Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Manasi is a real town lean at about 50 percent confidence.

I can't claim to be an expert Manasi reader at all, but I'm not lynching there anytime soon.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

Dp101 

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Logic town and not grasping the subtleties of the force.

He unclaimed and explained he's been a miller recently. That has to be annoying.
    Of course I don't get "the force." That's in a competing franchise!
    Aliases Yakostovian

I believe you're annoyed by the spam.

I don't believe you have essentially no townies. Weak lean townie on one person is the same as nothing.

republic credits don't work out here, I need something more real.

You did the work loading all these posts and reading up to this point. I think your town game is better than basically nothing so far, so now I have a weak wolfy vibe from you that is very real.
    Why? I don't think much if anything this game that has happened is indicative of alignment, so why do you think someone would struggle to find town in a sea of gifs, jokes, and wifom posts?

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Hey DP any reason why you didn't join the wagon if you're annoyed by the lack of content in the game?
    Wagons to end spam never work.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    Why? I don't think much if anything this game that has happened is indicative of alignment, so why do you think someone would struggle to find town in a sea of gifs, jokes, and wifom posts?
    ^^^

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

I also somehow missed the "unclaim" in my first read-through.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Wouldn't? I think the intent is clear there anyways.

If anything I lean slightly town on DP for not trying to force reads where he doesn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Wagons to end spam never work.
    Are you reading him as town? I don't see what's the issue if you aren't.

If anyone tries to lynch you or Champ this game, wipe them out. All of them.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

A generic someone sure. Dp101 is not a generic someone.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Tell me about the Champ read? He hasn't even registered as a player in the game to me yet.

I could go back and look at his posts and see if I see what you see, but I'd rather explain it, because I don't like your push on DP here at all.

A generic someone sure. Dp101 is not a generic someone.
    You're all generic someones to me!

You're all generic someones to me!
    I know. You need time to acclimate and it's possible you don't read very many people right at all.

Different folks I hold to different standards. Specifics, not generics.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I mean, I fully expect people to hold me to some kind of standard. I won't be able to call people town or scum based on how that player is acting relative to previous games of theirs, but there should be some kind of process there and accuracy should be expected to some degree.

Also means I'm not going to take things like 'X is town' with no explanation at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Oh, I do love Eddie Izzard.

I hope you have noticed that I am voting for you to be hanged from the neck until you die.
    Cake please.

Seems like a you problem not a me problem. I guess I could beg but if I get lynched day 1 in my first game, then I get lynched day 1 in my first game. The Random gods must be sated.

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    As if Kevin knows anything that isn't candy-related.
    because hes fat?
    extremely rude

Why Champ?

Tell me about the Champ read? He hasn't even registered as a player in the game to me yet.

I could go back and look at his posts and see if I see what you see, but I'd rather explain it, because I don't like your push on DP here at all.
    He barged in here without reading everything, some things but obviously not everything, and began posting.

He should have seen big warning signs in big bold colorful letters that warranted scrutiny if he's scum, so he doesn't modkill himself etc.

Maybe it's NAI for him and he'd not care if he blundered as scum, but in my experience people care about that kind of stuff more when they have a known bunch of teammates working in secret with him.

He's also active and engaged, for him, by comparison to the previous game on here.

It's different and someone could read that as scummy for being different. I do not, because he could have had a very easy and effective scum game by not engaging more.

Now that I think about it maybe he randed scum and is hugely excited about that, and that's why he's sticking around more than a few minutes at a time.

But I'm not on that page yet. I feel good about the townie lean. So we'll see.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I mean, I fully expect people to hold me to some kind of standard. I won't be able to call people town or scum based on how that player is acting relative to previous games of theirs, but there should be some kind of process there and accuracy should be expected to some degree.

Also means I'm not going to take things like 'X is town' with no explanation at face value.
    Excellent.

We're in agreement on good town fundamentals and theory at least.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Are you reading him as town? I don't see what's the issue if you aren't.
    Null currently.

He barged in here without reading everything, some things but obviously not everything, and began posting.

He should have seen big warning signs in big bold colorful letters that warranted scrutiny if he's scum, so he doesn't modkill himself etc.

Maybe it's NAI for him and he'd not care if he blundered as scum, but in my experience people care about that kind of stuff more when they have a known bunch of teammates working in secret with him.

He's also active and engaged, for him, by comparison to the previous game on here.

It's different and someone could read that as scummy for being different. I do not, because he could have had a very easy and effective scum game by not engaging more.

Now that I think about it maybe he randed scum and is hugely excited about that, and that's why he's sticking around more than a few minutes at a time.

But I'm not on that page yet. I feel good about the townie lean. So we'll see.
    On a superficial level I can see it, but that feels much more player indicative than it does alignment indicative.

Contrary to my previous post, I did read all of Champs posts in isolation and my impression of him is not...someone that would bother closely reading the rules.

I just wanted you to explain it to see if it tracked as something that could be "angly" as I think you referred to the town read being, and I can see how you could have that read as a lean even if not the absolute confidence you expressed in it.

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

what rules

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Pizza says it doesn't count.

I agree about Pizza.
    Let's quasi-bookmark this for information on El Pizzahombre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Barto! I was just thinking about you, talk to me.
    Yes? Hello there, ma'am. What a nice… hat you have.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Null currently.
    Part of me wants to be contrarian and stick with my town lean/dislike of the push on DP, but the lack of town reads/leans, calling people null, yet not really trying to change that sends up a couple red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    because hes fat?
    extremely rude
    His intellegence and his weight have nothing to do with each other. However, his expertise in candy might have something to do with his weight.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Here, have some information El bartus.

Vote: El barto
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Part of me wants to be contrarian and stick with my town lean/dislike of the push on DP, but the lack of town reads/leans, calling people null, yet not really trying to change that sends up a couple red flags.
    He can town-clear himself well by midgame if he is town. That's really the only reason I'm not sinking my teeth into his leg atm.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    His intellegence and his weight have nothing to do with each other. However, his expertise in candy might have something to do with his weight.
    Reasonably sound logic.

Other than his thoughts on slightly derpy accountants, what are your thoughts on Champ this game?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Champ y u so engaged this game? You scum? 3rd party? Neutral? Turtle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

He can town-clear himself well by midgame if he is town. That's really the only reason I'm not sinking my teeth into his leg atm.
    You disappoint me ATPG.

Vote:ATPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast