Thread: Another new Campaign Pack coming!?!

Default Another new Campaign Pack coming!?!

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wttwo-03-18
    HISTORICAL NEW CONTENT TEAM – CAMPAIGN NEXT:

With the successful release of Desert Kingdoms and Empire Divided, ROME II has come a long way, but there’s more action and free content to come yet. One big win has been the reduction of players who have problems with mods crashing their game, by creating roll back builds for those who want to use older mods, and the new mod filter for those that want to play new content without forgetting old mods may still be enabled and might cause issues.

We’ve also looked at all of the fan feedback from Empire Divided through to Desert Kingdoms and feel we have a good understanding of things we need to address in the next content release for ROME II. We plan to line this up with the next campaign pack that we feel will be a fresh take on campaign packs for ROME II as well as a very exciting feature for the Free-LC that will release alongside it.
    (my emphasis)

So another Campaign Pack is coming & more fixes
    What do we think it might be?
    I guess since Crisis of Third Century wasn't particularly expected last time the same guesses we had then apply now...
    Last edited by hoom; 03-24-2018 at 04:00.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Default Re: Another new Campaign Pack coming!?!

Over on .com forum there is suggestion of Mithradatic wars which seems a pretty interesting possibility.

Map something like this, probably include Italy (or have Roman armies spawn in Greece?)

I hadn't realised before its simultaneous with Roman civil war/s, so Rome is weak/distracted/divided (& doesn't get resources of the rest of the empire ingame) while Pontus initially expands, there is a Greek uprising & there is plenty of interest to be had elsewhere with rump Seleukids/Ptolemies & rising Parthia.

Member thankful for this post:

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

It's quite something that they keep updating R2 after 4 something years since the development has finished.

Attila DLC please!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

I thoink taht DLC will be about Hellenistic world:
    - Alexandros,
    - Pyrrus in Italy,
    - Diadochi wars,
    - Macedonian wars,
    - Mithridatic wars.

Pyrrus in Italy could be very cool yeah
    Nice big zoomed in map with Carthage bottom left, Greece on the right & Italy down the middle.
    Proper custom maps of Lilybaeum, Akragas & Syracuse etc, detailed layout of towns/cities of Sicily & Southern Italy

I feel Diadochi could get a bit boring with so much pike on pike but its historically a very interesting period & would be an opportunity to do justice to the Hellenistic eastern Med area.

Oh here's a thing that definitely could do with some fixing.
    I've seen it before but not gotten round to taking screenshots (or did but dunno where they would be on my HDDs)

If you look carefully you can see a bunch of dots down the middle of the screenshot.
    Its all of the slingshot stones thrown by my army slowly rolling down the hill

Hard to show with screenshots but in motion it produces a curious shimmer.
    Anyway: pretty sure these should time-out and disappear, I suspect it doesn't due to the kill keeping them moving.
    Have tried to find big piles of slingshot stones on flat terrain but they seem to disappear shortly after landing/stopping, likewise arrows & spears.
    The really amazing thing is it doesn't seem to cause any great lag/performance issue.