Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword."

---

Game Information:

- This game is based on XCOM 2. The mafia are XCOM and the town are aliens invading earth. I will neither confirm nor deny the possibility of other parties.

- There will be no cults, no jesters, no roles which can influence voting / the lynch, no false alignment reveals.

- There will be unique and unusual roles and mechanics. I'm doing my best to balance the scales between a simple, streamlined experience and a complex clusterfluster. In that regard, it should be similar~ish to the Futurama game I hosted last year.

- It will be cool (maybe) and fun (hopefully) and balanced (no promises).

---

Player List: 17

Montmorency
    Csargo
    El Barto
    BSmith
    Cuth
    Dp101
    novice
    Champ
    Manasi
    autolycus
    Askthepizzaguy
    Sooh
    Jowy
    Winston Hughes
    Logic
    Fredwood
    crimson_snow

Sub List:

GH -- replaced Champ
    Robotica
    Last edited by Zack; 07-13-2017 at 04:54.

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

IMPORTANT LINKS:

Day 7 ends in:

1. Player List. A list of all the players in the game and their status.

2. Game Rules. The rules of the game. Read these rules before you do anything else, or I will find you and slap you.

3. End of Day 1. Jowy was Town (Faceless).

4. End of Night 1. No one died.

5. GeneralHankerchief replaces Champ.

6. End of Day 2. Askthepizzaguy was town (Sectoid).

7. End of Night 2. crimson_snow was killed (town Muton). ATPG brought back to life, though who knows how permanent it is.

8. Day 3 event. GeneralHankerchief was killed and Askthepizzaguy died (both town Sectoids).

9. End of Day 3. Manasi was mafia (Grenadier).

10. End of Night 3. Sooh was killed (town ADVENT Trooper). novice was poisoned.

11. End of Day 4. BSmith was mafia (Psi Operative).

12. End of Night 4. novice died to poison (mafia Sharpshooter). Montmorency was killed (town ADVENT Shieldbearer).

13. End of Day 5. Logic was town (ADVENT Trooper).

14. Walrein replaces Dp101.

15. End of Night 5. Cuth was town (Viper).

16. Nippleman replaces Winston Hughes.

17. End of Day 6. Walrein was town (Archon).

18. End of Night 6. Csargo was town (ADVENT Trooper).
    Last edited by Zack; 07-11-2017 at 06:04.

PLAYER LIST

Alive: 4

autolycus
    El Barto
    Fredwood
    Nippleman (formerly Winston Hughes)

---

Lynched: 6

D1 - Jowy. Faceless. Town.

D2 - Askthepizzaguy. Sectoid. Town. Brought back to life and died again on D3.

D3 - Manasi. Grenadier. Mafia.

D4 - BSmith. Psi Operative. Mafia.

D5 - Logic. ADVENT Trooper. Town.

D6 - Walrein (formerly Dp101). Archon. Town.

---

Killed: 7

N1 - n/a

N2 - crimson_snow. Muton. Town.

D3 - GeneralHankerchief. Sectoid. Town.

N3 - Sooh. ADVENT Trooper. Town.

N4 - Montmorency. ADVENT Shieldbearer. Town.
    N4 - novice. Sharpshooter. Mafia.

n5 - Cuthillius. Viper. Town.

n6 - Csargo. ADVENT Trooper. Town.
    Last edited by Zack; 07-11-2017 at 06:05.

You must read these rules before playing.

Setup

~ The Town are the ALIEN INVADERS intent on conquering Earth. They seek to eliminate the mafia and any hostile third-parties. Most players are town. A sample town Role PM is shown below:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Knowing that my past surgical experience is limited, I'm sure the crew appreciates I hone my skills on fallen ADVENT before triaging our own wounded. To the uninitiated the common ADVENT Trooper is seemingly human, the aliens have disguised its most glaring divergence from the human form with with a carefully designed helmet.

ADVENT Trooper

Player: < whoever >

Faction: TOWN

Lore: http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/ADVENT_Trooper

Team Victory Conditions:

The Town achieves victory based on its ability to achieve the goals listed below.

- The Mafia (XCOM) are eliminated.

- Any and all hostile Third-Parties are eliminated.

- At least one member of the Town survives the game.

Abilities:

None - you are vanilla town.

-----

If you have any questions, ask me privately.

~ The Mafia are an XCOM SQUAD trying to kick the aliens back into space. They must eliminate the town and any hostile third-parties.

~ There may or may not be Third-Party factions in the game. This may take the form of serial killers or something else, but there is guaranteed to be no second mafia team or cult. They win by eliminating the town, mafia, and any other hostile third-parties.

~ There may or may not be Neutral factions in the game. Neutral parties have their own goals. They are not necessarily a threat to mafia, town, or third-party victories.

~ There may or may not be factions which do not exactly fit into any of the above categories.

~ You cannot brute force the game using a spreadsheet, mass role reveal, or your knowledge of the universe.

~ Character name and faction will be immediately revealed when a player dies, though any abilities will generally not be revealed.

Posting and Communication (READ THIS SECTION)

~ Posting is allowed during both the Day and Night phases. However, there will be locked periods around the deadlines where you will not be allowed to post. These will usually be short and are for me to get updates ready and stuff.

~ You are NOT allowed to post your Role PM in the thread. Do not reference it, explicitly or in a way that bends around the spirit of "don't discuss your Role PM." Do not speculate what is in someone's Role PM, do not refer to any wording or pictures in your Role PM, hell I'd prefer if you refrain from saying "Role PM" altogether. That's not what this game is about.

~ Private communication with other players is forbidden, unless I explicitly tell you otherwise. You cannot privately discuss the game with living players, dead players, or people who are not in the game. This includes private messages, QuickTopics, instant messaging, and so on. The only person you can talk to about the game privately is me, or your fellow players in a host-created QuickTopic I give you access to.

~ Do not edit your posts for any reason. If you edit a post containing a vote, that vote will be rendered invalid.

~ Do not quote any private communications or post any QuickTopic links in the public game thread. Do not directly quote anything I say to you in private (especially your Role PM and/or night results). Don't say "Zack told me my action failed," instead say "my action failed". The first is a rule break, the second is fine. This also applies to screenshots.

~ Unless I explicitly tell you otherwise, if you are dead do not post at all or thank any posts. On that note, I don't care if living players thank posts.

~ You are expected to vote each day, and post at least once each Day phase - more is preferred, but that is the absolute minimum. If you fail to meet those requirements, I reserve the right to remove you from the game immediately (via substitution or modkill).

~ Do not talk about substitutions or modkills in the thread. Don't speculate on it (whether or not it's happened), don't mention it at all. The extent you can acknowledge this is that it happened, e.g. "I thought Bob was town but his replacement rubs me the wrong way". Examples of rule breaks would be "I think Bob subbed out because blah" or "Bob should sub out".

~ Do not ask me any questions in the game thread, I will ignore them. Whether it is a genuine question, an attempt to angleshoot yourself clear or derpclear yourself, I don't give a shit, don't do it. Ask me in private and I will answer publicly or privately as appropriate.

~ Treat your fellow players with respect. Don't be a dick. This is, after all, a game people play for fun, with no actual consequences. You are allowed to criticize ideas and suggestions, but not the people behind those ideas and suggestions. Follow the forum rules.

I WILL HAVE A LOW TOLERANCE FOR ANYONE WHO BREAKS ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES.

READ CAREFULLY.

FOLLOW THE RULES.

Day and Night

~ Day is typically around 48 hours, and Night is usually about 24 hours. I won't deviate too much from this, and deadlines will usually be at 11:30 pm US Eastern time. Phases may be extended for whatever reason, but they will never end prematurely. My schedule is inconsistent, but I will do my best.

~ There are no abilities which affect deadline timing.

~ A timer showing the exact amount of time remaining in the phase will be provided at each phase update and with each posted tally.

~ Vote tallies will be posted throughout the Day as I am able. Players are free to make and post their own tallies (including novice's plugin), but I will not use them and they should be taken with a grain of salt. Do not intentionally post misleading tallies.

~ During the Day, players vote for each other (e.g. Vote: Zack). Vote tags are mandatory (Vote: < player >), a simple bolding will not suffice and I won't count it. Unvoting is not required - simply make a new vote. I don't care about color. Voting for No Lynch is allowed. Abstaining is not allowed at any time.

THE ABOVE IS VERY IMPORTANT!

~ There may or may not be abilities which can be used during the Day phase.

~ During the Night phase, players send in night actions if they have an ability which requires one. Night action feedback will be minimal, and you might not always receive a PM from me.

I think that covers it. If you have any questions, CTRL+F the rules first, then ask me (in private).

The game has now officially begun and you can start posting and voting.

Everyone has their PMs. The game has started. If you have any questions, PM me.

Read the rules.

Seriously, read the rules.

Remember to be civil and that this is a game -- don't be a jerk.

glgl and have fun

-------

It is now Day One.

Voting ends in:

-------

Living Players: 17

@Askthepizzaguy
    @autolycus
    @BSmith
    @Champ
    @crimson_snow
    @Csargo
    @Cuthillius
    @Dp101
    @El Barto
    @Fredwood
    @Jowy
    @Logic
    @Manasi
    @Montmorency
    @novice
    @Sooh
    @Winston Hughes

------

Dead Players: 0

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

Henlo xcom
    you stinky humans
    go get flanked, ugly

Member thankful for this post:

posting at night Name:  wowee.png
Views: 699
Size:  2.5 KB

Vote: Manasi

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Champ, hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

hi, are you going to betray me this time U FUK

csargo pls ily

OH SHIT WUDDUP

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Vote: Manasi
    Vote: Champ

y r u trying to be me champ

I thought Advent were the new XCOM.

Vote: No Lynch
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

hi, are you going to betray me this time U FUK

Members thankful for this post (2):

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Oh, Good Lord, people are already posting in pseudomonosyllabic style. I need a drink.

Also, the random number gods dictate that I vote:Fredwood. Let us get this thing started.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    y r u trying to be me champ
    I should think that not even Champ could have such low tastes. But his posts seem to prove me wrong.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Barto when will we ever be friends?

barto run

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I should think that not even Champ could have such low tastes. But his posts seem to prove me wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LQDO1kN.gif 
Views:	226 
Size:	458.4 KB 
ID:	19708  

Barto when will we ever be friends?
    When we are in the same faction, Manasi, darling.
    barto run
    Good God, Lemon Champ. What am I supposed to be running from? Improper use of spelling, punctuation and capitalisation?

When we are in the same faction, Manasi, darling.

Good God, Lemon Champ. What am I supposed to be running from? Improper use of spelling, punctuation and capitalisation?
    Are you claiming wolf, then?

Member thankful for this post:

Are you claiming wolf, then?
    As much as I would enjoy roleplaying as the leader of a faction determined to cast out aliens and their evil mind-slave armies from the good old U.S. of A., no.

You were a member of the mafia last game. That's put a bit of a damper on things. Sometimes slow is good.

As much as I would enjoy roleplaying as the leader of a faction determined to cast out aliens and their evil mind-slave armies from the good old U.S. of A., no.

You were a member of the mafia last game. That's put a bit of a damper on things. Sometimes slow is good.
    Sry for beating you.

Hi Monty. Care to chat?

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Hi everyone! How long do you all intend on spamming for this time/ when can we get down to business?

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Hi everyone! How long do you all intend on spamming for this time/ when can we get down to business?
    Wolf.

TIL there's a difference between third party and neutral.

Hi Monty. Care to chat?
    TIL there's a difference between third party and neutral.
    Are you claiming SK, then?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast