Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

Default Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

GUNSMITH MAFIA

It is 17th-century London and the lucrative gunsmithing industry is booming. A group of prospective apprentices has been acknowledged by the Guild management,
    and you now stand among them before a stocky, rough-skinned old woman in her domain.
    Running the family business since her widowing, she sells off her product local when she isn't getting a pound-per-musket on her Crown contract.

"Ho there, lads and lasses! If you're here, then you must have been assigned to my tutelage by that Worshipful Company of Gunmakers. Call me Master Montmorency.
    I'm here to teach you the craft, meaning I own your skins for the next 7 years! Anyone feeling afflicted by doubt may leave immediately, never to work in this town again.
    "

No one moves.

"Good. Think of the next few weeks as an orientation, where we weed out the weak and talentless. I still own you though, so if you drop out you still gotta pay me that satisfaction."

One boy raises his hand. "Master, will you handle the food and board? I'm already hungry and tired and I've no money."

Master Montmorency drops him with a knee.

"We'll have none of this jejunery! Do I look like your marm or your maid? You have to work for your keep here, and you lot's first order of the day can be to fix our supper.
    Once we conclude, I can think about scheduling all your beatings. And don't make me give you too many beatings, lest you tax my fortitude and slow down the smithing work - which calls for more beatings.
    It's a vicious cycle.
    "

The master is already exiting the storefront, but at the threshold to the workshop she abruptly turns,

"By the way, I ought let you kids know that this town's crawling with French and Spanish spies, and there's nothing they'd like so much as to disable English arms production.
    All us Masters have Lvl 99 Shooting skills and the special notice of the constables, but you might well be smothered like defenseless babes in the crib.
    Next to gunpowder accidents and the plague, we lose more promising gunmakers like that. And pub stabbings, and street stabbings, and the flux. Work-life balance burnout. Absconsion to the New World.
    Well, I'm sure it's happened. Must be why the Crown is shifting production to the blasted Midlands, fewer foreigners... If it warranted a guess, my eyes would linger on the swarthy middle-aged fellows in this group -
    but officially, the Guild practices non-discrimination on the basis of age (good for me!), so keep that to yourselves.
    "

"Now get to doing the chores or whatever. "

She's gone.

You're alone now...

Game Setup

This is a vanilla "mini" mafia game calling for 7 (1 Mafia) or 9 (2 Mafia) players. I may or may not introduce some mechanical tweaks if it's 9 players.
    Phases are 24-24 hours set around 7:00 PM ET , except for D1, which is 48 hours.
    Standard lynch (no hammer). Ties at deadline are ended by sudden death (i.e. first tie-breaking vote counts). Alignment reveal on death.
    Town wins when all threats to town have been eliminated. Mafia wins when they reach parity with town.

Game authorized by Beskar.

Rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Vote a player each day, e.g. Vote: Visorslash. Vote: No Lynch is allowed. Vote: Abstain is not allowed. Unvoting is noted, but not required. Stick to this format. Nicknames are acceptable as long as they are not obscure.

2. Living players may PM each other if they like. CC the host.

3. You may not post screenshots of or directly quote your role PM or mod communication. You may discuss real or invented conversations between players. This need not apply to our game as there are no roles outside Mafia.

4. You may not delete posts in the game thread for any reason at any time. You may make modest edits within 2 minutes of posting. The primary aim is to avoid votes or EOD posts (-1 hour) being modified, so for any edited post with a vote the vote is considered invalid. Keep that in mind. (Montmorency, keep that in mind.)

5. If you die, you may continue to post for 12 hours.

6. Do not communicate in the thread during the night phase unless you were the lynch (Rule #5 applies).

7. You may ask me privately to be spoiled upon death, after the 12-hour period.

8. Going a day-phase without speaking and voting puts one at risk of replacement. PM me if you cannot continue to participate. Do not discuss the nature of substitutions.

9. You are expected to behave civilly. Follow Gameroom and Org rules.

Signups:

1. Kagemusha
    2. El Barto
    3. Choxorn
    4. Sooh
    5. Logic
    6. Double A
    7. nl. (Visor)
    8. Fenn
    9. Champ

Replacements/Substitutes:

Thread Milestones:

D1 -
    N1 -
    Last edited by Montmorency; 11-06-2017 at 00:46.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Default Re: Gunsmith Mafia (Monty Mafia #1)

In.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I'd love to, but I'm in too many games right now. If this doesn't fill by the time I'm out of the other games I might join :)

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

File me under replacement, or to fill in a minimum number of players.
    Aliases Yakostovian

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

a) I am in.
    b) is there an actual gunsmith role in the game?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    b) is there an actual gunsmith role in the game?
    Funny, but no.
    Vitiate Man.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I am still in anyway. (and yes, kage, you can continue to give me likes. But it doesn't mean I won't suspect you.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

lol I'm fine with being replacement :D

I'll try Mentioning everyone I can think of :

From last game

Somewhat-recent players

Invisible for however long

The game is planned to begin by November 1, or with signups filled as early as October 30. 7 PM ET, per the OP.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 10-29-2017 at 02:57.
    Vitiate Man.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Sure, I'll join

You can take me off replacements and into the game if you wish. I'm out of my other games now.

I will need a couple more people to start tomorrow (or at all).

@Zack
    @Dp101
    @nl.
    Vitiate Man.

Do you want me to post announcements on CFC?

(yes, Kage, you can upvote this post as well)

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Do you want me to post announcements on CFC?

(yes, Kage, you can upvote this post as well)
    Yes, thank you. 3 people within 24 hours would be ideal, for a Thursday start.
    Vitiate Man.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

If you only get 2, I'm in.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Yes, thank you. 3 people within 24 hours would be ideal, for a Thursday start.
    OK.

(again, I have no problem with Kage upvoting this post)

@GeneralHankerchief this one needs some advertising and maybe also a player.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Full commit to in, as my other game has ended. A victory reveal is still pending. :/

I shall try to recruit from that game, and see if we can get some more players.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Members thankful for this post (2):

@Kagemusha
    @El Barto
    @Choxorn
    @Sooh
    @Logic

Regardless of numbers, the game is set to begin on Sunday, November 5, at 7 PM ET. With 5 players I will reduce day length to 24 hours, though even if we fill out I will consider a 48-hour D1 with subsequent 24-hour days. Is that a problem?
    Last edited by Montmorency; 11-03-2017 at 17:16.
    Vitiate Man.

@Kagemusha
    @El Barto
    @Choxorn
    @Sooh
    @Logic

Regardless of numbers, the game is set to begin on Sunday, November 5, at 7 PM ET. With 5 players I will reduce day length to 24 hours, though even if we fill out I will consider a 48-hour D1 with subsequent 24-hour days. Is that a problem?
    No problems on my end.
    Aliases Yakostovian

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm down to join. If you still need a 7th I could find someone.

@Kagemusha
    @El Barto
    @Choxorn
    @Sooh
    @Logic

No problemo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I'm down to join. If you still need a 7th I could find someone.
    Advertise in your game!

(Kage remains authorised to upvote this post)

Can't have ya first game not fill. I'll play.

Well, it's got the proper sized group, but I'll stick to opening on Sunday now that I've said it.
    Vitiate Man.

I think I have time now for some mafia. I Don't suppose there's room for one more?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I think I have time now for some mafia. I Don't suppose there's room for one more?
    Sure. If we can get a ninth player, we'll reach our ceiling.
    Vitiate Man.

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

Sure

Dammit, I didn't remember to start a double login.

Well, it's got the proper size
    That's what she said! (c'mon, you knew you had that one coming)

Kage should also upvote this post.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Fine by me, but with 1am-1am days, you'll know approximately how much I'll be able to be around.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast