Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 81

Thread: Trump v Kim

  1. #1
    Mr Self Important Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,643
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Trump v Kim

    Trump declares Fire, Fury and Frankly Power against North Korea.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40869319

    RIP World.
    Last edited by Beskar; 08-08-2017 at 23:58.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  2. #2
    Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    12,779

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Eh, we'll never see it coming.

    Also, with how unstable North Korea is I don't think Trumps comments make a lot of practical difference.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."


  3. #3

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Evacuate to New Zealand, Western Europe, South America, Africa, or Mexico just in case.
    Wooooo!!!

  4. #4
    Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,812

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Trump declares Fire, Fury and Frankly Power against North Korea.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40869319

    RIP World.
    My theory on this rethoric: Kim called the Oval office and said that Hillary got a bigger share of the vote and that Obama's inauguration crowd was larger.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Or maybe Trump paid Kim to get Kim distract the US attention away from Trump's problems...
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 08-11-2017 at 03:44.
    Wooooo!!!

  6. #6
    Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Currently in Egypt
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Nations start to choose sides

    "If the US and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korea regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so," said an editorial in the state-run Global Times.

    "China should also make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten US soil first and the US retaliates, China will stay neutral," it wrote
    But others nations have been keen to choose a side. Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull told Melbourne radio station 3AW on Friday that Washington "has no stronger ally than Australia."
    "Let's be very clear about that. If there is an attack on the United States by North Korea, then the ANZUS treaty will be invoked and Australia will come to the aid of the United States," Turnbull said.
    One of my bigger worries with Trump has been that his failures as a diplomat would make us so distasteful and our allies mistrust our judgement that they won't take us at our word. If the US was clearly attacked I've no doubt that our allies would stand by us but if we chose to strike first I don't think too many of our allies would send more than tokens of solidarity aside from those in the field of fire (ROK and Japan). Given the US records with the Gulf of Tonkin incident and Powell's smoking gun before the UN I understand their skepticism but the Trump factor where he berates his allies and friends but even thanks Putin for reducing our staff at the Moscow Embassy does little to build coalitions.
    I understand the point some have that the ball can't be kicked down the road any further but if we were to strike first under this president it would be spun that we are no longer a force for maintaining relative political/economic stability in the world but the unhinged belligerent that can no longer be trusted with such a prominent place in the world.
    As I quoted above, China would stand by DPRK in that circumstance and perhaps judge this point in history as the time to confront us, while we're being led by a man who sees no use in the international order and no understanding of its complexities.
    Last edited by spmetla; 08-11-2017 at 08:21.

    "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

  7. #7
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Slack Man Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    10,751

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spmetla View Post
    Nations start to choose sides





    One of my bigger worries with Trump has been that his failures as a diplomat would make us so distasteful and our allies mistrust our judgement that they won't take us at our word. If the US was clearly attacked I've no doubt that our allies would stand by us but if we chose to strike first I don't think too many of our allies would send more than tokens of solidarity aside from those in the field of fire (ROK and Japan). Given the US records with the Gulf of Tonkin incident and Powell's smoking gun before the UN I understand their skepticism but the Trump factor where he berates his allies and friends but even thanks Putin for reducing our staff at the Moscow Embassy does little to build coalitions.
    I understand the point some have that the ball can't be kicked down the road any further but if we were to strike first under this president it would be spun that we are no longer a force for maintaining relative political/economic stability in the world but the unhinged belligerent that can no longer be trusted with such a prominent place in the world.
    As I quoted above, China would stand by DPRK in that circumstance and perhaps judge this point in history as the time to confront us, while we're being led by a man who sees no use in the international order and no understanding of its complexities.
    The "reducing staff thank you" was by way of being a joke. Trump told it with his usual (aka miserable) comic timing.

    The posturing and counter-posturing between leaders is exactly the kind of designed-for-image-camera-games drama that Trump enjoys.


    As to our allies finding us distasteful, Trump is only moderately more nauseating [he has a crassness to him] to many of them than would be any other US-definition-right-wing leader. What most of our allies want from the USA is a foreign policy that is a)consistent, b) non-aggressive, and c) based on international collegiality [Carter was, in many ways, their ideal US leader with Obama a reasonable alternative]. Anyone other approach makes them think "yahoo with no sense of how the world really works."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

  8. #8

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spmetla View Post
    Nations start to choose sides





    One of my bigger worries with Trump has been that his failures as a diplomat would make us so distasteful and our allies mistrust our judgement that they won't take us at our word. If the US was clearly attacked I've no doubt that our allies would stand by us but if we chose to strike first I don't think too many of our allies would send more than tokens of solidarity aside from those in the field of fire (ROK and Japan). Given the US records with the Gulf of Tonkin incident and Powell's smoking gun before the UN I understand their skepticism but the Trump factor where he berates his allies and friends but even thanks Putin for reducing our staff at the Moscow Embassy does little to build coalitions.
    I understand the point some have that the ball can't be kicked down the road any further but if we were to strike first under this president it would be spun that we are no longer a force for maintaining relative political/economic stability in the world but the unhinged belligerent that can no longer be trusted with such a prominent place in the world.
    As I quoted above, China would stand by DPRK in that circumstance and perhaps judge this point in history as the time to confront us, while we're being led by a man who sees no use in the international order and no understanding of its complexities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    The "reducing staff thank you" was by way of being a joke. Trump told it with his usual (aka miserable) comic timing.

    The posturing and counter-posturing between leaders is exactly the kind of designed-for-image-camera-games drama that Trump enjoys.


    As to our allies finding us distasteful, Trump is only moderately more nauseating [he has a crassness to him] to many of them than would be any other US-definition-right-wing leader. What most of our allies want from the USA is a foreign policy that is a)consistent, b) non-aggressive, and c) based on international collegiality [Carter was, in many ways, their ideal US leader with Obama a reasonable alternative]. Anyone other approach makes them think "yahoo with no sense of how the world really works."
    'Thank you to the industrious North Koreans for their assistance in my infrastructure plan to get construction booming again. It was a great deal, a tough deal, but now the economy is so big, Koreans are loving it, and they're paying US companies to do it!'

    I don't believe Trump is capable of parsing paradox. His capacity for "jokes" ends at one-sentence insults.

    Diplomacy isn't just public appearances, but private deliberations between those empowered to carry out policy. Coordinating contingencies between potential allies for the event of war now is probably unachievable beyond the Japan-ROK-USA military staff. For the political dimension with countries outside East Asia we will likely be relying on plans and promises established over the past generation, insensitive to the unique contemporary.
    Vitiate Man.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  9. #9
    Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Taplow, UK
    Posts
    8,148

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    There was no longstanding issue after North Korea sunk a South Korean warship and the shelling of civilians.

    The only thing Trump has ever followed through on is litigation.

    An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

  10. #10

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    There was no longstanding issue after North Korea sunk a South Korean warship and the shelling of civilians.

    The only thing Trump has ever followed through on is litigation.

    In 1968 North Korea captured a US Naval Intelligence craft and its 83-man crew. They held and tortured the crew for about a year. The crew were repatriated after the United States gave a formal apology and admission of culpability for the incident. This occurred a short period of time after DPRK special ops crossed the DMZ and killed a number of South Koreans attempting to assassinate the military dictator of South Korea.

    Today the spy ship they captured is a museum in Pyonggyang.

    North Korea usually has the upper hand in these matters, but from day to day now - we won't know which day until after the fact - we're coming to decide on what pur final commitment, if any, looks like.
    Vitiate Man.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  11. #11

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    This occurred a short period of time after DPRK special ops crossed the DMZ and killed a number of South Koreans attempting to assassinate the military dictator of South Korea.
    Edit: Sorry, I read that wrong. It seemed like you were saying that the South Koreans were attempting to assassinate the military dictator of South Korea, and that the North Koreans prevented this.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 08-12-2017 at 14:37.
    Wooooo!!!

  12. #12
    Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Posts
    4,306

    Default Re: Trump Thread


  13. #13
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,456

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Yeah, she's pretty cute, isn't she?

    I couldn't tell you where Lesotho is.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  14. #14
    Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Posts
    4,306

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Yeah, she's pretty cute, isn't she?

    I couldn't tell you where Lesotho is.
    Which isn't altogether very strange unless you have a very strong opinion on whether Germany should invade it.

  15. #15
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,456

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Which isn't altogether very strange unless you have a very strong opinion on whether Germany should invade it.
    75% thinking NK is a threat is not a strong opinion towards invading it just because one girl in the video says so.

    If the clip were representative, then 2/3rds of Americans would be women, all Americans would be under the age of 50 and walk around on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles California during a very limited timespan of a questionnaire.

    Or perhaps it's just a funny clip with cleavage.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  16. #16

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    This format is only good for dumb comedy. The least you can do to make it worthwhile, as attempted by channels like Asian Boss or that japanese man yuta, is to interview individuals on a single topic with some depth.
    Vitiate Man.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  17. #17
    Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Posts
    4,306

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Of course it is comedy.

    For a more serious study. I remember a similar survey with similar results about Syria.

    There is something frightening in the knowledge that the less people know about an issue, the more likely they are to favour forceful solutions.
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 08-14-2017 at 20:26.

  18. #18
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,456

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    This format is only good for dumb comedy.
    Hey, that sounds very condescending. Laughing is an important activity that can enrich your life, okay?!?!


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  19. #19

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Analyst finds that new class of Norker ICBMs possibly driven by engines or engine technology associated with Soviet missile designs and historically produced in a Dnipro(-petrovsk), Ukraine factory. Appearance of new (for North Korea) technology may be relevant to the rapidity of advances in their program and missile capabilities seen over the past year.

    Let's go through a range of explanations.

    A. Nork agents stole the tech during the post-revolutionary chaos of 2014 Ukraine. They had tried to do it before, unsuccessfully. The fruits were finally unveiled to the world as an ace-in-sleeve over the past year.

    B. The Ukrainian government would not compromise its standing with America and the world to supply North Korea with missile tech or components (for what in return), and anyway would find it difficult to accomplish without Russian connivance or permission.
    1. Personal corruption at work in the struggling Yuzhmash factory, tech or components sold to Chinese intermediaries for money or assets.
    2. Treason, if Russian authorities were involved.

    C. Russia has the tech, they have the components, so they materially aided Kim. From Russia, to Uncle Sam, with love.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 08-14-2017 at 21:18.
    Vitiate Man.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  20. #20
    The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in the cloud.
    Posts
    9,006

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    For a more serious study.
    I think the results might surprise some:

    "What drives these differences? Simple partisanship is one possibility. On average, Republicans – and Republican men in particular – were more likely to correctly locate North Korea than Democratic men. And Republicans were more likely to be in favor of almost all the diplomatic solutions posed by the researchers. (Women tended to find North Korea at similar rates, regardless of party.)"

    Unfortunately, North Korea is a problem with no good solutions- they're all quite terrible.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 08-15-2017 at 02:08.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

    Members thankful for this post (4):



  21. #21
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Slack Man Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    10,751

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    I think the results might surprise some:

    "What drives these differences? Simple partisanship is one possibility. On average, Republicans – and Republican men in particular – were more likely to correctly locate North Korea than Democratic men. And Republicans were more likely to be in favor of almost all the diplomatic solutions posed by the researchers. (Women tended to find North Korea at similar rates, regardless of party.)"

    Unfortunately, North Korea is a problem with no good solutions- they're all quite terrible.
    Though my personal darkside advocates the use of North Korea for a 100 or so neutron weapon ground bursts. This would kick up enough particulate to reverse global warming for a few years and allow us to scale up the technologies needed for better geothermal and solar platforms. Fortunately, I don't listen to my darkside much.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

  22. #22
    Ni dieu ni maître! Senior Member a completely inoffensive name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I live on the org, feeding off of what few thanks are tossed at my posts. It is up to you to make sure I don't starve.
    Posts
    8,278
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Such a nuclear exchange would also severely impact crop yields worldwide and cause destabilizing famines in the poorest regions. If you thought the Syrian refugee crisis was big...
    In all these papers we see a love of honest work, an aversion to shams, a caution in the enunciation of conclusions, a distrust of rash generalizations and speculations based on uncertain premises. He was never anxious to add one more guess on doubtful matters in the hope of hitting the truth, or what might pass as such for a time, but was always ready to take infinite pains in the most careful testing of every theory. With these qualities was united a modesty which forbade the pushing of his own claims and desired no reputation except the unsought tribute of competent judges.

  23. #23
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,119
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    It also wont happen.

    The north korean stockpile is primarily conventional plane bombs. The icbms, even assuming they have minuturized nukes at this point to put on them, are primitive compared to the US and russia's modern ones with likely worthless interception countermeasures.

    Anything the NK launches will be shot down by either the US airforce or THAAD

    Not that any of this matters for the immediate future; Kim blinked.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-15-2017 at 08:19.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  24. #24
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,456

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Not that any of this matters for the immediate future; Kim blinked.
    That's a great picture in the link, looks like someone drew a straight line on a map between NK and Guam, then wrote a few lines about it and that's KJU getting briefed on Guam attack plans.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  25. #25
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,119
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    It's the hats that do it for me, I imagine each officer has an aide who follows them around witth a bicycle pump.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Member thankful for this post:



  26. #26
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Analyst finds that new class of Norker ICBMs possibly driven by engines or engine technology associated with Soviet missile designs and historically produced in a Dnipro(-petrovsk), Ukraine factory. Appearance of new (for North Korea) technology may be relevant to the rapidity of advances in their program and missile capabilities seen over the past year.

    Let's go through a range of explanations.

    A. Nork agents stole the tech during the post-revolutionary chaos of 2014 Ukraine. They had tried to do it before, unsuccessfully. The fruits were finally unveiled to the world as an ace-in-sleeve over the past year.

    B. The Ukrainian government would not compromise its standing with America and the world to supply North Korea with missile tech or components (for what in return), and anyway would find it difficult to accomplish without Russian connivance or permission.
    1. Personal corruption at work in the struggling Yuzhmash factory, tech or components sold to Chinese intermediaries for money or assets.
    2. Treason, if Russian authorities were involved.

    C. Russia has the tech, they have the components, so they materially aided Kim. From Russia, to Uncle Sam, with love.
    https://frontnews.eu/news/en/10820
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

  27. #27
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    3,706

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Why do I keep spawning double posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

  28. #28

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Wooooo!!!

  29. #29
    Member Member Greyblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,119
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Oh good, it turns out we've let them make enough regular nukes that they can afford to waste a few on a bluff or they've just developed a nuke powerful enough that strapping it to a submarine and detonating it in the LA harbour is now worth the effort.

    I'm sure the best response is yet another round of sanctions!

    The fruits of three decades of idiocy and goddamned cowardice.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 09-03-2017 at 20:34.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  30. #30
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Slack Man Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    10,751

    Default Re: Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Oh good, it turns out we've let them make enough regular nukes that they can afford to waste a few on a bluff or they've just developed a nuke powerful enough that strapping it to a submarine and detonating it in the LA harbour is now worth the effort.

    I'm sure the best response is yet another round of sanctions!

    The fruits of three decades of idiocy and goddamned cowardice.
    Nobody has been willing to pay the blood price to stop them 'blades. We just keep hoping they'll implode.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO