Thread: Rebel Faction Bribing

Default Rebel Faction Bribing

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if it is the money script pumping cash into the Rebel Faction or a decreased bribe cost in general relative to vanilla? I am having 6+ ring loyalty generals (with all trained agents attached to the army) being bribed left and right in my current campaign. My faction leader also has decent Authority. I am not sure if there are other mechanics that are taken into effect for bribe cost.

Would there be a relatively simple way for me to increase the bribe cost ratio for a specific faction or across the board? It is possible to overcome the bribes of course, but it increases micromanagement significantly late game and ruins some RPG elements, in my experience.

I have been justifying it as "civil wars" but it's just too often an occurrence.

Thanks,
    skuzzy
    I'm Batman!

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Default Re: Rebel Faction Bribing

That sounds weird. I thought the rebel faction technically couldn't bribe anything? Haven't experienced that myself so far, except with the KH starting diplomat on turn one, which is actually worse than it sounds.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Well, actually, I don't know which faction is responsible for the bribes but the units turn Rebel. Do bribed units become factional units from the faction bribed?

Does anyone know the equation for these values? Would this be the best place to modify bribe costs?

.\Medieval II\mods\ebii\data\descr_campaign_db.xml

<bribery>
    <bribe_to_family_tree bool="false"/>
    <base_character_chance float="0.4"/>
    <religion_modifier float="0.66"/>
    <combined_attribute_modifier float="0.2"/>
    <briber_attribute_divisor float="3.0"/>
    <bribee_attribute_divisor float="3.0"/>
    <army_size_modifier float="0.035"/>
    <base_settlement_chance float="0.8"/>
    <settlement_loyalty_modifier float="0.01"/>
    <settlement_population_modifier float="0.0001"/>
    <faction_standing_divisor float="10.0"/>
    <max_bribe_chance float="100.0"/>
    <min_bribe_chance float="1.0"/>
    <bribe_chance_modifier float="1.0"/>
    </bribery>
    I'm Batman!

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

It's not bribery, so the cash infusion to the rebels should make no difference. There's been some discussion on this, and the consensus was that you should be able to limit the effect by grouping FMs and/or adding agents (diplomat/spy/assassin) to the stack. I'm very surprised to hear that you are doing this and STILL seeing defections. Nobody else has reported that.

To adjust revolt frequency for FMs:

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's random for low-Loyalty characters. I must admit in all the time I've played the game, I've never had it happen to me.

You'd have to edit the descr_campaign_db, under <revolt> change this:

Code:
    <max_revolt_chance float = "50.0"/>
    As usual, not savegame compatible.
    For captain-led armies its:

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Uh, that's for FMs, I thought you were talking about them. Captain revolts are a different one:

Code:
    <captain_modifier float = "0.01"/>
    It's already a tiny proportion. I'm not sure what happens if you make it 0.00 that might revert to the default setting for vanilla, so you might be better off making it 0.000000000001 or something.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Hi Kull,

Thanks for the info, I did not realize it was disloyalty desertion. Before tampering with script I can attempt to see if there is desertion reduction for multiple FMs per stack but lategame that becomes a little bit more difficult given the stack to FM ratio.

If that fails I will alter the values and see where it takes me.

Is there an in-game way to increase FM loyalty other than only putting Unselfish/Optimistic characters in the field?

Appreciate it,
    skuzzy
    Last edited by skuzzy; 08-24-2017 at 18:22.
    I'm Batman!

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
    Hi Kull,

Thanks for the info, I did not realize it was disloyalty desertion. Before tampering with script I can attempt to see if there is desertion reduction for multiple FMs per stack but lategame that becomes a little bit more difficult given the stack to FM ratio.

If that fails I will alter the values and see where it takes me.

Is there an in-game way to increase FM loyalty other than only putting Unselfish/Optimistic characters in the field?

Appreciate it,
    skuzzy
    We've actually been doing a lot of work to improve the loyalty mechanism, which you'll see (hopefully soon) when v2.3 is released. In the interim, one of the primary ways to improve loyalty is for your Faction Leader to do all things necessary to boost his authority, as low authority FL's don't inspire much loyalty (not surprising)
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Member thankful for this post:

skuzzy