Thread: Placing ships

Default Placing ships

MTW will not let me post ships in certain areas of the ocean, therefore I cannot conquer the whole world. I am playing as the saxons.
    Last edited by twopoolesinapod; 12-27-2017 at 04:31.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Placing ships

Quote Originally Posted by twopoolesinapod View Post
    MTW will not let me post ships in certain areas of the ocean, therefore I cannot conquer the whole world. I am playing as the saxons.
    Hello twopooles, welcome to the .Org !

I assume you are talking about the Viking Invasion expansion: in that setting, only the Vikings have ships that can cross the North Sea. Every other faction has coastal ships only. This is to prevent people from knocking out the Vikings early. Fortunately, you don't need to take the Viking lands to win the campaign. Only the British Isles need to be conquered.

There is a way to get the Viking homelands, but it is a bit cheesy. While you cannot send armies overseas, you can send agents. By sending an emissary or bishop, you can bribe the Viking garrison and take their lands that way.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Placing ships

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Hello twopooles, welcome to the .Org !

I assume you are talking about the Viking Invasion expansion: in that setting, only the Vikings have ships that can cross the North Sea. Every other faction has coastal ships only. This is to prevent people from knocking out the Vikings early. Fortunately, you don't need to take the Viking lands to win the campaign. Only the British Isles need to be conquered.

There is a way to get the Viking homelands, but it is a bit cheesy. While you cannot send armies overseas, you can send agents. By sending an emissary or bishop, you can bribe the Viking garrison and take their lands that way.
    Thank you, it is the viking campaign. I have conquered everything that isn't out of reach, I kept going when I reached 2/3. But the game doesn't end. I'd like find out what the game does when you win.

Never mind, there was one more land for me to conquer.

New question, is it good to marry foriegn princesses? What are the consequences?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Placing ships

Quote Originally Posted by twopoolesinapod View Post
    New question, is it good to marry foriegn princesses? What are the consequences?
    It's usually beneficial to marry ASAP. Besides gaining an alliance with the princess' father, your king/heir will now be able to produce heirs. That's more important than you may think, as it usually takes a while before they marry of their own volition, and even longer before they start procreating. It's not unknown (though not common) to lose the game because your line died out due to lack of mature heirs.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

It's usually beneficial to marry ASAP. Besides gaining an alliance with the princess' father, your king/heir will now be able to produce heirs.
    Sometimes the alliance doesn't follow the marriage. Can't find out when it does and when it doesn't. By the way, Muslim faction heirs marry automatically when they come to the throne.

It's not unknown (though not common) to lose the game because your line died out due to lack of mature heirs.
    Happened to me a couple of times. The first was in my very first campaign as Turks. The most hurting was in my French High campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Sometimes the alliance doesn't follow the marriage. Can't find out when it does and when it doesn't. By the way, Muslim faction heirs marry automatically when they come to the throne.

Sometimes there's a clash between alliances if you or your in-laws are at war with each other's allies. But the usual case when an alliance isn't formed is when another power requests your princess in marriage. This seems not to forge an alliance for some reason
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4