Thread: Is the Programme helping me?

Default Is the Programme helping me?

So I decided to leave my Gaulish hero riding off into the sunset (or sunrise) for a few days and chose: Scythia (Those guys in Orange).

Defeated Thrace quite easily and went after Macedon.

Take Bylazora and find there is a temple to Artemis (which gives +2 missile).

Now anyone who has played Scythia knows that the whole campaign is pretty well built around missile troops (maybe some 'standard' cavalry to hack of the Romans, but that is a few turns ahead) - so what could be better than +2 missile?

Take Larissa - another temple to Artemis - now my cup is running over.

Take Thessalonica - a LARGE temple to Artemis - giving +3 missile.

Now obviously that doesn't make the range attack QUITE as good as Foresters in Gaul - but you can make them in 1 turn and have the same range.

So the question is: Has the programme been helping me, is this the standard Macedonian temples or is this coincidence?

Default Re: Is the Programme helping me?

Quote Originally Posted by weejonnie View Post

So the question is: Has the programme been helping me, is this the standard Macedonian temples or is this coincidence?
    Depends. Yes, Artemis does give a missile bonus, and yes, it is that good. Actually, a Macedonian Pentheion to Zeus gives a bonus to missile troops as well, enough to get you to gold sword on your missile troops (I believe it is only going to do that with help from a foundry, which would give +2 to missile troops). You can usually find multiple temples to Artemis in Macedon's empire. Here it is. I am compiling an Excel file of the temples, and a Pentheion to Zeus give +2 to missiles.

However, I have had a campaign (Seleucia, I believe) where Macedon did not build a single religious building to Artemis. I was not happy about that, since I rely on that for my missile troops. Fortunately with Seleucia missile troops are not a major part of your military.

Doesn't Scythia (it might be Dacia) give a +1 to armour with one of their temples? Of course Gaul has Abnoba for your missiles and Teutatis for your light weapons. Armenia also has a max temple that improves armour.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Has the programme been helping me, is this the standard Macedonian temples or is this coincidence?
    Temple building by the AI is random. I'm not sure how difficulty setting affects that, if at all

I am compiling an Excel file of the temples
    There is already an Excel file for that, but perhaps yours will be better...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=107
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 01-04-2018 at 13:20.
    High Plains Drifter

Maybe it isn't helping me - having dispatched two large Brutii stacks, one medium and one small (on the same turn) - a full Scipii stack has arrived outside Thermon (Greek held). Southern Greece is VERY crowded at the moment.

(The Scipii took Thermon which suited me fine as I could retake it without declaring war on the Greek Cities. Macedon then lost their large stack when they beseiged it and I relieved the seige,)

Not to mention 3 large stacks of Julii coming down from Patavium
    Last edited by weejonnie; 01-05-2018 at 13:21.