Thread: Conquered cities and towns

Member Member Cincinnatus Johnson's Avatar
    Burke, Virginia, United States of America

Default Conquered cities and towns

Greetings,
    I've been playing a Romani campaign (2.2r) for a few weeks now and I've got a few gameplay questions.
    1) As I look over the possible construction options for my Romani cities and towns I see the Annon Mercatoria (Grain dole). It enables a "+-1 for local production/farming income" and "Income or expense of +- 100". I don't understand how providing a grain dole for the residents of that town will give either a positive OR negative to production or income. Can someone please clarify how that works? It would make more sense to me if it indicated that it cost me -100 mnai per turn OR I lost local production by -1 each turn because I am giving that grain away for free each turn (but public order is up by 10% because the people are getting fed).

2) I've recently conquered Felsina & Patava and I am considering what to do with the existing native structures. What do you all do with a captured city's pre-existing structures? Some of them you can't destroy (like walls and farms) so obviously they stay as they are. But when it comes to structures like 'small industry' (saton uexos) and 'small sanctuary to Kernunni' (Lagionematon Kernunni) they can be destroyed. Do you leave them in place or do you destroy them and replace them with your faction's equivalent structure? I have been leaving native structures in place if they provided trade good bonuses or income but I have been replacing native spiritual/cultural structures with Roman temples to increase cultural conversion to Romani culture. How do you handle captured towns and cities?
    Thanks for reading.
    - CJ
    Last edited by Cincinnatus Johnson; 10-01-2017 at 10:57. Reason: Sloppy first post.

Member thankful for this post:

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Conquered cities and towns

The game can't display negative properties for those building capabilities; whenever it says "+-" it actually means "-".

There are no negative effects of having "foreign" buildings in a settlement, that's an RTW mechanic that wasn't adopted in M2TW. If they're providing a benefit, leave them be. The exception is other faction's colony buildings, which not only give you no units, but may prevent you building colonies of your own.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Members thankful for this post (2):

Member Member Cincinnatus Johnson's Avatar
    Burke, Virginia, United States of America

Default Re: Conquered cities and towns

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The game can't display negative properties for those building capabilities; whenever it says "+-" it actually means "-".

There are no negative effects of having "foreign" buildings in a settlement, that's an RTW mechanic that wasn't adopted in M2TW. If they're providing a benefit, leave them be. The exception is other faction's colony buildings, which not only give you no units, but may prevent you building colonies of your own.
    Quintus,
    Thank you. That clears it up.
    - CJ

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk