Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Re: Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Vote: Choxorn
    This late in the day, an OMGUS vote looks really lazy.

Vote: Champ
    Aliases Yakostovian

Yeah...I've got nothing. Champ's being weirdly recalcitrant, but at least he's posting. Kagemusha has just one the one drive-by Choxorn pressure vote and Double A has nil. I don't think it's a given that lurkers are less likely to be scum when the thread overall is so quiet.

Vote: Double A, but I'll be back before deadline in case anything comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    On the one hand, the reasoning is sound: don't reward non-participants. But on the other hand, a no-poster is much more likely to be a vanilla than a wolf, in my experience.
    Their alignment doesn't really matter.

Vote: Double A

Unfortunately.

I can't read you people on so few posts. Please post more?

@Montmorency

Can we post at night or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by nl. View Post
    @Montmorency

Can we post at night or nah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    5. If you die, you may continue to post for 12 hours.

6. Do not communicate in the thread during the night phase unless you were the lynch (Rule #5 applies).
    Apparently not.

We'll talk it out post-game.

15 minutes to EOD
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    On the one hand, the reasoning is sound: don't reward non-participants. But on the other hand, a no-poster is much more likely to be a vanilla than a wolf, in my experience.
    It is Double A, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Vote: Choxorn
    vote: Champ
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I get Champ is being Champ, but at least he is posting. We can lynch him tomorrow if he doesnt start doing anything. AA has done nothing.

Lynch AA first.

3__Double A - nl., Fenn, Sooh
    3__Champ - Choxorn, Logic, Barto

If there is a tie at EOD, sudden death applies.
    Vitiate Man.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

So we're in sudden death mode now? Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Whichever of Champ and AA gets first will live. Now that's a reward for activity if I ever saw one.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

At this rate it might be next week before we hit Day 2.

(and the crowd goes mild).

@DoubleA @Champ

Where are you? It's up to you to stay alive.

Actually, that should've been @Double A.

Oh, that's it. vote: Double A. *is off to university, expects an update for when he returns*

PHASE OVER

DOUBLE A IS LYNCHED

Voting has ended. Do not post while I resolve the lynch.

Final Tally

4__Double A - nl., Fenn, Sooh, Barto
    2__Champ - Choxorn, Logic,
    1__Choxorn - Champ
    1__No Vote - Double A
    1__Choxorn (Invalid) - Kagemusha

Votes:

Fenn >>> Logic
    nl. >>> Double A
    Barto >>> Choxorn
    Sooh >>> nl.
    Choxorn >>> Champ
    Logic > Fenn
    Barto >>> Sooh
    nl. >>> Logic
    -----
    Kagemusha >>> Choxorn (invalid)
    nl. >>> Double A
    -----
    Champ >>> Choxorn
    Logic >>> Champ
    Fenn >>> Double A
    Sooh >>> Double A
    Barto >>> Champ

Barto >>> Double A[SUDDEN DEATH]
    Vitiate Man.

End of Day 1

The destination is located in the imposing and heavily guarded complex of the Tower of London.
    The guards vehemently refuse the entry of the inauspicious group, until you mention that Master Montmorency wants you to duck around the place as a field trip...
    Why did that succeed?

Having mobbed the Board of Ordnance for a few hours, your gaggle is chased away by angry men with rods.
    Conspicuously, a pair of the apprentices, the old ones, seem to be folding up papers with information copied from the office's ledger-books. That can't be right, can it?

With experience from your previous life as a docks urchin, you lead the others to the Wharves, where the longshoreman are plied to entertain your questions about the iron shipment.
    Eventually you manage to locate a promising quay, and some bundled sacks.

"I wonder if that's the goods what the Master lady wants a report on", someone pipes up.

One of the mature men saunters up to the most reserved apprentice - Double A - and claps his shoulder.

"Boy, wee naught knowe if even zis be they irown we looking four. Vhy daun't yuo fill up zees baks, see vhat really in is zhem?"*

The man smoothly shuffles backward into the crowd, and Double A shrugs. A few other voices urge him on.

"But wait!" one protests. "Only Champ is equipped to show us the way. He's a champ!"

"Yeah lol I could do it, but that's not a good reason to ask me. I'm not sure about this whole business either way." His nonchalance and good cheer confound you all.

Double A...

"Oi, you laggards make way out of the docks!"

That's some salty sailor. For some reason, you all decided to take a nap right on the wharf and have been impeding traffic.

"Too right my good man." El Barto demands that Champ get up and take care of things.

Everyone stares at Barto.

"God's bowels, get on with it!" Barto forces Double A onto his feet.
    He dizzily reaches out to catch his balance and gets a good handful of the questionable material. It seems quite solid through the fabric. Double A opens his mouth...

"MIO CONTRATTO! NO TOUCH-E!!!"*

Half a dozen burly Italian haulers spring out as though from nowhere and surround the hapless Double A, beating him to a bloody pulp. After the rage of the moment has abated, they pull back.
    Double A twitches his hand in your direction, crumpled as he is on the ground.
    He's alive!

Unfortunately, one of the Italians grabs him by the legs and swings him out into the filthy Thames. Double A doesn't have the strength left to fight it. Also, he can't swim.

Double A has drowned.

He was

An innocent young apprentice.

It's such a tragedy, you all agree to get back to the Master immediately.

"What's that, you lost one? Useless bunch... And you - ", Montmorency points at the man who goaded Double A into insulting the Italians. "Why have you got all that paperwork on you?"
    Snatching the copies of Ordnance data, she glances over it and snaps "This I can use. I don't know why or how you have this, but I can use it.
    Good work man, uh... if you're a grown man who can read and write, why have you elected to come under my tutelage?
    "
    Sputtering, the foreigner and his associate grab at the documents. The Master slaps them down for their trouble. They sulk away to a corner and whisper darkly...

*This is terrible. I'm sorry.

-------

It is now Night One.

Mafia submit kill orders. Night ends in:

DAY 2 WILL BE 48 HOURS

-------

Living Players: 8

1. @Kagemusha
    2. @El Barto
    3. @Choxorn
    4. @Sooh
    5. @Logic
    6. Double A
    7. @nl. (Visor)
    8. @Champ
    9. @Fenn

------

Dead Players: 1

D1 - Double A
    Vitiate Man.

Day 2

Everyone is feeling very tired today. Master Montmorency's arthritis is creeping up. You mope here and there throughout the building. Are we all down with the sickness? Kids and their plagues...

Logic hasn't got up yet.

The Master summons her apprentices.
    "Seeing as we're all in the doldrums, and city too, today we just do the usual thing one does when homestuck with lethargy: fart around and be miserable until we feel like doing something else.
    And yeah, looks like Logic shall not be rising henceforth. Summon the corpse-wagons sometime."

Logic has died.

He was

An innocent young apprentice.

-------

It is now Day Two.

@Logic, you can talk for 12 hours from this time.

Vote for a lynch. Day ends in:

-------

Living Players: 7

1. @Kagemusha
    2. @El Barto
    3. @Choxorn
    4. @Sooh
    5. Logic
    6. Double A
    7. @nl. (Visor)
    8. @Champ
    9. @Fenn

------

Dead Players: 2

D1 - Double A
    N1 - Logic
    Last edited by Montmorency; 11-10-2017 at 06:53.
    Vitiate Man.

Rip Logic.

Vote: Sooh

Spinning my wheels a bit but got a mild shifty feeling from Sooh with the talking about giving reads stuff after I said it.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do when the only guy who was posting with me died n1.

I like El Barto a little more for being willing to break the tie despite the decent chance of hitting villager. Gotta wonder what Champ and Double A were doing for ~22 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I like El Barto a little more for being willing to break the tie despite the decent chance of hitting villager. Gotta wonder what Champ and Double A were doing for ~22 hours.
    Playing video games.

I could lynch Champ I guess and just pray we get it right in f5 somehow.

Hey, we still have 48 hours to get better ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Hey, we still have 48 hours to get better ideas.
    Worked so well last time. :P

vote:Champ - I see no reason to change it this time around.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

That was unexpected.

Monty, if you would be so kind and appease my OCD, format the dead list so the strikethrough of names is consistent, that would be much appreciated.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Also, my alarm goes off 15 minutes before my ability to speak expires, and I am off to bed. I doubt I can provide any insight prior to my time is up, so I hope you catch the s.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by nl. View Post
    Rip Logic.

Vote: Sooh

Spinning my wheels a bit but got a mild shifty feeling from Sooh with the talking about giving reads stuff after I said it.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do when the only guy who was posting with me died n1.
    So you're saying that I wouldn't ask for reads unless you said it first? It's impossible that a townie would think to say that after somebody has said it first? Yeah, totally shifty.

I find the lack of posting and content so discouraging. When people don't post, there's nothing to do. It doesn't even really feel like a mafia game, or I guess the guessing aspect of the game is amped up to 200 with the lack of posts.

Yeah I don't know what to do when there's hardly any posting, other than throw around accusations. But that at least would be better than nothing:

Vote: Kagemusha

Said the best we could do was discuss, voting Choxorn to prompt him for a reason for his Champ vote...then disappeared for the rest of the day, ending with his vote off-wagon. Not the only person to vanish into the ether, but I would have expected a little more out of him.

So, Sooh, could you post some content? :)

I'm still partial to a Champ lynch. Fenn has made a point about Kagemusha which could be a good reason to vote for him (a second is that he's stopped upvoting me suddenly).

Anybody else?

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    So, Sooh, could you post some content? :)

I'm still partial to a Champ lynch. Fenn has made a point about Kagemusha which could be a good reason to vote for him (a second is that he's stopped upvoting me suddenly).

Anybody else?
    I basically agree with all of this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast