Thread: (!) WATCH: >> Rome Total War Campaign Multiplayer Mod << (!)

Exclamation (!) WATCH: >> Rome Total War Campaign Multiplayer Mod << (!)

Hi,

I made a campaign multiplayer mod for ROME - Total War!

i have tested it out and it works perfectly in LAN or over Internet!

Try it out:

Greets,
    ARMA

P.S.: Feel free to duplicate this mod or copy it on other pages. I will update it from time to time on this and the other page above!

Default Re: (!) WATCH: >> Rome Total War Campaign Multiplayer Mod << (!)

Does this just load the savegames in turn, or acctually allows for real-time turn-based gameplay?
    Last edited by RedFox; 05-02-2008 at 16:32.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox20
    Does this just load the savegames in turn, or acctually allows for real-time turn-based gameplay?
    this loads savegames in turn, but you can watch the current player in real time!
    so its not boring to wait until your turn...

just try it out!

greets,
    arma

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Sounds great ARMA, my multiplayer mod relies on a lot of player cooperation which you seem to have automated.

How does it work exactly? My mind is thinking of the possibility of having player v player battles...

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Sounds great ARMA, my multiplayer mod relies on a lot of player cooperation which you seem to have automated.

How does it work exactly? My mind is thinking of the possibility of having player v player battles...
    Hi,

it works this way:

the server application is only a communication, filetransfer and savegame server, where the clients could connect with an IP adress. before the game starts, the clients insert the scripts into the rome "script" folder.

the advisor is modded, so you have better instructions, how to activate the script...

you have also the possibility to watch the other player while he is on turn, cause the client will take a screenshot from the game. so its not boring to wait until your turn and you can watch the battles of the current player in real time.

you can watch more program features from the linked site above.

player vs. player battles are not possible at the moment. sorry... but if you have any idea how to make this great feature possible: tell me, and i'll integrate it!

greets,
    arma

So the mod uses my script? I was hoping you had found some way of monitoring mouse clicks and automating the running of the script. If not then never mind the player v player battles idea, it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    So the mod uses my script? I was hoping you had found some way of monitoring mouse clicks and automating the running of the script. If not then never mind the player v player battles idea, it won't work.
    Monitoring MouseClicks!
    Hell yeah! Thats a very good idea!

Hi all Sorry bother you like this but the link posted for the mod is not working what i mean is
    that the twcenter is having server problems and like for somebody to post or direct me to place to download this mod.:help :www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2968735

I believe the TWC server problems are resolved now.

Yes the problems are now solved thanks I got the file and now need help with enabling the script or can someone instruct me on how to start the game I two with one disc to use when I try to start the game nothing happens Maybe I should install the MultiCampign in the Rome folder.
    Thought For the day; Is it time all the time in the center of the Earth

Angry Re: (!) WATCH: >> Rome Total War Campaign Multiplayer Mod << (!)

hello, I want to know how i other people can find I can not even find mn own brother just lay out how it works to get online

mvg alysns

player vs. player battles are not possible at the moment. sorry... but if you have any idea how to make this great feature possible: tell me, and i'll integrate it!

greets,
    arma[/QUOTE]

Just an idea, could you hypothetically have a mirror multiplayer custom battle army for each army in game, then have it so when player v player battles occur, transfer to that screen where two armies would be in the custom battle setup, then you would prob have to create a custom battle terrain situation and have it coded to the region where the armies are located, (germanic forest for battles in germania) and if the season would be winter, set up in the custom battle for winter. Then players would enter the custom battle and at the end of it, you could hypothetically have some sort of thing where units lost in the custom battle would then effect auto-resolve, ie: set it instead for taking into account the numbers and stuff that auto-resolve normally does, it would auto-resolve depending on the outcome of the custom battle that just occurred, it would probably be laggy since the game would have to keep the normal game running, open itself and create a custom battle automatically based off of in-campaign units, season, and region, and then make a battle. Also to make the game recognize the other player as non ai, so as to not have a custom battle occur every time you select auto-resolve, code it so as if a player selects a faction in the initial campaign creation screen, it would categorize that as a second type of ai in which clicking auto-resolve would be the only option and it would instead of auto-resolving, launch a "quick battle" based of of the in game armies, and then depending on the result of the battle, cause the auto-resolve to do something. The one trick would be linking the data from a quick/custom battle and a separate campaign together because I'm guessing they are stored and run in game in completely separate files. I barely code anything, so I'm not an expert, maybe this is not possible at all for some obvious reason I'm missing, but either way, I hope this is useful because I would love to see a pvp multiplayer campaign mod for total war.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: (!) WATCH: >> Rome Total War Campaign Multiplayer Mod << (!)

Hello PTD, welcome to the .Org .

I'm afraid that the creator of this project has not logged in for 8 years now, so he probably didn't pursue this. The problem is that we cannot code anything for R:TW. The core programming of the game (and almost any other game, for that matter) is beyond modding. I believe the above mod uses a script to allow for faction and player swapping, but you can't integrate custom battles that way. I also don't think there is any way to "export" the outcome of the custom battle to the campaign map.

It's a pity, since a MP campaign would be a great addition to the game.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Your ideas are great

It's a pity that this idea isn't relevant now - I just got to know this game, I would be interested to try this mode.