Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Ship Mafia III [Concluded]

Default Re: Pirate Ship Mafia III

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    10 gold is a earnest prize for any pirate. Also a well paying job would become available, seems rather positive undertaking, or maybe you guys just have to pay off Pizza, but would that create a worrying precedent?
    Are you saying this because I got you mutinied or because you actually think I'm scum. Be honest now.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would anyone who still actually wants to find the French and kill them before they kill us shoot me a PM? I'm getting really damn tired of this ridiculous nonsense.

Member thankful for this post:

Zack 

I be always ready to get rid of French scum!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Are you saying this because I got you mutinied or because you actually think I'm scum. Be honest now.
    Im just sitting here at the bottom of the sea with my saggy popcorn. Watching how events unfold.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Would anyone who still actually wants to find the French and kill them before they kill us shoot me a PM? I'm getting really damn tired of this ridiculous nonsense.
    Careful now cap'n, keep talking like that and I might start to like you.

As much as I love talking about myself, we're going to get nowhere productive with it.

Now yell at me all you like for this - but this is extremely important to answer - anyone who has been roleblocked besides myself and Xiahou please claim immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Careful now cap'n, keep talking like that and I might start to like you.
    It's all an act, don't believe his lies.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    10 gold is a earnest prize for any pirate. Also a well paying job would become available, seems rather positive undertaking, or maybe you guys just have to pay off Pizza, but would that create a worrying precedent?
    Maybe, but there are reasonable and unreasonable demands. Say for example everyone demanded 3 gold from me or else they'd all lynch me. Now, technically I can carry that out over a long period of time, but it's kind of self-defeating.

If folks make unreasonable demands, they should be vigged or lynched off. Seems fair. Otherwise what's the point of playing in a game where you can bribe and accept bribes?

I'm off for a while. TTY later folks.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm going off for the weekend soonish and won't be around as much. I don't know, if GH will clarify anything or not, but it remains that I am a sturdy Able Seaman and everyone here now knows, what I did the last two nights.

Which is more than I can say of other people here. That's why I'll be voting Lissa again.
    I only be seein votes and no talkin in the thread. You be French?

The rest have fun and don't make me pay three gold to ATPG.

Unvote

I need everyone to answer that question I asked about the roleblocking - it is of sincere urgency.

Has anyone been roleblocked here besides myself and Xiahou at any stage?
    You/some people already know this but I was blocked n1.

I don't buy xiahou's 199 vs 200 gold thing based on his reaction to the whole thing.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Closed pending cleanup.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Open.

I strongly recommend that everyone re-familiarize themselves with the
    Gameroom rules before they leave me with pages of profanity and unpleasant behavior to clean up overnight even though I specifically asked them not to do this a short while ago.

If you need to vent your frustrations about the game's progress, I am a convenient and neutral sounding board who would be happy to hear about it in private. But keep it OUT of the thread.

Now, I know I'm supposed to be resolving a question involving @Ituralde and gold totals, but I'm not exactly certain what I need to be clearing up. If anybody could summarize the question I need to be answering, I'd be very grateful.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

This was my post on the matter:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053660660

The rules part would be here:

When actively performing at night, in your orders PM you must send me the exact specifics: What you are doing, the name of every person who is doing it with you, and who you are doing it to. If there is miscommunication and the orders do not match up, they will not be executed. Not only will this deprive you of treasure, but it may also put you at risk of public exposure or dying! Beware!
    But now you Double A - and also Csargo in a PM - tell me that it doesn't matter who I mention in my order PM. As long as three people happen to send in the order: I protect Andres no matter who ther co-protectors are. All three people receive the 10 gold? This directly contradicts the bolded part above, where it says they will not be executed.

Good gracious this be a talkative lot. Would some kind soul (asking a lot I know) summarize the various cases that have been presented this morning? This pirate still needs his morning coffee.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Okay, so basically there's a lot more leeway in how I resolve orders if they're not seriously tested - i.e. the target isn't attacked.

Let's say you're Person A. You send in an order that says Persons A, B, and C protect Person X. If Person X isn't attacked that night, then you assume by all accounts that the protection would have been successful and you then take your gold and go on your merry way.

If your order is Persons A, B, and C protect X but Person C goes off and does something different, and X isn't attacked, same thing, because your protection was never "proven wrong", of sorts. The same thing if you send in the usual order and Person C goes off but Person D subs in for the protection.

However, if Person X *is* attacked, that's when things change. If your group isn't of minimum strength, or if you got the orders wrong (say, you never accounted for Person D stepping in to help protect in your PM), then the orders didn't match up and they would fail.

So in other words, people sending in protection orders will always blissfully assume that their orders turned out right and would have succeeded... unless their target is attacked. Then, we see just how well-coordinated they truly are.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Thank you for the clarification. This means the bolded part is only handled in such a strict manner, when there is an actual attack.
    You didn't specifically mention the gold rewards.

In your second scenario the blissfully assuming Persons A and B are actually reinforced by receiving 10 gold.
    And they would receive 7 gold, if they had mentioned a fourth person?

Blog Entries

Had they mentioned a fourth, yes - because that's the reward they assume they'd get.

That be interestin. This makes untested protections a good source of gold then, but it also makes it easier for French scum to hide in one.
    I be keepin this in mind then, goin forward.

Alright, back to business.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

As I mentioned earlier - Csargo's reaction to Ituralde's PM makes me inclined to view him as innocent. Similarly, Ituralde PMing Csargo his thanks for the successful protection would seem to be sincere. Call me naive, but the fact that Ituralde has only just now had the mechanic explained suggests that he was not deliberately trying to fool Csargo at the outset. That would be a major double-bluff.

Our fearless leaders appear to have conducted themselves well so far. I'll admit this makes me uncertain of my next vote...

Three people I would like to hear from are: Ice, autolycus and TheFlax...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

What exactly is the case against Visor? I don't get it. Are people just mad that they've been targeted by failed vig attacks, and blame it on visor?

I guess we have our answer why Xiahou didn't want to reveal his gold - because revealing he really had 199 gold after so vehemently defending against the preposterous claim he had 200 gold would look silly.

Visor 

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    To be clear, I don't even think he's French. I'm doing this purely to incite chaos and have fun. Ha!
    I don't care about the French!

I only want gold!

I only want chaos and "fun"!

Insinuating I am not town is a personal insult to my character and I will not only rant and rave about the injustice of it all, but also put a bounty on your hard for it!

Everyone else is "boring" for not playing the exact same way as me and you should feel ashamed!

Visor 

To be fair, an inconsistency like that might lead me to dig my heels in some even though it was fairly insignificant in scale.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Sorry GH. I'll tone it down.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Three people I would like to hear from are: Ice, autolycus and TheFlax...
    I'd add landlubber to that as well. He's been awfully quite after being the lynch runner-up.

I think there's good reason to suspect Ice... but is there a WOG mechanic in this game? If so, his inactivity should take care of him anyhow. I wouldn't waste time lynching him yet.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Why would he not just say the exact amount of gold he got, if he knew the exact amount xiahou had? That's really odd imo. Not to mention the fact that the amount he has is within the realm of possibility. I don't see the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Unvote:, Vote: Abstain

At this point I'm assuming anyone who is parroting this idiotic line is just doing so out of ignorance.

Nobody received a PM or an order from myself, NJ or AA last night (well, 99% sure on NJ and AAs parts) or any night.

I did not say to anyone hey you need to target x with these players or anything. They only time I have come close to organising targets is the first night where I told everyone in no uncertain terms - I want to kill lurkers/people who don't post - I've already explained why we targeted ATPG over Ice and spaceman certainly fit the bill D1. I asked these people hey do you want to kill people, specifically lurkers. And they all said yes.

I did basically nothing last night in terms of organising except to organise one group of people who wanted to do a similar action. I didn't tell them you need to hit x target or whatever, I just said a,b,c,,d you guys all want to do something that I can see there is your group, as they were making seemingly no attempt to find a group.

There are no orders - we're not Kages captaincy, remember.
    So did you not have Ironside killed or attempt to?
    Last edited by Csargo; 10-02-2015 at 18:03.

Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast