Thread: So game of the year for ya

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default So game of the year for ya

Have to go with Divine Divinity 2, a real oldschool rpg that's kinda rare. It's really great. Get it.

Of course Zelda: Breath of the Wild, needs no explanation why, it's just as great as everybody says. Really epic adventuring goodness with truly awesome combat that could humble even the Souls series in difficulty at times.

Switch version of Doom, it's just insane to play Doom on a handheld, could have been better though but it's Doom so shut up

Default Re: So game of the year for ya

I think of the full new games from this year, I got only two:

Steel Division: Normandy 44
    and
    Assassin's Creed: Origins.

They're both nice but the latter might surprisingly be a bit better, although a direct comparison between an RTS and an action game is a bit odd.
    Other than those I think I bought mostly DLCs and/or older games and collected hours in Stellaris and Transport Fever.

I had some hopes for SpellForce 3 but the beta demo wasn't very convincing and the release was apparently very buggy. Love the graphics and world design, but that's no use if the game isn't convincing. Mostly because the three factions are too samey for me and I wouldn't expect a lot of different gameplay unless you're the min-maxer type who gives every man individual orders.

Can anyone comment on Forza 7? The lootbox stuff and the fact that I rarely play racing games even though I kinda like them made me step back from a sale there.
    Last edited by Husar; 12-18-2017 at 01:34.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Forza is a good game, don't have it myself. I hope these microtransactions are a thing of the past after EA's fiasco with Battlefront 2, glad to see they took it too far and lost a lot of money because of it. Pay2win in a multiplayer-shooter, kthxbye. EA used to be so good

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    EA used to be so good
    Back when the "A" meant "Arts" instead of "Assets".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500px-Electronic-arts-wee-see-farther.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	20350
    This space intentionally left blank

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Does it have to be a game that came out this year or just the game I played the most? Probably got the most time out of Mount & Blade Warband. Specifically the World of Ice and Fire. Would love a release date for Bannerlord though.

One day...
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Loving Table Top Simulator at the moment.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Apparently AC Origins is getting a lot of praise. Which is very good for the franchise overall.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Like all Assasins Creed games the world is very well made, but it falls apart as a game it's just not fun to play. You ought to be very vulnerable in a stealth-game but there is almost no consequence whatsoever you can always easily kill everything. I would love it if they made it better because so much care went into the setting. Fantastic mood, poor game. The curse of open-world games I guess, it must be really hard to make them. Breath of the Wild is a bit of a masterpiece when it comes to open-world gameplay, nothing comes close really, it deserves all the praise it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Like all Assasins Creed games the world is very well made, but it falls apart as a game it's just not fun to play. You ought to be very vulnerable in a stealth-game but there is almost no consequence whatsoever you can always easily kill everything.
    I wouldn't say always, there were a some instances where even the non-boss enemies with shields got me quite bad or killed me. If you engage with too many and they have archers, you can get killed quite quickly. Overall the fighting isn't too hard though, but I also play on Normal difficulty. The sneaking is fun though.

Then again I haven't played anything from the series since the first one. I bought the second and got the third and fourth for free from the UbiSoft specials but haven't really played any of them yet.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu