Thread: Desert Kingdoms Culture Pack

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Desert Kingdoms Culture Pack

Empires of Sand, for R2TW!

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Default Re: Desert Kingdoms Culture Pack

Well thats a nice surprise
    I thought they were done with Rome2 adding the Empire Divided Campaign & Patch.

Bunch of factions that have been fairly sorely missing so far, will help fill out the South edge of the map.

Also Kush roster https://www.totalwar.com/blog/kush-roster-reveal

Edit: and according to https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...esert-kingdoms
    we're getting a Free Female Leaders upgrade
    Female Leaders – Free LC

Following in Zenobia’s footsteps, Cleopatra and Teuta are now fully playable as faction leaders and generals, along with custom visuals and voice-over.
    Important female characters have been added to all campaigns and across all factions. In some cultures, like Rome and Greek – women can only serve a social/political role while in other women can be generals and fight alongside men.
    For cultures where women can’t hold public offices there is a special “Cursus Honorum” path that follows the increase in “behind-the-stage” political influence of women.
    There are special events (dilemmas) that portray the trials and tribulations associated with women coming to power in ancient times. Usually, there are traditions and prejudice standing in the way. Such events allow the player to recruit a female leader or gain some other bonuses from parties that would oppose such a decision.
    Faction leaders of opposite gender can now marry as a diplomatic action, significantly strengthening the relations between the two factions.
    The basic marriage action now has political implications.
    Last edited by hoom; 02-22-2018 at 05:39.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

It's basically Empires of Sand, and given that this was well received for A:TW, it made sense to do it for R2TW as well. Empire Divided didn't get a proper reception from the fans so they're making amends with some requested factions.

+ an upgrade too.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

So its out, anyone played the factions?

I like the idea of playing Nabatea, though the idea of going out conquering with them seems odd since they weren't known for military expansion
    Also not sure I like the idea of starting out wedged between powerful Seleukid & Ptolemies
    I guess main plan would be to expand South, secure Arabia & then cross over into Southern Nile/Persia

Patchnotes (& hotfix today) https://www.totalwar.com/blog/desert...ms-patch-notes
    Whole lot of nice bits of gameplay/quality of life improvement there
    Feels like a bunch of what should have been in the earlier patch.

Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that so many of the female characters are sequels?
    Like Ptolemies have Berenice III, Cleopatra II & Berenice IV, like shouldn't there be Berenice I & II as well?

Edit: So I've been doing some reading & Nabataeans did do a fair bit of fighting, defeating Successors & Judean forces a number of times, apparently did some piracy in the Red Sea (smacked down by Ptolomies) and did expand quite a bit bigger than I'd previously understood.
    Last edited by hoom; 03-21-2018 at 18:28.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...