Thread: EB custom battle unit card order

Default EB custom battle unit card order

Hello guys!

I wonder if there is a way to change the order of the units' card in custom battles when you have to select your army composition.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB custom battle unit card order

Hello Arcaneevan, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

Are you talking about filtering out the regional units? That's actually covered in the FAQ:

Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
    A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU. EB v1.1 now comes with the trivial script, which will automatically switch the files for you. To play custom battles or multiplayer battles with all of your factional units, run the "Play Multiplayer" option of the trivial script.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: EB custom battle unit card order

Thank you Ludens :)

No, I mean: since the units' cards are messy (example: polybian hastati far from principes), I wonder if somehow is possible to reorganize the cards. Is there a .txt or another file we can modify in which we can change the order of the cards?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaneevan View Post
    No, I mean: since the units' cards are messy (example: polybian hastati far from principes), I wonder if somehow is possible to reorganize the cards. Is there a .txt or another file we can modify in which we can change the order of the cards?
    I have no idea. Maybe they are in the same order as they are listed in the EDU (export_descr_units) file? However, EDU changes are not always save-game compatible, so make a back-up before you try this.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe they are in the same order as they are listed in the EDU (export_descr_units) file? However, EDU changes are not always save-game compatible, so make a back-up before you try this.
    That I can confirm is not the case; For the unit selection for the Prussian Army in my mod, the artillery selection is cut into two by, of all things, the Prussian Horseguards...

I might have to look into it myself: it's been a hassle trying to figure it out.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg