Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone Mafia [Concluded]

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Re: Hearthstone Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Sorry Barto. Back to the drawing board. Logic, What are you basing that theory?
    I'd say its better than 50/50 that one scum is fairly active, and another is cruising under the radar. It's exactly what I'd be advocating for right now if I were scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Interesting that GH had too little content to judge, though GH had as many posts as Kage and was probably median in post-count.

GH and Logic team, back for revenge?!

Csargo is also tickling me, but I'll have to figure scenarios for the late vote on Dp.

Kage is mysterious and Sooh and Dp are null.

Manasi is lock town and cannot die.
    GH also doubled his posts between my two mentions. Look at his first 8 posts. 1 or 2 have some reasonable content, the rest are nothing of real note.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Unfortunate, and here I thought this was a game of discourse, but apparently it's a game of vague statements that are indecipherable.
    Serious question: do you think you'll get your chance?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Unfortunate, and here I thought this was a game of discourse, but apparently it's a game of vague statements that are indecipherable.
    This is generally the impression I get from the thread overall btw. Honestly only people I feel confident townreading are Csargo and Manasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    This is generally the impression I get from the thread overall btw. Honestly only people I feel confident townreading are Csargo and Manasi.
    Hi Dp101! What do you base your confidence about Csargo and Manasi?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Serious question: do you think you'll get your chance?
    I don't know what your question is referring to. If it's if I think I'll survive to the next day phase, then I'd say I don't feel particularly confident in anything at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

BBC drama Shetland made me forget about this game's existence last night. Oops. I still have no idea how to read Barto, so I prolly wouldn't have stopped his lynch even if I was here.

That being said, doesn't GH usually try to control things more as scum? Here he seems only semi-interested in what's going on. I guess if he's scum and the lynch is going town's way anyway he wouldn't have to be so hands on, but idk. Seems more towny than not for now imo.

I don't know what your question is referring to. If it's if I think I'll survive to the next day phase, then I'd say I don't feel particularly confident in anything at this point.
    What does it mean that you assumed it was about your survival, rather than mine?
    Vitiate Man.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Members thankful for this post (2):

Both are obviously engaged with the game and feel like they are genuinely interested in solving the game, rather than just going through the motions.

You're asking a lot of questions and not making a lot of statements.

Can you change that for me?

So far from what I can tell you see myself/GH town and like, a bunch of random null reads as your scum?

I feel like there's enough in this thread to get to a point where you're past those level 1 reads that you had earlier yesterday.

Give me something.

That probably suggests you're going to live to the next day phase lmao

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

BBC drama Shetland made me forget about this game's existence last night. Oops. I still have no idea how to read Barto, so I prolly wouldn't have stopped his lynch even if I was here.

That being said, doesn't GH usually try to control things more as scum? Here he seems only semi-interested in what's going on. I guess if he's scum and the lynch is going town's way anyway he wouldn't have to be so hands on, but idk. Seems more towny than not for now imo.
    Does GH try and control things when there's already a solid mislynch set up and a bunch of villagers not posting? Don't think he'd out himself/his scum meta if he doesn't have to.

Why do you think he's more towny?

What other reads do you have?

What does it mean that you assumed it was about your survival, rather than mine?
    Probably nothing because your question was pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Both are obviously engaged with the game and feel like they are genuinely interested in solving the game, rather than just going through the motions.
    DP can you do me a favor and read Kage's posts for me and tell me what you think? There isn't really a lot there so it should be easy.

Need more reads itt and less random stuff.

Funny coming from me, isn't it?

See, this is the worst part.

In a thread with such little activity and posting and reads, all mafia really needs to do is post anything worth a shit and they're probably close to cleared.

(In writing this post I mean to say that I'm super townreading Logic but I don't know if I should be.)

I was pretty hype for this game (still kinda am) and nobody else is. Every site is either full of thousands of posts or just 14 of mine.

Feelsbadman.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    DP can you do me a favor and read Kage's posts for me and tell me what you think? There isn't really a lot there so it should be easy.

Need more reads itt and less random stuff.

Funny coming from me, isn't it?
    I mean I think his posting style is bizarre and I don’t understand it, but that’s been true any time I’ve played with him, so not really sure if I know how to read him.

I was pretty hype for this game (still kinda am) and nobody else is. Every site is either full of thousands of posts or just 14 of mine.

Feelsbadman.
    Yeah I’ve been sort of exhausted the last couple of days and will try to step it up a little activity-wise here. It’s just hard to want to go post in a game if it seems like most other people aren’t there either.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Feelsbadman.
    Sorry about that. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am unusually busy at work today. I'll have some content before EON.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Feelsbadman.
    I mean, get on my level, or don't it's up to you.

I'm not sure it says much really. There's no reason for him to be proactive if he doesn't have to be basically. I think it's not very indicative of anything imo.

You're asking a lot of questions and not making a lot of statements.

Can you change that for me?

So far from what I can tell you see myself/GH town and like, a bunch of random null reads as your scum?

I feel like there's enough in this thread to get to a point where you're past those level 1 reads that you had earlier yesterday.

Give me something.
    I did some legwork during last day phase. It just did not bear fruit at least yet. Did you not understand what i tried to achieve, which i explained to GH already. As you suggest that there is lot of beef to work with. I am all ears. (Btw i hate posting with cell as im couple hundred km from home.)
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I'm not sure it says much really. There's no reason for him to be proactive if he doesn't have to be basically. I think it's not very indicative of anything imo.
    GH is not a lazy scum. He is well-known for d1 pushes as scum, and Barto was hardly a push.

I liked your answer though.

Probably nothing because your question was pretty dumb.
    <3
    Vitiate Man.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even suggesting you'd take my read on Barto as anything seriously is kinda funny, you'd typically just brush it off.

I think that your scum read on him was baseless, think he was being more relevant than most people and there were infinitely scummier people.
    If you honestly think that's how I treat your posts then I apologize, I certainly don't intend on doing that.

Anyway, I'd like to go back to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Gah, I've got work to do and am not sure I'll be around to heavily influence the deadline.

So POEing this:

Csargo
    El Barto
    GeneralHankerchief
    Kagemusha
    Logic
    Manasi
    Montmorency
    Snerk/Dp101
    Sooh

I'm town. Csar, Sooh, and Manasi have made good posts. Logic is solving in a way that looks decent enough for now and is moving stuff forward at least, plus I feel better about his Manasi clarification that he pointed out to me. There was the one early Monty post I liked that I talked about earlier.

So that leaves:

El Barto
    Kagemusha
    Snerk/Dp101

Kage is... I think I can figure him out and even though I still somewhat suspect him I think his interactions with me have been fairly natural, so he gets to live for a day.

Snerk's iso was entirely null and Dp's is a bit lacking, even though he's shown signs of pretty clearly general disinterest/not being around much. So even though I think he can do better he might just honestly be Not Around Much.

So that leaves Barto.

My vote's staying where it is barring somebody making a me-in-Chess level post (and I see it) between now and deadline.

This is basically where I laid out my thinking w/r/t the D1 lynch. I didn't necessarily have a scumread on Barto so much as I liked everyone else better. I thought that was made pretty clear in the round where I didn't actually give a reason for any of my votes on Barto beyond humoring Kage (initially) and then this post. See where I'm coming from?

Where do you and I disagree with our placements of people?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does GH try and control things when there's already a solid mislynch set up and a bunch of villagers not posting? Don't think he'd out himself/his scum meta if he doesn't have to.

Why do you think he's more towny?

What other reads do you have?
    For the record, I agree with the bolded. Manasi and Csargo are correct, so don't clear me off this.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

GH is not a lazy scum. He is well-known for d1 pushes as scum, and Barto was hardly a push.

I liked your answer though.

<3
    I would agree with that assessment, I don't think that GH is a lazy scum. I also think that circumstance dictates strategy. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that someone would play differently depending on the flow of the game. It's simplistic to assume GH wouldn't be capable of adapting his style, or anyone for that matter, to factor in the pace of the game up until this point.

It's hardly an optimal strategy in this setting, as Manasi pointed out, is what I'm saying.

I did some legwork during last day phase. It just did not bear fruit at least yet. Did you not understand what i tried to achieve, which i explained to GH already. As you suggest that there is lot of beef to work with. I am all ears. (Btw i hate posting with cell as im couple hundred km from home.)
    I did not feel much about the role. Engaging to yet another game in itself when i was not sure if would i play ever again , was much more moving. Kind of like a dance with an old dance partner. Brings up lot of old memories. Maybe i am becoming an old sentimental fool. How did you feel about yours?
    Good post and good reaction. You seem townish. A Mafia GH would likely not have jumped into this very weird post of mine, but avoided it. What else. Monty seems interested.+town. Manasi similarly, but could also be a confused scum player. Town for now. Csargo and Logic, no reaction. Scum? Connection? DP101 also sensing oddity of the post. Seems good. But, El Barto, talking about me, but not to me. Do i sense a suggestion for others pointing at my post, while not committing really. Best vote by far now: Unvote and Vote: El Barto
    Bating for reaction. Making the first round more useful. In last game we played together similar bating at first round got me nice results by catching mafia player and also getting after you as you were scum in that game.
    Push Barto with me and lets see if it was successful. Or do you have something of your own to go with?

Is this the legwork you were referring to?

When I look at this it just comes across as summary and rhetorical questions that nobody ever answered. How is that actual work? Especially if you haven't yielded anything from it?

Is the only reason you voted on Barto because he didn't directly address you? That's what it's seeming.

You and GH both decided your lynch based on a POE.

You had the following:

Town: Manasi, Monty, GH

Mafia: Csargo, Logic

Which left a POE of Barto and Sooh (who has addressed you // you have made no effort to respond to)

Although she has a town read on you for "being intense" or whatever, that in no case would have much of a tell on her own alignment.

I just don't understand why you made the decision that you did when it seemed like Barto was at least interacting well with other people and someone like Sooh fluffed and posted ever so sporadically (no offense Sooh, think you're > rand town but I would have voted you over Barto if given the choice).

I did not feel much about the role. Engaging to yet another game in itself when i was not sure if would i play ever again , was much more moving. Kind of like a dance with an old dance partner. Brings up lot of old memories. Maybe i am becoming an old sentimental fool. How did you feel about yours?
    Good post and good reaction. You seem townish. A Mafia GH would likely not have jumped into this very weird post of mine, but avoided it. What else. Monty seems interested.+town. Manasi similarly, but could also be a confused scum player. Town for now. Csargo and Logic, no reaction. Scum? Connection? DP101 also sensing oddity of the post. Seems good. But, El Barto, talking about me, but not to me. Do i sense a suggestion for others pointing at my post, while not committing really. Best vote by far now: Unvote and Vote: El Barto
    Bating for reaction. Making the first round more useful. In last game we played together similar bating at first round got me nice results by catching mafia player and also getting after you as you were scum in that game.
    * In reading all of this I also wasn't able to figure out what you were trying to achieve.

HOW DO I CLEAR THIS FUCKIN MULTIQUOTE

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast