Thread: Replays

Member Member Hermann the Lombard's Avatar

I had never bothered to look at any of the few replays that I have saved. The first one I looked at was interesting (comparing what I remembered to what actually happened), though there was a fairly long wait before my army appeared, and a slightly longer wait before it moved. But the second replay...

I let it run for several minutes at the fastest speed slider setting, and my army never moved, the battle never began. The only thing I could figure was that perhaps the replay records time spent in pause (a horrible thought, since I sometimes leave a battle paused overnight).
    I have a mind like a steel sieve.

Blah and assorted comments Member Foreign Devil's Avatar

The replays, in my experience, do not record the time spent while paused. They do, however, record the time spent before you hit the "begin battle" button. I learned this the hard way- before this one battle that I fought, I left it on the screen that has the begin button while I did something else. It turned out to be a really great battle, and i saved the replay. But when I went back and looked at it, it took forever for my army to appear. Now, I get battles started as soon as possible and then pause them, in case I feel like saving the replay.

You can also see in the replay if you change your initial formation, or if you choose to wait one or more days.

Member Member Hermann the Lombard's Avatar

FD:

Thx

--HtL
    I have a mind like a steel sieve.