Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

vote: Sooh. Choxorn wouldn't have pressed for a Kage lynch.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

It's either you or Sooh, and right now I'm leaning Sooh.

Vote: Sooh

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

No defence, Sooh-chan?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

PHASE OVER

SOOH IS LYNCHED

Voting has ended. Do not post while I resolve the lynch.

Final Tally

2_Sooh (Barto, Choxorn)
    1_No Vote (Sooh)

Votes:

Barto >>> Sooh
    Choxorn >>> Sooh
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

End of Day 4

Fenn's death has galvanized the survivors. Master Montmorency makes a forceful return, with a blunderbuss in hand.

"Unlocked and primed", she warns. "One of you came here doing the Devil's handiwork, and shall die for it." She levels the barrel at the Frenchman.

But El Barto confidently fingers Sooh, wagging his finger up and down, back and forth.

Choxorn signals approbation.

Sooh lies comatose in a pile of rags and straw.

That doesn't seem right, but Montmorency shrugs.

"Death to Perfidy and Evil!" *BLAM!*

Sooh is dead!

She was

An innocent young apprentice.

But living in an era before safety was invented, it turns out that having unsecured gunpowder lying, just everywhere, stocked here and there throughout the establishment - is bad.

Sparks from the gun-blast ignite the gunpowder. Tons of it. Chain reaction.

*BLAM!*

El Barto is dead!

He was

An innocent young apprentice.

Choxorn is dead!

He was

A French spy.

The sizeable explosion devastates a whole city block, killing dozens instantly and leaving hundreds wounded, missing, and/or homeless.

As the neighborhood tries to manage the chaos and suffering, the rest of the City doesn't care. They have their own portion of suffering.

The Plague is in London.

Though the foreign saboteurs did not survive their mission, they more or less accomplished their goal in ironic fashion.
    It's not clear if they caused or facilitated the spread of this outbreak. Maybe it was the damn dirty Italians.

Or the Dutch. They employ half the Italians anyway. We should have another war with those dodkins.

MAFIA VICTORY

The next day, amidst the clinging ash and clearing smoke a hand bursts through the rubble of shops and townhouses, scattering about the lodgement.

"I'll be back, or whatever."

-------

Living Players: 0

1. @Kagemusha
    2. @El Barto
    3. @Choxorn

4. @Sooh
    5. @Logic
    6. @Double A
    7. @nl. (Visor)
    8. @Champ
    9. @Fenn

------

Dead Players: 9

D1 - Double A
    N1 - Logic
    D2 - Champ
    N2 - nl. (Visor)
    D3 - Kagemusha
    N3 - Fenn
    D4 - Sooh
    D4 - El Barto
    D3 - Choxorn

Thanks for playing, and congratulations to Choxorn and Kagemusha. I'll post a few thoughts and questions about the game starting a little later.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 11-16-2017 at 01:15.
    Vitiate Man.

Rough game. Thanks for hosting monty, sorry for all the inactives.

GG all.

Well, that one was one of my least satisfying victories ever. I was barely even doing anything and that was still more than my inactive teammate and half the town.

On my vote for Kagemusha yesterday- I voted him at first because it seemed like everyone else was going to and I figured I might as well get on the train and bus him. Then Fenn and Barto started going after Sooh as well, and my original plan was to last-minute switch, lynch Sooh, and end the game then and there, but I was busy around the deadline and forgot to come online. Not like it mattered- I got totally unintentional bussing cred from that, all that really happened was that the game pointlessly continued another day.

I think the timing of the game was bad, in combination with the setup (mini vanilla). It took a long time to get running because of GH's hiatus and general board inactivity, and by the time it did I suppose some of the potentially most active players (Kage and Sooh) pretty much dropped out.

Because of the inactivity I couldn't enforce rules well. Non-voting and Barto's instance of night-talk incurred no penalty, and Kage and Choxorn were scum, so.... In fact, the N1 Logic kill was randomized because I never received orders; terrible situation even if you have replacements in the wing, which I did not.

I believed, since the Org revival began attracting high-posters, that a core of 'super-poster' players could by the centrifugal force of their activity bring up the average post count in general, and induce participation. I figured that this was how games sustained explosions of activity in the first half. Seeing Visor attempt to jump in swinging fizzle out on D1, I'm not so sure anymore.

Still confirmed that writeups are not my strong suit. Some of them were overly mean to the players or on-the-nose; I apologize. Frequent typos, formatting and other sloppiness as well. I should have just used BB centering, rather than indents that look horrible on mobile. Etc.

I would like to discuss the rules, namely:

1. Sudden death. Worked terribly for this game's size and activity.
    2. No night-talk and 12 hour dead-talk. In this game these settings were irrelevant, but the idea going in was to emphasize the roles of the newly-dead in the thread. Clearly time-locking means nothing if the player is not active or has nothing to say, but I wonder if it's a worthless concept in itself.
    3. Player PMs, for a little fun on the side. Unless I'm wrong and someone had communications, it seems like the PM system remains something no one feels the need to use; probably superfluous for very small games anyway.

Here's the QT. There's no activity of note.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 11-16-2017 at 04:24.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Because of the inactivity I couldn't enforce rules well. Non-voting and Barto's instance of night-talk incurred no penalty, and Kage and Choxorn were scum, so.... In fact, the N1 Logic kill was randomized because I never received orders; terrible situation even if you have replacements in the wing, which I did not.
    Kage was inactive, and like I said in the QT and in my last post, I was often busy around the deadline, and I just completely forgot to send in an order that night.

Hard to be activity when one of the two scums vanishes immediately after the start of the game.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Sorry for not joining this one, just had too much academic stress beforehand and during for me to consider it.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

My kill was Random? That explains it! There was no way I was first priority death with my showing day 1.

Great job Kage and Chox: you weren't on my radar. I was convinced it was Sooh most of the game.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    Well, that one was one of my least satisfying victories ever. I was barely even doing anything and that was still more than my inactive teammate and half the town.
    I didn't have it in me to try and nag everyone into doing something. I tried, at least, but I'm not the best at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn
    On my vote for Kagemusha yesterday- I voted him at first because it seemed like everyone else was going to and I figured I might as well get on the train and bus him. Then Fenn and Barto started going after Sooh as well, and my original plan was to last-minute switch, lynch Sooh, and end the game then and there, but I was busy around the deadline and forgot to come online. Not like it mattered- I got totally unintentional bussing cred from that, all that really happened was that the game pointlessly continued another day.
    It was a comedy of blunders: I intended to switch back to Kagemusha in the last five minutes before EOD (and hopefully fish out who really was Kage's partner) but things happen and I came back to see that Monty had already ended the phase. Fenn had changed his vote and you never got the time to backstab us so we lucked out.

And Kagemusha should upvote this post.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Sorry for not joining this one, just had too much academic stress beforehand and during for me to consider it.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I think the timing of the game was bad, in combination with the setup (mini vanilla). It took a long time to get running because of GH's hiatus and general board inactivity, and by the time it did I suppose some of the potentially most active players (Kage and Sooh) pretty much dropped out.

I believed, since the Org revival began attracting high-posters, that a core of 'super-poster' players could by the centrifugal force of their activity bring up the average post count in general, and induce participation. I figured that this was how games sustained explosions of activity in the first half. Seeing Visor attempt to jump in swinging fizzle out on D1, I'm not so sure anymore.

Still confirmed that writeups are not my strong suit. Some of them were overly mean to the players or on-the-nose; I apologize. Frequent typos, formatting and other sloppiness as well. I should have just used BB centering, rather than indents that look horrible on mobile. Etc.

2. No night-talk and 12 hour dead-talk. In this game these settings were irrelevant, but the idea going in was to emphasize the roles of the newly-dead in the thread. Clearly time-locking means nothing if the player is not active or has nothing to say, but I wonder if it's a worthless concept in itself.
    3. Player PMs, for a little fun on the side. Unless I'm wrong and someone had communications, it seems like the PM system remains something no one feels the need to use; probably superfluous for very small games anyway.

Sudden Death is always sort of weird. You have to have some way to break ties.

The 12 hour dead thing is interesting, but unless the dead have useful information it's just going to be random townie opinion, etc. If they had a role and could talk about that then that would be useful to the town, but then that sort of screws with mafia.

PMs are entirely based on the game, Capo/Pirate Ship where communication privately is key to doing something, otherwise there's no point to PM instead of posting in thread imo. There has to be incentive/reason to use the PM system, which I don't think this game had anything like that, but I could be mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Dead Players: 9

D1 - Double A
    N1 - Logic
    D2 - Champ
    N2 - nl. (Visor)
    D3 - Kagemusha
    N3 - Fenn
    D4 - Sooh
    D4 - El Barto
    D3 - Choxorn
    Hey, if Choxorn died D3 then we actually won. Go town!

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Hey, if Choxorn died D3 then we actually won. Go town!
    No, all the good guys died, then the bad guys died too because.

Here's the Role PM:

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    You are French (Choxorn) and Spanish (Kage) spies, respectively, sent to London to kill English apprentices toward long-term industrial sabotage.

You are not technically working together, but as allies of convenience for this mission you are effectively a team.

Use this Quicktopic to communicate.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo
    The 12 hour dead thing is interesting, but unless the dead have useful information it's just going to be random townie opinion, etc. If they had a role and could talk about that then that would be useful to the town, but then that sort of screws with mafia.
    See the various discussions here, but my thought was to balance any potential desire by dead townies to make an impact with the momentum of the Mafia through its kill/lynch scheme.

But this can only have meaning if dead players (to say nothing of the rest of the game) are active.
    Vitiate Man.

Think the setup is fine, just really dependent on the players who sign up. Timing might've been bad though, yeah, people seemed to want a bit of a break.

Ouch. Did you consider making it a no kill because no submission?

I think Barto and Fenn and so on could be a part of that, its just when so much of the thread otherwise is so inactive there isn't much to do. You really can't do much with half of the game missing.

Writeups seemed fine to me.

Moreso the activity I think.

Maybe allow them to talk for the whole next day phase?

Some thoughts in here.

Really I think this game was just a victim of (as you say) bad timing and then a playerlist of inactivity. You replace kage with zack, double a with gh, etc and suddenly you get a much more active game.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by The artist formerly known as Visorslash View Post
    I think Barto and Fenn and so on could be a part of that, its just when so much of the thread otherwise is so inactive there isn't much to do. You really can't do much with half of the game missing.
    What is thy bidding, my master?

Sorry for dropping the ball on this. The game was so inactive it was demotivating to me, and then I was all of a sudden in a mash, so I forgot this game existed and contributed a lot to the inactivity myself.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456