Thread: New guys

Default New guys

Is the "new guys" faction supposed to be able to be destroyed? Just got a faction destroyed message.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: New guys

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Is the "new guys" faction supposed to be able to be destroyed? Just got a faction destroyed message.
    Yes, they're a faction. Factions can be destroyed.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Oh okay, I was worried it was a bug or something. It's the first time that's happened. Who are they? Are they like rebels or something?

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Oh okay, I was worried it was a bug or something. It's the first time that's happened. Who are they? Are they like rebels or something?
    It's an undisclosed faction. Or rather, a faction slot reserved for a faction that's planned for a future release. Dont know when or if it will materialize though.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    It's an undisclosed faction. Or rather, a faction slot reserved for a faction that's planned for a future release. Dont know when or if it will materialize though.
    It will be in 2.4; our plan is to have all the faction slots determined by then.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

That's awesome! I didn't know there were going to be anymore factions. Are there any hints as to who they are?

That's awesome! I didn't know there were going to be anymore factions. Are there any hints as to who they are?
    I doubt anyone from the team will drop any hints, but as a player, I found that there are some clues to be found on the campaign map. I think areas with large gaps between existing factions are more likely to get a new one. That's why I don't think it'll be a Middle Eastern or Caucasian one; Adurbadegan used to be a fan favourite, but it's wedged between two factions with very little wiggle room. Kartli is also popular, but I can't really see that happening either. And Anatolia is already overcrowded with factions. I'm not really convinced of the possibility of another steppe faction either.
    Also, the re-shuffling of provinces between EB I and II is telling. Iberia already has three factions and the provinces are arrayed in a manner that isn't really conducive to adding new ones. Germania has actually lost a few provinces and there isn't really enough in the way of sources to support more meaningful local factions anyway. Same goes for Britain. Ethiopia and Nubia, alas, are too close to the edge of the map. Libya lost two provinces, which means Kyrene is very unlikely to be in. Greece is anonther unlikely location, as aside from having lost provinces, there are already so many Hellenistic factions. Gaul, OTOH, seems to have gotten more provinces...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    IMO the most likely candidate is a Belgae tribe (Bellovaci?), and the second most likely the Scordisci or an Illyrian faction.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2

Robo 

Yeah I was thinking somewhere in the balkans maybe? They did say that the area was being reworked. We shall see. The Belgae would be cool too. I'd love to see northern Europe get some more love with Lugians, Sweboz fleshed out more.

All of the Balkans has been rewritten recruitment-wise, because a big chunk of the map is being redone. It was only the first step; Anatolia has since been done, working on Caucasus right now, then Syria/Iran and the western Steppe.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    All of the Balkans has been rewritten recruitment-wise, because a big chunk of the map is being redone. It was only the first step; Anatolia has since been done, working on Caucasus right now, then Syria/Iran and the western Steppe.
    Does that apply to physical geography only or to province borders as well? Sounds like a hell of a lot of work either way.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Does that apply to physical geography only or to province borders as well? Sounds like a hell of a lot of work either way.
    Neither, just recruitment. But yes, it's still a big job since all of those concerned are multiplying from simplistic pools covering multiple provinces, often down to one pool per province, or at most pairs/trios of provinces with similar recruitment.