Thread: Repeated crashing after battles.

Default Repeated crashing after battles.

Thanks for the latest version! I'm pretty sure I have followed the correct install ( such as changing the exe s to run as administrator) , but admit I am technically challenged.

I am experiencing repeated crashing after my first one or two battles. I have the full logs , but not sure how to post. Below is typical:

Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction f_casse (bdg city vs clt large_city)
    15:48:54.030 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 31656, column 3

16:35:48.199 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_set_experience>, at line 46835, in mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_set_experience': invalid unit label 'Eu38'.

Default Re: Repeated crashing after battles.

I had the same problem. To solve it, I
    1. deleted the map.rwm file (for me found in: "C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii\data\world\maps\base")
    2. set the kingdom.exe to be LargeAdressAware
    3. start EBii
    4. start a campaign and wait. This may take a long time and DON'T click the mouse or hit the keyboard during that time.
    5. Now EBii should work without the experienced problems.

Read https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ore-posting%21 for further information.

Many thanks for the prompt and comprehensive reply. Will try that straight away.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

None of those are real errors, they're just regular processing. You have a memory shortage, caused by the default limitation to 2GB of RAM. Get Large Address Aware or another 4GB patch to resolve it.

Also set your kingdoms.exe to run as Administrator and possibly use Window 7 emulation as well.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Applied the recommended fixes and so far so good. Thank you!