Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    Also on top of this, even from a town perspective, if Auto is town that is, we can afford to lynch him. We're in mylo now, if we mislynch here we're wrong.

If Auto does have two lives we can lynch him, confirm his role, and go into lylo tomorrow. From a mechanics standpoint it makes 0 sense to lynch me.

So Barto should realize this, and the fact that Auto suggested trying to kill him earlier in the game and not doing so now, is also confusing. If you don't think I'm town it's one thing, but it makes less sense to lynch if you're not sure.

I have a feeling anyway, the only way we get out of today without a Fred lynch loss, is an Auto lynch. Auto's not exhibited behavior that makes me feel confident that he'll ever post again, so his vote is likely not moving. Barto could move in the scenario, Barto not moving would seem woflie, it get's very wifom, because a confident Town Barto would feel confident enough to not move, a non-confident Barto or Wolf Barto would be forced to play this in the same way.

anyway

vote: Auto

Either way this won't lose us the game.
    Basically, all that you have said is invalid. That is not what Autolycus' claimed role is. A Tree Stump is supposed to be a dead player
    See here his posts on D5:
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I'm honestly fine with a me lynch here.

I haven't been able to be active, and I'm HardClaim: Andromedon and if I'm killed I become a Tree Stump. That's an ability that isn't verifiable without my death, and we don't lose my ability to provide analysis. Cuth poisoning me if he has more uses would not be a bad idea either.

That being said, I'm still a town lynch, so I'll vote: Logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    In addition to continuing to look for another XCOM, I also think we need to start thinking about who might be 3rd party anti-town. I agree that I should not be around at lyol unless you're willing to just trust that I'm town to the hilt. Accordingly, I'll say flat out that cuth should poison me tonight. Since we're at even numbers in the day currently, we don't lose a day from doing that (assuming no more than one other kill per night), and it means we don't waste a day on lynching me.
    If he is a town lynch, it would be bad if he were asking to be lynched when that would mean the town loses, wouldn't it? He asked to be killed, back in the day, but DP101 (later Walrein) declined to do that.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I seriously don't know what goes wrong when I use the quick reply feature. There's always a missing quote, as if the thing saved the message halfway through, let me go on writing and then send the earlier copy (twice, to boot). So, the remaining part of my message, more or less (and hopefully to be posted only once).

A Tree Stump is a player who has lost all of their abilities as a player except that of being able to post. In essence, they are a dead player who can still post in the game thread. Any Night Actions that player may have had before becoming "stumped" are removed. As Tree Stumps cannot vote, they are not counted as living players for any purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Just so everyone knows, tree stump does fit with the lore for how an Andromedon works in the game (it essentially has two stages, you kill the first and it becomes a less powerful enemy). I trust this claim. Vote: Logic
    I was a tree stump in Zack's Futuramafia last year.

I think either is fine, but why auto over logic?
    Why did you not want to lynch auto back then?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I seriously don't know what goes wrong when I use the quick reply feature. There's always a missing quote, as if the thing saved the message halfway through, let me go on writing and then send the earlier copy (twice, to boot). So, the remaining part of my message, more or less (and hopefully to be posted only once).

I was a tree stump in Zack's Futuramafia last year.

Why did you not want to lynch auto back then?
    Because I felt logic was more wolfy and had more to analyze, Auto was at best null with some ok votes. I would have lynched Auto, but Logic was my preferred lynch.

Also thanks for clearing that up, I've never played with a stump really mechanically, and missed that, just thought he had two lives.

Because I felt logic was more wolfy and had more to analyze, Auto was at best null with some ok votes. I would have lynched Auto, but Logic was my preferred lynch.
    In fact you gave me a hassle for voting logic when you extrapolated that I didn't care from the post you quoted.

Also thanks for clearing that up, I've never played with a stump really mechanically, and missed that, just thought he had two lives.
    So now that your theory is disproven, what do you propose to do?

At the moment we're going for a coin toss.

Day is over, don't post.

Just to reiterate, don't post until I say in bold blue that you can post.

End of Day 7.

And then there were four. Two ADVENT soldiers, one alien, and the elusive last member of XCOM.

There was a long debate on who the last XCOM soldier was. Autolycus and El Barto quickly accused Fredwood, while Nippleman and Fredwood responded by accusing Autolycus. Naturally, no one stopped to consider that the mechanically correct play was to accuse no one and wait until f3 to make a decision.

In the end, the vote was tied.

"I'm not dying today," declared Fredwood, carefully gripping his rifle.

"Funny. Neither am I," replied Autolycus with a smirk.

Nippleman rolled his eyes and shot Autolycus before anyone could stop him.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Autolycus was an Andromedon!

He was town!

Before Fredwood could get out an "oh darn," Nippleman quickly turned and blasted him with his shotgun.

Fredwood was an ADVENT Trooper!

He was town!

El Barto raised his rifle and prepared to fire, but before his finger could reach the trigger his torso had been sliced in half by Nippleman's sword.

El Barto was an ADVENT Trooper!

He was town!

Nippleman smiled. The alien menace was defeated and earth was free.

-------

XCOM (Mafia) victory.

-------

Living Players: 1

Nippleman - Ranger

------

Dead Players: 16

Jowy - Faceless
    crimson_snow - Muton
    Askthepizzaguy - Sectoid
    GeneralHankerchief - Sectoid
    Manasi - Grenadier
    Sooh - ADVENT Trooper
    BSmith - Psi Operative
    Montmorency - ADVENT Shieldbearer
    novice - Sharpshooter
    Logic - ADVENT Trooper
    Cuth - Viper
    Walrein - Archon
    Csargo - ADVENT Trooper
    autolycus - Andromedon
    Fredwood - ADVENT Trooper
    El Barto - ADVENT Trooper

The game is over, the mafia have won.

Thanks for playing, everyone! Postgame has begun, dead players can talk again, etc.

And there we go.

Weeeeeeee.

Graveyard QT: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/XYJ7zH6SSJVqQ

----

I won't be posting wolfchat due to the sensitive nature of some posts, and would ask the wolves not to share it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Weeeeeeee.
    As always, lurking around EoD, eh? ;)

Yeah that auto vote really messed me up, no lynch there is the move I think, and I misunderstood the role so was trying to force that. So Oops.

Fun game, sorry for voting you off pizza, you're goat. Thanks for the host Zack love the theme. Good Game Nips/Winston good wolfing.
    Last edited by Fredwood; 07-13-2017 at 04:56.

Members thankful for this post (2):

As always, lurking around EoD, eh? ;)
    Anything to rub a win in your face, sweetheart. ❤️

Also, rip Walrein, I think we do win if that claim came earlier, even if I'm lynched there I think there's a good chance town could win. But EOD's weren't that active by then.

Anything to rub a win in your face, sweetheart. ❤️
    And you still won't invite me to dinner.

Three out of five?
    Also, rip Walrein, I think we do win if that claim came earlier, even if I'm lynched there I think there's a good chance town could win. But EOD's weren't that active by then.
    Yes… basically that would have cleared Walrein mechanically, I was clear (in the last phase I decided that you were either a sincere clueless townie or a mafioso trying to get me), and frankly I wouldn't have lynched auto. Still, I can't be expected to stay up by the keyboard until 2 a.m. all days.

I had begun to suspect Winston but then he was replaced and saying ‘hey I suspected his inactivity but the action of replacing him changed my mind’ is the type of comment not allowed by the rules.

Hey, Walrein, don't take it personally. I just think it was really bad play, but it's not as if I myself was the best player or that I've never made mistakes.

In walrein's defense, he's used to having everyone around and active at EOD.

Member thankful for this post:

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Graveyard QT: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/XYJ7zH6SSJVqQ

----

I won't be posting wolfchat due to the sensitive nature of some posts, and would ask the wolves not to share it either.
    Now I really want to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

In walrein's defense, he's used to having everyone around and active at EOD.
    Yes, players come from different places, timezones, etc. The same goes for Fredwood, I posted two or three times that it was my first game with him so at worst I was misreading him because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Now I really want to know...
    It's not game-related, and that's all I will say on the matter.

C'mon, Csargo, a bit of mystery's always good in life.

C'mon, Csargo, a bit of mystery's always good in life.
    Agreed.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Fair enough, Zack, I understand. Thanks for hosting. Congrats to the mafia team, especially WH/Nippleman for pulling off the win.

You'll probably never see me post this much in a game again. It was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Askthepizzaguy's Day One:

Askthepizzaguy's Day Two:

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I found this tally interesting in my re-reading. I stopped and looked for potential partner exclusions.

Official Tally as of #593

2 Champ (crimson_snow, Jowy)
    2 Csargo (Dp101, novice) <------------
    2 El Barto (Fredwood, Sooh)
    2 Jowy (Askthepizzaguy, Csargo)
    2 Montmorency (Logic, Cuthillius)
    2 Sooh (BSmith, Manasi) <------------

1 Askthepizzaguy (Montmorency)
    1 Dp101 (El Barto)
    1 Logic (Winston Hughes) <------------
    1 Manasi (Champ)
    1 novice (autolycus) <------------
    One of Auto and novice can be scum, would not anticipate both. Not even saying I'm leaning that way, just noting it's not a couple probably.
    Csargo and novice are not a couple, I don't think. Not really thinking that was a strong possibility anyway.
    Auto probably not scum with Novice.
    Winston and Logic low odds of being a scum team.
    Manasi scum might clear someone, but she was never under serious pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    A bad day ended by a bad vote.
    Other than Jowy's alignment being town, what was bad about day one?
    I'll even make it a softball question. I think it would be a scummy narrative to call day one bad. Or be at all unenthusiastic about the game state.

No death last night is great, and the actual information that can be gleaned by the tally for much of the round is extremely useful for pairing analysis.

And I have a lot more townies than I did at end of day 1 than start of day 1.

The narrative that day one was bad, is wolfy as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Forgive them Pizza, for they know not what they do.
    Tl;dr:

Fredwood is not lock town, but has successfully and ably cleared the hurdle, and has cleared the hurdle by more than the minimum.

Fred, if you want me to lock you town, I need more. Make this your second chance at Champs glory, if you feel like investing that much.
    Next scummy in line:

Vote: Novice
    I will roomba the ever living fudgsicles out of this game if people keep engaging.
    I feel specifically pocketed by Manasi.

I cannot tell if it's because she's scum or if because she's just easily read me town and is also town. It's a bother.

[wall]

That's Novice's day 2.

He should not get a day 3.
    Teal deer summary for the wall-impaired

1) Terrible opening flurry for reasons stated above.

2) Parrots many people's reasoning so he can hang in the background in plain sight, not be responsible for other people's pushes while supporting them.

3) Buddying

4) Awful process arriving at his "top town read" Jowy for utterly generic reasons, a townread which he then doesn't defend, but helps me attack.

5) Vote Csargo, peace out, using Cuth's justification.

6) Nothing at all townie about him found.
    I think the 1/4 effort as opposed to champs is accurate, if not completely correct by the percentages. I was tryharding in champs and I'm more casual now, when I nomad I experiment more and try to learn things from the experience. On top of that everyone in champs was in the same boat I was.
    Snap impression of my wall on novice?

I'm about to call for a Megazord comprised of myself, Barto, Autolycus, and Csargo. I have no idea how many power rangers there are and I had to look up what the term was for the Megazord, but if you wanna be number five let's do this thing.
    Monty can be the purple one.

Also why Auto?
    Because autolynchus voted a scum in 100 percent of his posts so far, making him the best townie in the game.
    Askthepizzaguy- 100
    Csargo- 80
    Dp101- 60
    crimson_snow- 70
    Cuthillius- 60
    El Barto- 50
    Fredwood- 60

Winston- 55
    Autolycus- 80 on Novice scum flip
    ------------------------
    Monty (Leaning not scum)
    ------------------------
    Manasi (one of Sooh and Manasi, I think)
    Sooh (see above)
    ------------------------
    Logic best of the remaining 4
    Champ/GH
    - give space. Lynch at final 3 if alive.
    Bsmith- Too lazy for a town read.
    Novice- Too scummy to be town.
    Cuth-y reasoning, for sure.

I think we can stop here.

Cuth just town this game. His process is Cuthy and he's not finding scum pizza this game, as much as he'd like to. That's a nice get if it ever happens.

Sorry to disappoint, Coof.
    #lolCuth

Monty behavior.

Neut or Monty townie. Monty is his own alignment, and can live in a town made of tinfoil.

Scum monty? I don't know how his behavior matches a scum game. Maybe it's that bizarre but I don't think so.
    Something you gotta know about Autolycus is that the first vote he places in any round is often his last.

Novice scum is an Auto town read, solid.
    I have to stay alive if third party, neut, or survivor.

This is my town machismo unless I had guaranteed night protection. I still randed town though.
    If you mislynch, do not mislynch inside my town core.

Don't lynch Auto today. Pretty sure he gets clear with a novice flip.
    1:35am

burned out pizza.

LolCuth

Vote stays on Novice the obvious scumbag.

Good night all!
    #lolCuth

So either cuth's lying or poisoning doesn't give a message. Leaning toward the latter since his behavior all game has been excellent enough to clear him.

But still lolCuth.
    #lolCuth

When I am lynched

You
    Will
    Look
    At
    My
    Consider
    Their
    Merit.

I honestly couldn't have had a townier game unless I spent 20 straight hours at it like champs.

My body is ready for a silly lynch though. At least I get to shake Jowy's hand in dead chat and apologize to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    because if bp town that means low chance of doc

that also means either someone would have had to use some sort of poison neutralizer on you

or ???
    I want that novice death.

Upon my death, I am ordering you to kill Novice with the fires of a thousand suns as penance for your failure.

Or you can watch him win the game as scum, it's your call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    So, you will only consider your top 3, plus unnamed others? What gives? This sounds like a non-commital to me.
    Logic here is a good example.

You can't fake this.

I <3 you logic, please don't be mad at me for being my example.
    i respect your reads, crimson, but I'd rather you put me up against novice so I have a chance of lynching him.

That said, Manasi/Sooh needs to be resolved so I don't hate a Manasi lynch.
    I'm retreading a bit.

Contemplating who should be higher on my V list.

Don't you think novice is playing like he did in Pokémon
    No

I think he's a gigantic hit you over the head gigantic big ball of scum that needs to die in the worst possible way as soon as possible

He's the only obvious mafia read I've gotten, and it's been building since the start.

He gotta die, NOW.
    Lol what the fuck is this
    You've been skipping my posts this phase.

I laid out my reasoning on you. I lean town on you more than Sooh, but think there's a fair chance.

I had tons of problems town-clearing you this game.

If you pocketed me, which can happen, it'd be nice that you died.

If not, lynch novice.
    Official Tally as of #1341

----

Day 2 ends in:

----

5 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, El Barto, Csargo)

4 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101, BSmith, Fredwood)
    4 Manasi (Sooh, novice, Winston Hughes, crimson_snow)

1 Csargo (GeneralHankerchief)
    1 El Barto (Csargo)
    1 Sooh (Manasi)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    That's bullshit though. They're perfectly capable (and I think likely) of both being town.
    I gotta have my dead scum novice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    good thing you ignored my walls telling you why not
    Sorry I'm a baller and you're not.
    #lolCuth

6 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101, BSmith, Fredwood, novice, Manasi)
    6 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, El Barto, Csargo, crimson_snow)

3 Manasi (Sooh, novice, Winston Hughes)

1 Csargo (GeneralHankerchief)
    1 El Barto (Csargo)
    Get off of Pizza, he bleeds town.

If it rands on novice and he dies and is scum, I am the goatest goat that ever goated.
    He was town!

But on the third day.... He is risen.

Why.

He like 300+ posted in a half dead game, he was possibly poisoned and would die in the night, and he just radiated town who cared. That lynch was worse than any I saw in the championship series.

Yes. Any.

By the light and grace of LordHankerchief....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'm reheating pizza right now.

Destroy Manasi with fire, destroy BSmith with fire, destroy novice with fire.

Any order.

I take back what I said about taking back what I said about Bsmith being lazy.

He's just a wolf.

Here's how you can tell Novice is a wolf, if you blatantly ignore what I said before:

Novice: Normal
    Novice: dip dip dip
    Novice: ain't got much to say

That's wolfy.

Askthepizzaguy- Because I'm never a wolf and scums lynched me.
    autolycus- If Novice is scum, this slot is likely a townie, and he's a shitty low-info lynch regardless. Lynch for partner analysis, not lurker punishment.
    Csargo- Because he's town.
    Cuthillius- Because he's town.
    Dp101- Because he's been trending up but he's still not lock.
    El Barto- Maybe he shouldn't be this high. But his slot looks astounding if my scums are correct.
    GeneralHankerchief- if he doesn't die by final 3/4 lynch here. Not until, for mechanical reasons.
    Logic- Because he tried to help me lynch novice. Plus he's way more pure than everyone below this line.
    Montmorency- I almost have an actual town read on this guy. That's astounding.
    Winston Hughes- Has townie thoughts I can quote for you. He's good, otherwise he'd be higher.
    Sooh- resolve Manasi first. If she's scum, Sooh gets a reprieve.
    I can go in-depth on most of these, but I already did. If you need a refresher ping me and I'll go find it for you, but if I post info in wall form it's not gonna be read apparently.

You only ever lynch below this line today:

Fredwood
    - starting tomorrow he can be considered again if and only if novice was town. If novice is scum, don't lynch here until super late game.

If someone mechanically clears themselves in my wolf pile, think about him but I dunno too many town indicators.

really only mentioning him because of the 4 wolf probs.

long way down.

novice <----still my top scumbag and he always dies this game barring a miracle, but you need to examine these two
    BSmith <----This one
    Manasi <----This one

If I am here at all, that means to me that there are four scums likely in the setup, not three. So start preparing for such a possibility.

Tinfoils on my town core welcome, votes not.
    #Thereadslistofasupersaiyan

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    atpg needs a world religion founded in his name

*** EVENT ***

Askthepizzaguy collapses to the floor where he stands, rejoining the the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy, Dead Chat
    Wait, what? WHAT!?!??!

I AM THE GOATEST GOAT The greatest goat, the purest goat

I am become BUTTERMILK, destroyer of scums!

I do trick jumps off of wolves with the wimmest of wim!
    #Iambecomebuttermilk

*throws all my toys out of the pram*

I said don't lynch Autolycus on Novice scum fliiiiiiiiiiiip
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Logic can't fake himself this game
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Csargo not scum best town game ever
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cuth lock town as I said
    GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Like, despite everything, I still have 6 people higher on the POE than Winston alive

Follow my list, I'd even forgive a fredwood lynch here as long as Winston is next.
    Winston is this scum team's chance at ultimate glory, and no one has a specifically scum read on him.
    Winston too dangerous.
    #Winstontoostrong

End of Day 5.

Logic was killed by the unruly mob.

He was town!
    Logic I tried to help. *hugs*

Next game when I suck you gotta ignore me tho.

Only sheep me when I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 07-13-2017 at 08:35.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Members thankful for this post (2):

CsargoZack 

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

gg wp scum team

gg wp townie frands

Thanks a million for hosting Zack

Thanks GH for the sub and the goatsurrection.

Thanks Walrein and Nippleman for subbing in, the game would have been literally broken unless you did. Elite late game subs.

Well earned victory scums, hard fought town.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 07-13-2017 at 09:54.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

what's it to ya? Member Ampharos's Avatar

apologizing again for low WIM. thread activity wasn't helping my motivation but like... i definitely could have done better

should have just YOLO'd the shot and then claimed to get myself out of the PoE but shrug

wp winston/nips, gg everyone else too

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Good job Winston and Nippleman. I I doubt I would have suspected you were I still alive in the same position.

EDIT: And because the game is over, I will now edit my post!

Good game, Zack. I liked the flavor of this game.

Congratz to the Wolf team.
    Last edited by Logic; 07-13-2017 at 12:24.
    Aliases Yakostovian

EVEN IN POSTGAME ATPG MAKES POSTS HORRENDOUS TO TRY AND READ.

Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast