Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Hearthstone Mafia

End of Night 1

Montmorency was killed.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Leonard is correct. Pyroblast ended the game essentially on its own and in an uninteractive fashion.

Yeah! I hate combos! Why can't I just have a 30+ turn game where I smash my yeti with other yetis for a value off every game!!!

Montmorency, you are Pyroblast.

As a 10 mana, 10 damage spell, Pyroblast can be used to great effect for finishing off your opponent. The threat of a surprise Pyroblast forces your opponent to always stay above 10 health. In combination with some Spell Damage minions, you can deal even more damage.

You are Vanilla Town.

You win when both of the mafia are eliminated.

Good luck, have fun, read the rules, PM me with any questions.

Nerf History!

• Patch 1.0.0.4458 (2014-1-16): Now costs 10 (up from 8).
    • Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Damage increased to 10, from 9.
    • Previously: Deal 9 damage. [8 mana, Epic]

Announcement: Sooh is the Town Innocent Child!

Living Players: 7
    @Csargo
    @Dp101
    @GeneralHankerchief
    @Kagemusha
    @Logic
    @Manasi
    @Sooh

It is now Day Two.

Voting ends in:

You can post now.
    Last edited by Zack; 03-30-2018 at 04:03. Reason: only hosts can edit huehuehue

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'm reheating pizza right now.
    Just kidding.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Well, that was not expected. Two of my top 3 suspects are mechanically cleared in one update. Completely back to the drawing board.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Logic, in your wall right before the kill you said Csargo was a suspect of yours conditionally only upon your nightkill. Since this didn't happen, otherwise you said he was fine. Yet in your earlier reads, fairly close to deadline, you had him as a pretty hard null:

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Very vague buckets:

Townish
    Logic - Myself, naturally I am going to say I am town.
    Manasi - seems townier than usual, and I usually suspect Manasi early and often.
    Sooh - Feels natural; I can detect no hidden agenda.

Nullish
    Csargo - Right now, I'm wearing blinders on him.
    Kagemusha - "Bating" for reaction sounds good, but it's also I might do in a followup game if I were scum.

Scumish
    El Barto - Slightly confused by the 848% earlier, but I'm assuming it was a typo not something sinister. His coded flavor-text may be what is pinging my scum-dar, but I can't identify why he feels less than genuine this early.
    Monty - Seeing his last game has made me super wary of him, and he is in my "usual suspects" bucket until proven otherwise.
    GeneralHankerchief - Too little content to base anything on. But I could see a "chaos³" GH this early.
    Snerk/Dp101 - Snerk/Dp101 have given little to go on, but I can't find a real reason to vote elsewhere yet.

What changed?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Wait; Innocent Child? That doesn't seem to fit with the Hearthstone theme at all. I'm not mechanically clearing Sooh just yet.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Blog Entries

Wait; Innocent Child? That doesn't seem to fit with the Hearthstone theme at all. I'm not mechanically clearing Sooh just yet.
    No, it's a mod clear. Sooh is fine.

Logic, in your wall right before the kill you said Csargo was a suspect of yours conditionally only upon your nightkill. Since this didn't happen, otherwise you said he was fine. Yet in your earlier reads, fairly close to deadline, you had him as a pretty hard null:

What changed?
    Clarification: I meant I wasn't changing my opinion on Csargo if I was not the nightkill. The nightkill being me would have led me to believe that Csargo was scum, due to my statement in an earlier game that "I consider it a personal win to be the nightkill D1" or something similar. Csargo at the time said something to the effect of "I hope to let you win when I am scum."
    Aliases Yakostovian

Blog Entries

Clarification: I meant I wasn't changing my opinion on Csargo if I was not the nightkill. The nightkill being me would have led me to believe that Csargo was scum, due to my statement in an earlier game that "I consider it a personal win to be the nightkill D1" or something similar. Csargo at the time said something to the effect of "I hope to let you win when I am scum."
    Right, let me clarify factoring out the nightkill thing that didn't come to pass. There was part of your wall from 15 minutes ago that says "I don't suspect Csar if I'm still alive" leading me to believe that you have him as town. But earlier you had him as null, and I was just wondering what caused you to upgrade him.

Right, let me clarify factoring out the nightkill thing that didn't come to pass. There was part of your wall from 15 minutes ago that says "I don't suspect Csar if I'm still alive" leading me to believe that you have him as town. But earlier you had him as null, and I was just wondering what caused you to upgrade him.
    Yeah: He's still null, so I still don't suspect him, but I'm not taking my eyes off either. He's yet given me pause, but I haven't seen something oozing towniness. I am positive I did not say "he's fine."
    My gaze was going to be focused on Monty/Sooh/Kage, as they were my top suspects, but it looks like I have one worth looking at.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    Dude.
    To be fair, I had to go back and check the rules for bastard mechanics and false alignment reveals before I could believe it.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Hahahahahahahaha.

Kage

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Kage
    Yes? What you have in mind?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Two of my scum reads flipped town.

Cya.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Two of my scum reads flipped town.

Cya.
    So because you were twice wrong it makes you right third time? Dont be lazy and instead make a case.

So far i see you copying what logic said earlier. Lazy, thus scummy.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Sooh confirmed town, what is this witchcraft? What is this child doing playing mafia?

I can't ever read Monty, I should just give up.

I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I'll make more of an effort when I wake up tomorrow morning guys. I'll try to like, read.

Blog Entries

Vote: Dp101

Still don't think it's Kage.

Ok. Lets see.

Barto,
    votes DP101 for no reason, DP101 is not in the game at least yet. Then votes: Manasi

Logic ,
    votes El Barto for "joke" reasons, Then votes Snerk for "genetic" reasons.

Monty , votes No Lynch.

Sooh, votes Snerk for having too much fun.

Snerk, votes Monty for not being all business.

Csargo, votes Sooh for Zelda reasons.

Tally:
    Snerk 2 votes
    Manasi 1 votes
    El Barto 1 votes
    Monty 1 votes
    Sooh 1 votes
    No Lynch 1 votes

Conclusion. Completely and utterly nothing as of yet. Vote: GH. Because i want to hear from you. It has been far too long.
    First post: not super content driven. Could be an analysis, could be a smokescreen. Sooh called this weird for anyone but Kage earlier, so this may be worth investigating further. Vote for GH tells little at this point.
    I did not feel much about the role. Engaging to yet another game in itself when i was not sure if would i play ever again , was much more moving. Kind of like a dance with an old dance partner. Brings up lot of old memories. Maybe i am becoming an old sentimental fool. How did you feel about yours?
    Replying to GH about his feelings upon getting a role. Talks about being sentimental. If I knew more about Kage, this might be a better datapoint. As it stands, this reads like it could be partners speaking.
    Good post and good reaction. You seem townish. A Mafia GH would likely not have jumped into this very weird post of mine, but avoided it. What else. Monty seems interested.+town. Manasi similarly, but could also be a confused scum player. Town for now. Csargo and Logic, no reaction. Scum? Connection? DP101 also sensing oddity of the post. Seems good. But, El Barto, talking about me, but not to me. Do i sense a suggestion for others pointing at my post, while not committing really. Best vote by far now: Unvote and Vote: El Barto
    Replyng to two of GH's posts. (GH compliments Kage's mafia skills, comments on being sentimental, and comments on Csargo and Sooh being likely town, Manasi just shy of that level) Removes vote from GH calling him likely town because he liked his reaction. Reads Manasi as "possibly confused scum, but town for now", and gives reads on Csargo and Logic (myself,) hinting he thinks we are possible scum partners or otherwise linked. I find the latter to be mechanically impossible with this few number of players. I'm casting significant suspicion on Kage for this. It also leads my to think that GH is Kage's most likely partner, for now. Pending GH's ISO, we'll see, but so far I'm 1 for 3, and my 1 correct wasn't solid.
    Bating for reaction. Making the first round more useful. In last game we played together similar bating at first round got me nice results by catching mafia player and also getting after you as you were scum in that game.
    Explains his intent. +town points, but possible ruse as scum to repeat
    Ok. Thank you for the answer.
    Responding to Csargo, who is critical of Kage's list. NAI.
    Push Barto with me and lets see if it was successful. Or do you have something of your own to go with?
    Encourages GH to push Barto. (GH agrees.) If these guys are a scum team, this is brazen. Teaming seems less likely now.
    Grammar Nazi. You are dealing with non Indo- European language speaker, so bear or beer with me if you can.
    Banter with me about my grammar nazi traits.
    I think proper term for baiting in my language would be "jallittaa" in spoken language or "härnätä" which might be more literary language. Anyways aside Grammar naziness. Logic, who are your suspects and why?
    Asks me a direct question, and I post my "vague buckets" response.
    I do not get it why Barto is not defending himself. Do it or i have to do it. Though Where is Barto´s vote at the moment?
    Near EOD post about Barto.
    Barto is voting Manasi as of now. I rather get scum then let him cause a miss lynch. My vote sticks.
    He answers his own question moments after I answer it for him.
    Old friend. Are you suggesting that i am somehow inherently weird?
    Just checking..
    More banter with GH. I repeat myself, these two feel teamed, but I know for a fact that GH is smarter than this, and I suspect Kage is as well. If teamed, this is super brazen.
    EOD
    Sorry Barto. Back to the drawing board. Logic, What are you basing that theory?
    Responding to my postcount analysis. Probing?
    Hi Dp101! What do you base your confidence about Csargo and Manasi?
    DP townreads Csargo and Manasi, the latter everyone seems to have done so, and Kage is asking for reasons. I give Kage town points for this.
    I did some legwork during last day phase. It just did not bear fruit at least yet. Did you not understand what i tried to achieve, which i explained to GH already. As you suggest that there is lot of beef to work with. I am all ears. (Btw i hate posting with cell as im couple hundred km from home.)
    Responding to Manasi's query. I'm not convinced that Kage did a whole lot of legwork in the day-phase, but maybe I'm missing the forest for the trees. I saw one attempt to ferret out mafia that didn't work all that well, and Kage agrees that his plan didn't return any positive results.
    Why are you so agressive?
    Responding to Manai's plight about multiquotes. I would normally like this question, and probably pose it myself, but because I am seeing Kage through a mafia-filter, this looks suspect to me.
    Maybe i am from so much older generation that i find it strange why you behave like you do in a friendly social game. Is this game stressing you out, or is this just your general approach towards life?
    G**D*** it. This is good, but makes it harder for me to read Kage. This I like. Mafia or Town, I like this sentiment. And It's hard for me to read this as mafia. I'm going to give him a "good sportsman" read here, because this tells me nothing otherwise. There may be info here, but I will not be able to read anything into this beyond "Hey Kage, is a cool dude."
    Im really starting to feel old here. When people are talking about me as that strange old geezer every family has.
    NAI
    Lets see. I dont like to flip flop. I like to pursue and being wrong about Barto makes me second guess myself. Besides Barto i thought about Logic and Csargo. If Logic is Mafia he is playing well i like his Isos. Csargo i have never being able to read. Csargo deserves fair amount of heat in my opinion. Sooh i forgot in my initial post, which enables her to slip under the radar. Manasi is masking everything with (her?) Behaviour. So i need a connection in order to build a case. Dp/Snerk not much to go with.

Monty i cant tell without a clear slip. You are hard case allways but make a mistake and i will hunt you down. I need more to work with.
    Responding to GH's question about who he suspects before the kill comes in.
    Makes a claim about being consistent. Thats more wolf thinking, in my book, but it could just be how Kage shapes his worldview. After the Barto flip, he is unsure about his previous reads.
    He mentions me (he likes my ISOs, is convinced if I am Mafia I am playing well) and Csargo he says he can never read properly, so apply direct pressure. He admits to omitting Sooh, and says she may be slipping under the radar. If wolf, this is a setup to deep-threat mislynch, methinks? I'm unsure, but colored glasses have me thinking about it like that. Says Manasi is masking with behavior (I feel this is Manasi's best town game so far, so this gives Kage a mafia point in my ledger.) I agree that DP/Snerk did not give him much to go on. Ends with his assessment of Monty, which also looks like "I can't read him unless_____." Tells GH he will get him, if he is indeed mafia GH can't hide from Kage. Asks for more to work with. Yup, we all need that.
    Maybe Logic should make your Iso? That would be interesting.
    Csargo sarcastically says he deserves more heat because Kage specifically can't read him. Kage suggests I do Csargo's iso soon (maybe later; 30+ posts to quote, compile, and analyze, and I don't have time for that right now.)
    [b]EON[b]
    Responding to Manasi's laughter. Not sure what to make of this interaction at all. Manasi might be gloating (the first potential mafia-sign I've seen from her) and Kage seems to be keeping his cards close to his chest. Could go either way from this.
    So because you were twice wrong it makes you right third time? Dont be lazy and instead make a case.

So far i see you copying what logic said earlier. Lazy, thus scummy.
    Here he shades Manasi for parroting me. The second possible Manasi scum sign, and a second ISO of her may bear fruit. But, Kage isn't making a good case here either: He's inferring something that Manasi does not seem to be saying herself. (she looks to be attempting a vote, but she has only bolded Kage's name, thus not actually voting for him. Not sure if honest mistake due to other-site habits, or something else. Kage picks up on this as well, and calls Manasi scummy directly.

Not yet ready for a vote, but leaning Kage and GH.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Maybe i am from so much older generation that i find it strange why you behave like you do in a friendly social game. Is this game stressing you out, or is this just your general approach towards life?
    G**D*** it. This is good, but makes it harder for me to read Kage. This I like. Mafia or Town, I like this sentiment. And It's hard for me to read this as mafia. I'm going to give him a "good sportsman" read here, because this tells me nothing otherwise. There may be info here, but I will not be able to read anything into this beyond "Hey Kage, is a cool dude.".
    Just so this doesn't get lost. After reading the ISO, hes been shading Manasi from nearly the beginning, but not voting for her. So I will Vote: Kage now, but I want to make sure you all see that I think he's a pretty swell dude. If I am wrong, Thunderdome me, because clearly I am not helping town.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

When did this happen? I don't recall this at all.

What changed your mind in 15 minutes Logic?

Oh, never mind, I misread that last sentence.

I scumread Kage before Logic even

ugh

Blog Entries

Logic, I'm willing to entertain the notion that Kage could be mafia, but not the one that I'm his partner for obvious reasons. Could you present a feasible alternative?

Csargo, you're given a gun with one shot. Who do you kill?

Official Tally as of #234

1 Dp101 (GeneralHankerchief)
    1 Kagemusha (Logic)

Not Voting: Csargo, Kagemusha, Manasi, Sooh

Not Posting: Dp101

Logic, I'm willing to entertain the notion that Kage could be mafia, but not the one that I'm his partner for obvious reasons. Could you present a feasible alternative?

Csargo, you're given a gun with one shot. Who do you kill?
    Kage I think at this point.

My PoE is something like this atm:

Csargo
    Sooh
    Logic
    Manasi
    Dp101/GH
    Kage

I'd put you higher than Dp101 purely because I can get a better read on you going forward than I can Dp101.

I feel fairly good about Logic currently, because his most recent stuff is pretty inline with what I remember from other games. I had him way lower initially, but his current engagement/posts have been excellent imo.

Manasi feels good at this point.

I think I'm usually pretty good at reading you, but that's probably wrong. You going along with the Barto vote so easily sort of put me off a bit. Nothing you've done since has raised my read of you all that much.

Dp101 is sort of meh hard to gauge with so little coming out from him.

Kage's summary post was odd to me, but that seems to be par for the course for D1 lists. Thought the Barto push was weird, I clearly wasn't a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    Responding to Manasi's query. I'm not convinced that Kage did a whole lot of legwork in the day-phase, but maybe I'm missing the forest for the trees.
    I think Logic's quote sums up my thoughts on Kage pretty well.

Thank you for the ISO Logic. Like i said earlier if you are scum. You are playing extremely well. Your process seems very good, but conclusion is wrong. You build a case against me based on connection with GH, which you seem to be doubting very much in your Iso. So you seem to be arriving into wrong conclusion with genuine thought process, unlike Manasi who seems to be trying to use momentum in order to push who she wants to be lynched. I want to hear from the only confirmed townie aka Sooh before pushing what i have in mind.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I'd put you higher than Dp101 purely because I can get a better read on you going forward than I can Dp101.

I feel fairly good about Logic currently, because his most recent stuff is pretty inline with what I remember from other games. I had him way lower initially, but his current engagement/posts have been excellent imo.

Manasi feels good at this point.

I think I'm usually pretty good at reading you, but that's probably wrong. You going along with the Barto vote so easily sort of put me off a bit. Nothing you've done since has raised my read of you all that much.

Dp101 is sort of meh hard to gauge with so little coming out from him.

Kage's summary post was odd to me, but that seems to be par for the course for D1 lists. Thought the Barto push was weird, I clearly wasn't a fan.

I think Logic's quote sums up my thoughts on Kage pretty well.
    Ok, thanks.

So overall it would be safe to say that you don't really have a particularly strong scumread on Kage but he's still a bit worse-looking than everyone else?

Blog Entries

Here's Dp's full amount of posts since subbing in:

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Hi people! At school currently will be more active once I get home.
    I agree with this pretty strongly.
    (re: Manasi thinking Kage's early wall was suspicious and weird)

I sort of like this post, a decent amount.
    (re: my early takes on Csargo and Sooh being town and Kage possibly being mafia)

N1

This is what happens when I forget about things. I wasn’t keeping track of the time and kept putting this game off, and really wasn’t thinking at all. Sorry. I guess I’ll read back over what I missed
    This is generally the impression I get from the thread overall btw. Honestly only people I feel confident townreading are Csargo and Manasi.
    re: Csargo saying there hasn't been much discourse going on

Both are obviously engaged with the game and feel like they are genuinely interested in solving the game, rather than just going through the motions.
    responding to Kage about his townreads on Csargo and Manasi

I mean I think his posting style is bizarre and I don’t understand it, but that’s been true any time I’ve played with him, so not really sure if I know how to read him.
    responding to Manasi directly asking him for his take on Kage

Yeah I’ve been sort of exhausted the last couple of days and will try to step it up a little activity-wise here. It’s just hard to want to go post in a game if it seems like most other people aren’t there either.
    responding to Manasi about the game being low-activity

This post is odd and wolfy, imo. Once I recall voting format I might put one here.
    responding to Kage asking Manasi why she's so aggressive

Also you know, once it’s day, it’s been so long since I’ve played a game with nightchat that I had forgotten it wasn’t day.
    Is fine, I haven’t been around enough to justify being put in posts.
    responding to Manasi about how she left Dp out of her reads.

I don't think this is town Dp. I just don't. I get that he's rusty. I get that he's been super busy IRL. I also don't care. The thing I look for with Dp is that super pure tone. That's not a feature that really needs extended immersion in the game to make itself known, like Logic's effort for example. It just naturally rises to the surface. And it hasn't here.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast