Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1819

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tally as of post 1758

GG everyone!

Jabbz, we can chat here or in PM, whichever you prefer.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Oh hai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Member thankful for this post:

Zack 

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Novice had a pretty excellent last day, and Jabbz pushed the two scums down to the bottom 2 in this post. Jabbz all over GH in the final round. Logic at least had Manasi as scum.

But I think town was fairly beaten up and demoralized by then, and couldn't consolidate. And with Champ's vote, it was only a possible tie situation anyway.

Hard fought, town. I'm sorry your efforts weren't fruitful, but that you had fun with the journey and the hunt itself.

I wished I could have seen more bulbakhaan this game, what chaos that would've brought...
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-09-2017 at 23:59.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Also, I bow to you novice. You had it right, at the end. No hard feelings, I hope?
    Of course not, sorry if you thought the thread got hostile, that was just a bout of frustration on my part.

I suppose we got somewhat close at the end, but we were all wrong quite frequently as well... Shoutout to El Barto and Montmorency for being right about things most people were wrong about. Although it's not quite clear to me how much El Barto actually suspected Manasi. :)

And very good game by the scum team, one must grudgingly admit.

Logic 

SeveringViper

Townie
    Self-protect (Cannot be used on consecutive nights)
    1x roleblock

You may only use one action per night. You can choose to do no action.

That's all you know about yourself, for balance reasons. Any questions? PM me.

choxorn

Townie
    1x block
    2x Sleep (roleblocks a target for 3 nights)

You have a one shot standard roleblock, and 2 shots of sleep (status effect).

El Barto

Townie
    1x Poison

Poison may kill your target at the end of the next night, as it takes a while to have an effect. Poison status can be removed, or protected against, and some may be immune to poison.

You only have one shot.

Autolycus

Townie
    Self-protect (Cannot be used on consecutive nights)
    1x roleblock

You may only use one action per night. You can choose to do no action.

Cuthillius

Townie
    1x Poison

Poison may kill your target at the end of the next night, as it takes a while to have an effect. Poison status can be removed, or protected against, and some may be immune to poison.

You only have one shot.

Montmorency

Townie
    1x roleblock
    1x weak electric vigilante shot (only kills things that are specifically weak to electricity)

You may only use one action per night.

Sooh

Townie
    1x block

You have a one shot standard roleblock.

Raith Kemmler

Townie
    1x block

You have a one shot standard roleblock.

Novice

Townie
    No abilities

You are a vanilla townie, as far as you know.

BSmith

Townie

No abilities

Jabbz

Townie

No abilities

Champ

Townie

No abilities

Logic

Townie

No abilities

Greetings all.

This is your Team role PM for the Pokemon Mafia.

You are MAFIA.

Manasi, GeneralHankerchief, and Csargo, your objective is to reach parity with the town. Your roles are fairly unique, so read your role PMs carefully and make sure you understand them. It wouldn't hurt to read the Opening Post of the game thread about flavor and role PM claims, to make sure you are fully armed with info.
    Please note: Townies have far less info in their role PMs. They don't know what pokemon they are, or what type, and don't have an extensive move set at all, if any. They are bare bones compared to this role PM, for balance reasons.

I am on hand to answer any questions, and you may begin to discuss in this quicktopic here:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/97SFxyp8ZFaH

You are the elite Pokemon of Gary Motherf*^&ing Oak. (Hype!)

Fully evolved, and with a moveset that is guaranteed to inflict maximum amounts of pain unto your enemies, your goal might be to win the game, and help Gary Oak become the Champion he is destined to be. Or, you might simply be there to ensure a maximum level of annoyance to the prota-gon-ist, whatever his name is. That's what being a rival is all about. You're in it for the babes, the bucks, and the luls.

This is what you need to know about your team's abilities.

These abilities are shared between all three of you:

Teamkill: Any night, one of you may perform the team's kill. Yes, this can be roleblocked, so you must specify a person to use this ability.

The team kill is Earthquake, a ground-type move which doesn't affect flying types.

Got the flying type blues? You have individual flavorful kills you can use instead of the team's kill in order to target those.

1x Antidote:
    Use this if you get poisoned so you don't faint. You can choose to save it for later, however, and let a teammate die. Your call.

1x Awaken: Use this if you are afflicted with Sleep Status. Sleep will roleblock you for 3 consecutive nights, the night afflicted, plus two after that. Sleep doesn't mess around.

These abilities are shared between you, so if one of you or two of you die, you retain all of these powers.

------------------Now your individual information-----------------

Manasi- Charizard (aka Charmanasi)
    Fire/Flying type (weak to electricity)

Move set:
    Fire blast, Fly, Dragon claw, Earthquake

Fire blast or Dragon claw are flavorful attacks that only you have. Useful when Earthquake fails to kill. Only one of you may attack in a given night. Fly is a self-protect move that cannot be used on consecutive nights. Only one of you may use a self-protect move in a given night. Earthquake is your team kill, to be used in place of a flavorful attack.

GeneralHankerchief- Gyarados (aka Gyarachief)
    Water/Flying type (weak to electricity)

Move set:
    Hyper beam, Hydro pump, Double Team, Earthquake

Hyper beam or Hydro pump are flavorful attacks that only you have. Useful when Earthquake fails to kill. Only one of you may attack in a given night. Earthquake is your team kill, to be used in place of a flavorful attack.

Double Team is a self-defense move which will take some time to set up. You must use it 3 nights in a row for it to take effect. It has no effect until the third night, then can be used consecutively instead of any other move, if you wish. You can use this move while one other uses Protect/Endure, until it works, then only one of you may self-protect. If you are the last one alive, you may double team or attack, not both.

Csargo- Heracross (aka Csaracross)
    Bug/Fighting type

Move set:
    Strength, Megahorn, Endure, Earthquake

Strength and Megahorn are flavorful attacks that only you have. Useful when Earthquake fails to kill. Only one of you may attack in a given night. Endure is a self-protect move that cannot be used on consecutive nights. Only one of you may use a self-protect move in a given night. Earthquake is your team kill, to be used in place of a flavorful attack.

So, on a given night, one of you can kill, one of you can self-protect, and GH can set up his double team, until it's all set up on the third night. Then only one self-protect can be used.

You may send in moves for each other, in case the others are absent. I will only accept the most recent order.

It might be wise to send in all your orders in one role PM.

You can send them via the quicktopic, but make sure I can see them. Use bold tags on the QT to highlight them.

Sample:
    Quote Originally Posted by Night One
    Manasi uses Fly
    Generalhankerchief uses Double Team
    Csargo uses Earthquake on ______
    All clear? Ask me anything. There are some things you don't know and I can't answer, but I'll be able to answer other questions. Use the quicktopic or PM.

Greetings, khaan

You have randed: 3rd party (Team LeafGreen)

Neither town nor mafia, your objective is to survive the game (if it ends before final 4), or make it to final 4 alive. You do not need to defeat a specific team or kill 'em all in order to win. Thus, your win condition is technically compatible with either town or mafia. However, you do need to survive that long, and there are hostile things out there trying to kill you, so sometimes the best defense is a good o-ffense. Boot to the head, and all that.

Flavor:

You must know that all townies do not know what pokemon they are, or what type, or the name of their moves (if any) at game start. Their roles are particularly bland, to limit their info. The rules covering role PM claims in the opening post should cover your butt if people ask about your role. You can claim to be an ordinary townie, or one with one time powers of your choice, or something more powerful if you choose. Your ability to fake claim is not likely to result in anyone knowing for a fact that you are lying. That's as much as I can give you on that. Most townies do not have a move, or more than one move. I power up my 3rd parties, as you know. Gives you a shot at winning.

You are Bulbasaur. (Grass/Poison type)

Your move set: Solar beam, Sludge bomb, Earthquake, Protect

Most players do not have such an extensive move set, or know the flavor of their moves. Many have none.

You may use Protect on non-consecutive nights to protect yourself against all damage. So your survival is largely within your control. Although a concerted attack on you will kill you on a consecutive night. Protect fails if used twice in a row. You can use it twice in a row in order to specifically do nothing, if you wish. It will work again on the third consecutive night, and so forth

You may use Sludge Bomb on non-consecutive nights. It poisons a pokemon and it will faint at the end of the next Night phase, but be alive until then. It doesn't kill instantly. The non-flavor name of this move is "poison" if you wish to claim it. This move is invisible in the write-ups until the target dies. If you use this, the next night must be a vig or protect.

You may use one of the two flavor vigs, Solar Beam or Earthquake (whichever one you like) on non-consecutive nights. This counts as the same move, although the effect may be slightly different. These moves are visible in the write-up, but the source is unknown. Both moves can kill almost all pokemon. If you use one of these, the next night must be a protect or poison. You will be aware if your target was protected if the move fails for that reason. Solar Beam is more unique to you, Earthquake may be more generic.

You are mega-tough, and are immune to the following kinds of attack:

Poison Status, Electric attacks, and Sleep status. (Sleep status means being roleblocked for 3 consecutive nights).

You can be roleblocked for a single night at a time, however. You are also vulnerable to attacks any night you are not self-protecting.

The role may look complicated but I am here to answer any question you may have. I sincerely hope you have fun with the role, good luck!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

That deadchat was painful to read.

I was driving home from work as day was ending, so I didn't even have a chance to change it up or defend myself.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Everything is way more obvious when you're already spoiled, or in retrospect.

Happens to lots of towns. Don't beat yourselves up. It's a guessing game. Guessing wrong is still okay.

Guessing right without consensus is frustrating but also one of the ways town is handicapped.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Logic 

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Of course not, sorry if you thought the thread got hostile, that was just a bout of frustration on my part.

I suppose we got somewhat close at the end, but we were all wrong quite frequently as well... Shoutout to El Barto and Montmorency for being right about things most people were wrong about. Although it's not quite clear to me how much El Barto actually suspected Manasi. :)

And very good game by the scum team, one must grudgingly admit.
    I don't know if I would say hostile, but uncomfortable, for sure. My own "Manasi was healed by scum" theory should have clicked with me more, and I should have rushed to lynch her.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Everything is way more obvious when you're already spoiled, or in retrospect.

Happens to lots of towns. Don't beat yourselves up. It's a guessing game. Guessing wrong is still okay.

Guessing right without consensus is frustrating but also one of the ways town is handicapped.
    I'm not beating myself up about it, but I would be if I was the swing vote that lost us the game.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

GH's ability got me killed imo.

Hi.

Love u guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hi.

Love u guys.
    You were so openly wolfing for almost the entire game. How!? How.....!??

I wrote you off as definitely dead like 3 rounds ago.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I threw the game design together sloppily. Some parts didn't even make much sense, like what was the disadvantage to using the flavor kills for the mafia team? Earthquake is weak against pidgey, but they could just use a different kill instead and it would kill everything. I decided if I just didn't tell the mafia team that, they'd use earthquake until they hit someone they couldn't kill. A really sloppy design choice that wasn't apparent because I just didn't tell the scums that the flavor kills were better.

Also, I was worried about sleep being overpowered, scums not having a roleblock to compensate, and town having multiple poisons and a chance to kill a scumbag with a vig, plus a serial killer in the game who can poison or vig.

I actually thought I stacked the deck against the mafia team slightly, and that it would have been a likely 3rd party and town victory.

Things didn't play out that way. Thoughts on balance?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: Tally as of post 1705

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Well, congratulations scum team. I sit here thinking I am a good candidate for LVP. :-/
    Champ did not try or care at all at any point in this game that I could tell. You at least tried, even if it was sometimes frustrating to watch.

Logic 

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I threw the game design together sloppily. Some parts didn't even make much sense, like what was the disadvantage to using the flavor kills for the mafia team? Earthquake is weak against pidgey, but they could just use a different kill instead and it would kill everything. I decided if I just didn't tell the mafia team that, they'd use earthquake until they hit someone they couldn't kill. A really sloppy design choice that wasn't apparent because I just didn't tell the scums that the flavor kills were better.

Also, I was worried about sleep being overpowered, scums not having a roleblock to compensate, and town having multiple poisons and a chance to kill a scumbag with a vig, plus a serial killer in the game who can poison or vig.

I actually thought I stacked the deck against the mafia team slightly, and that it would have been a likely 3rd party and town victory.

Things didn't play out that way. Thoughts on balance?
    I think the setup was townsided, though I haven't looked at it in close detail.

Thanks for hosting pizza. And gg everyone, novice and gh especially.

I do want to say about the scum team: Each of them played a nearly perfect game. Even when legitimate suspicion came, like on Manasi, she was basically in anti-spew the entire time. I am not sure Csargo goes down without being caught via block, and his death didn't immediately point to GH or Manasi as partners since he played it so well. GH was a total beast.

That was a really well played scum game. Besides mechanical stuff, and Manasi's anti-spew, I wasn't seeing a reason for town to even go after them. And even if they did, it wouldn't implicate the others. That's how it's done.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

This was one of the first .Org games where I consciously just tried to mislynch as many people as possible and leave the biggest trail of corpses in my wake as I could moreso than trying to appear town and slide through the game. A side objective for me was to try to pull off the sweep, and I think we might have had an outside shot of it had Zack not correctly roleblocked Csargo the night we tried to kill Zack. All in all I think this went fairly well, though it was a super high-wire act at points.

I did have a backup plan should Manasi have gone down this phase: That night, after novice was inevitably NK'd, I was going to say "okay look, Gyarados has been doing the kills, the night Monty tried to vig someone it obviously didn't work and Monty was hell-bent for my head, Gyarados is weak to thunder, I'm lock clear". I think it would have worked.

-edit- and of course, I'd like to thank Csargo and Manasi for being excellent partners, hopefully they'll have their own personal perspectives to add on.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-10-2017 at 01:02.

I had GH totally pegged. That case you made against Khaan was alignment indicative for its scummy PIS construction, and you did nothing to recover. Chaos vote clearly a ploy to balance scum distribution on wagons, and reprise a move usually associated in our minds with Town GH. You did smart limiting your engagement with me to occasional whining and shading about my case, you couldn't afford a thread-dominating conflagration. Sweat it out, and that's how time kills an issue in every townie's mind.

Apologies to novice for panicking and fumbling at the end: with the data locked up in Barto lynch, and confusion over the Scum#3 pool, and wanting to pin down GH partnerless for maximum effect, and Jabbz town not bringing me to Manasi scum, and Jabbz only scum with novice...I was overwhelmed with confusion and distraction and didn't play effectively. I regret not tunneling hard enough. Here's the list of likely pairings I sent to Pizza after the Barto lynch for full sad trombone:

Likely Pairs: Novice-Jabbz | Novice-Champ | | GH-Logic | Novice-Logic | GH-Manasi
    I attacked you N2, novice, pretty much randomly from a large group of candidates, including Manasi. I didn't attack GH because I figured I could lynch him next day, so two birds and all that. So I suppose I fumbled twice.

Prior to late D6, it's hard for me to judge Manasi's scumminess against her other game here. I mean, I want to call her style scummy overall, but that clearly didn't work out well for us/me in French Rev. I thought I made an appropriate adjustment, don't know how to fix it. Champ at least cleared himself with desperation toward the end.

Grats to novice and Zack for best town. Barto for towniest play on the day he died. Jabbz for purity. Viper for heart. Sooh for starting strong. Everyone else for almost saving the day. Thank you to host Pizza, for a fun game. I came in wanting to eat a Mafia nightkill pronto, but just when I think I'm out, gameflow investment pulls me back in.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This was one of the first .Org games where I consciously just tried to mislynch as many people as possible and leave the biggest trail of corpses in my wake as I could moreso than trying to appear town and slide through the game.
    active > reactive > passive

Now that everyone is spoiled, they can look back and see how extremely pro-wolf manasi played all game and got widely town read for it. Wolves often overthink and take pro-town actions unnecessarily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Chaos vote clearly a ploy to balance scum distribution on wagons, and reprise a move usually associated in our minds with Town GH.
    Actually not the reason why I did it. When I was catching up at that highway rest stop (wasn't lying about that) what struck me was how the Raith wagon came out of nowhere and how he might be able to recover if he survived this lynch. Choxorn (before he subbed out anyway) was looking like an easy lynch later on. So I went with the limited-opportunity target.

Oh, and of course I have to mention Csargo for his sneaky performance as scum, another individual best (in my memory of you people) after Choxorn's show last game.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    active > reactive > passive

Now that everyone is spoiled, they can look back and see how extremely pro-wolf manasi played all game and got widely town read for it. Wolves often overthink and take pro-town actions unnecessarily.
    Can you give tips and examples from this game now, so we don't lynch her as town real quick in later games?
    Vitiate Man.

Can you give tips and examples from this game now, so we don't lynch her as town real quick in later games?
    Well, i just meant stuff like always listing her wolf partners as her town circle and never voicing any suspicion of them.

Personally my method of reading manasi is hoping one of us dies before i have to make an actual decision on the matter.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Oh, and of course I have to mention Csargo for his sneaky performance as scum, another individual best (in my memory of you people) after Choxorn's show last game.
    Thanks for that Monty. I'll post my thoughts on the game when I get home. Congrats to my teammates for carrying me to victory. They both played an extremely great game.

This is probably the first game where I've felt "at home" here at the org. I know some people were surprised by my level of engagement and volume. I have to say I was as well, but that explains why. I enjoyed playing with everyone, even butting heads with Viper, because it's all in the game and nothing more than that. I have great respect for your game, even if it does puzzle me sometimes.

Novice, you were an easy clear for me this game.

Anyone else who I might have accurately read... what can I say, I'm a good guesser :P

Anyone I might have inaccurately read... add a "sometimes" to the previous statement.

;)

What can I do to annoy El Barto? hm... Hopefully I already have somehow in the above :P <3

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

Oh I cleared both of them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Oh I cleared both of them
    No bobbyknight.gif?

I really wanted a bobbyknight.gif from you.

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast