Thread: Is there a simple steam install?

Default Is there a simple steam install?

Hi I know its a longshot but is there a way to install Europa Barbarorum II without moving the medieval 2 folder outside of the steam folder and what not, like can I just add in a file with the Mod in it change it to one of the Kingdoms file names and just play that way?

I love the look of the mod and just really want to play it

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Is there a simple steam install?

No, there isn't. Steam clearly wasn't designed with total conversion mods in mind, we give you that long set of instructions because we've learned by bitter experience what is necessary to get a working game.

If you're running Windows 10, it's even more important that you move the game, it's especially sensitive to a long path.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrion View Post
    Hi I know its a longshot but is there a way to install Europa Barbarorum II without moving the medieval 2 folder outside of the steam folder and what not, like can I just add in a file with the Mod in it change it to one of the Kingdoms file names and just play that way?

I love the look of the mod and just really want to play it
    I recommend changing your Steam installation path for M2TW to a directory with a shorter path (as mentioned by Quintus). For example, mine is:

Code:
    C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    I recommend changing your Steam installation path for M2TW to a directory with a shorter path (as mentioned by Quintus). For example, mine is:

Code:
    C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War
    I'd go shorter than that, even, every character counts in Win 10, for example:

C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\M2TW
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR