Thread: Has anyone got MTW1 up and running on Win10 with VMWare?

Default Has anyone got MTW1 up and running on Win10 with VMWare?

I tried to get MTW1 going with Hyper-V. But after 6 hours it seems that configuring graphics/DirectX is only possible with WindowsServer2016+. So I am trying for VMware. But before I waste another day I wanted to ask if anyone else already tried it.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Has anyone got MTW1 up and running on Win10 with VMWare?

I tried VMWare a while ago, I think I tried running XP on a Vista host. I don't think MTW like the graphics driver, but I don't really know what I'm doing with VMWare so it's possible someone might get it going. Win 10 inside the VM is probably not the way to go though, I would choose an older OS.

Welcome to the Org! If you do get it running, let us know the hoops...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Not sure if this got asked but... it doesn't work on Windows 10?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

As far as I've investigated, not the disk version.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

So only the Steam version works on Win10... ?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. You could apply the Steam "patch" (explained here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053757970), but I have questions about the legality since the .exe is involved.