Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Hearthstone Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    If you honestly think that's how I treat your posts then I apologize, I certainly don't intend on doing that.

Anyway, I'd like to go back to this post:

This is basically where I laid out my thinking w/r/t the D1 lynch. I didn't necessarily have a scumread on Barto so much as I liked everyone else better. I thought that was made pretty clear in the round where I didn't actually give a reason for any of my votes on Barto beyond humoring Kage (initially) and then this post. See where I'm coming from?

Where do you and I disagree with our placements of people?
    I think that we're kind of similar in terms of reads. I think that DP and Logic are probably my top towns.

Main difference is that I think all of the scum are in Sooh, yourself, Monty, and Kage.

Csargo is posting well, I agree, so I'd give him a town read for that.

I still haven't shook the tinfoil that wolves can just put it effort and be better than most of the town so I don't know how confident I'm gonna be going through the rest of the game at all, but that's where I am.

Why "clear" Kage for the lynch but push Barto who was obviously having more fun than like ~most of the thread?

I know you said you can probably figure his alignment out etc, but can't you also do that for Barto? I feel like his alignment isn't that hard to place.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    HOW DO I CLEAR THIS FUCKIN MULTIQUOTE
    * In reading all of this I also wasn't able to figure out what you were trying to achieve.
    For the record, I agree with the bolded. Manasi and Csargo are correct, so don't clear me off this.
    Boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Why are you so agressive?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

If I don't die N1 I might go crazy if this thread tempo keeps up.

@mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Hi nice to meet you I'm Manasi.

Hm, I just realized that I didn't put Dp in the post I wrote for Kage.

Whatever.

Sorry Dp.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

You broke it. It auto-clears after you post.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ok. Lets see.

Barto,
    votes DP101 for no reason, DP101 is not in the game at least yet. Then votes: Manasi

Logic ,
    votes El Barto for "joke" reasons, Then votes Snerk for "genetic" reasons.

Monty , votes No Lynch.

Sooh, votes Snerk for having too much fun.

Snerk, votes Monty for not being all business.

Csargo, votes Sooh for Zelda reasons.

Tally:
    Snerk 2 votes
    Manasi 1 votes
    El Barto 1 votes
    Monty 1 votes
    Sooh 1 votes
    No Lynch 1 votes

Conclusion. Completely and utterly nothing as of yet. Vote: GH. Because i want to hear from you. It has been far too long.

Early on Kage talks about Barto's early actions but explicitly takes nothing of it yet, so I'd say that's not a scumread.

Good post and good reaction. You seem townish. A Mafia GH would likely not have jumped into this very weird post of mine, but avoided it. What else. Monty seems interested.+town. Manasi similarly, but could also be a confused scum player. Town for now. Csargo and Logic, no reaction. Scum? Connection? DP101 also sensing oddity of the post. Seems good. But, El Barto, talking about me, but not to me. Do i sense a suggestion for others pointing at my post, while not committing really. Best vote by far now: Unvote and Vote: El Barto

Hm.

Kage is generally pushier on people when he's town. The below seems... kind of choreographed?

Push Barto with me and lets see if it was successful. Or do you have something of your own to go with?

At some point I went from commenting on above quoted posts to below quoted ones, lol. Let's recalibrate and talk about the next two afterwards.

I do not get it why Barto is not defending himself. Do it or i have to do it. Though Where is Barto´s vote at the moment?
    Barto is voting Manasi as of now. I rather get scum then let him cause a miss lynch. My vote sticks.

So assuming my meta read on Kage is correct, this... I think... passes muster. Barely. If it was just the "push Barto with me" post and not much else I'd probably calling for Kage's head at this point but I think with those last two posts we're looking at town Kage here.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Hi nice to meet you I'm Manasi.
    Maybe i am from so much older generation that i find it strange why you behave like you do in a friendly social game. Is this game stressing you out, or is this just your general approach towards life?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that we're kind of similar in terms of reads. I think that DP and Logic are probably my top towns.

Main difference is that I think all of the scum are in Sooh, yourself, Monty, and Kage.

Csargo is posting well, I agree, so I'd give him a town read for that.

I still haven't shook the tinfoil that wolves can just put it effort and be better than most of the town so I don't know how confident I'm gonna be going through the rest of the game at all, but that's where I am.

Why "clear" Kage for the lynch but push Barto who was obviously having more fun than like ~most of the thread?

I know you said you can probably figure his alignment out etc, but can't you also do that for Barto? I feel like his alignment isn't that hard to place.
    I'm a LOT more confident in reading Kage than Barto. I've never really been able to place Barto well.

As far as your scum pile, I feel reasonably confident about Sooh. Freely admit that Monty could have just skunked me with that one early post of his that I talked about earlier so I might see myself going there depending on how D2 shakes out.

What makes you think the Dp slot is town? It didn't really do much of anything yesterday.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Maybe i am from so much older generation that i find it strange why you behave like you do in a friendly social game. Is this game stressing you out, or is this just your general approach towards life?
    GH help him psychoanalyze me.

I love talking about myself but this is 2deep4me.

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

GH help him psychoanalyze me.

I love talking about myself but this is 2deep4me.
    Not really out of place for him from either alignment. Sorry.

If you're interested in talking with him about this I'd just keep the conversation entirely surface-level.

Im really starting to feel old here. When people are talking about me as that strange old geezer every family has.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

Oh wait, help him psychoanalyze you.

Uh.

Uhh.

Kage, I'm pretty sure this is Manasi's way of having fun. She's just a naturally swiched-on person.

I'm a LOT more confident in reading Kage than Barto. I've never really been able to place Barto well.

As far as your scum pile, I feel reasonably confident about Sooh. Freely admit that Monty could have just skunked me with that one early post of his that I talked about earlier so I might see myself going there depending on how D2 shakes out.

What makes you think the Dp slot is town? It didn't really do much of anything yesterday.
    Meh. He's at least trying a little bit and relating to the frustration that I'm feeling I think.

I don't know how you can brush someone off after just one post.

Does not compuuuuuuute.

Blog Entries

Kage, before there's a kill, who do you suspect now? Do you think anybody's looked significantly good or bad just from the discussion over this night phase?

Blog Entries

Meh. He's at least trying a little bit and relating to the frustration that I'm feeling I think.

I don't know how you can brush someone off after just one post.

Does not compuuuuuuute.
    Is your Dp read solely from Dp? What about Snerk?

As for Monty... yeah it's not the best of reads to brush someone off on but I still did like the post and I traditionally have a hard time reading him and thought this might have been a good starting point, so. Yeah.

Im really starting to feel old here. When people are talking about me as that strange old geezer every family has.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Is your Dp read solely from Dp? What about Snerk?

As for Monty... yeah it's not the best of reads to brush someone off on but I still did like the post and I traditionally have a hard time reading him and thought this might have been a good starting point, so. Yeah.
    Is your read on Monty solely based on that one post your quoted from him from the beginning of the game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Is your read on Monty solely based on that one post your quoted from him from the beginning of the game?
    No, but I'd say it's currently the predominant foundation of my read.

Kage, before there's a kill, who do you suspect now? Do you think anybody's looked significantly good or bad just from the discussion over this night phase?
    Lets see. I dont like to flip flop. I like to pursue and being wrong about Barto makes me second guess myself. Besides Barto i thought about Logic and Csargo. If Logic is Mafia he is playing well i like his Isos. Csargo i have never being able to read. Csargo deserves fair amount of heat in my opinion. Sooh i forgot in my initial post, which enables her to slip under the radar. Manasi is masking everything with (her?) Behaviour. So i need a connection in order to build a case. Dp/Snerk not much to go with.

Monty i cant tell without a clear slip. You are hard case allways but make a mistake and i will hunt you down. I need more to work with.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Lets see. I dont like to flip flop. I like to pursue and being wrong about Barto makes me second guess myself. Besides Barto i thought about Logic and Csargo. If Logic is Mafia he is playing well i like his Isos. Csargo i have never being able to read. Csargo deserves fair amount of heat in my opinion. Sooh i forgot in my initial post, which enables her to slip under the radar. Manasi is masking everything with (her?) Behaviour. So i need a connection in order to build a case. Dp/Snerk not much to go with.

Monty i cant tell without a clear slip. You are hard case allways but make a mistake and i will hunt you down. I need more to work with.
    I deserve heat because you can't read me? Well okay then, that'll be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I deserve heat because you can't read me? Well okay then, that'll be fun.
    Maybe Logic should make your Iso? That would be interesting.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Maybe Logic should make your Iso? That would be interesting.
    I'm surprised he hasn't yet. Here's to hoping...

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

This post is odd and wolfy, imo. Once I recall voting format I might put one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    This post is odd and wolfy, imo. Once I recall voting format I might put one here.
    Also you know, once it’s day, it’s been so long since I’ve played a game with nightchat that I had forgotten it wasn’t day.

Hm, I just realized that I didn't put Dp in the post I wrote for Kage.

Whatever.

Sorry Dp.
    Is fine, I haven’t been around enough to justify being put in posts.

Either way, Manasi has stepped up her game. I predict she dies tonight.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Apologies in advance. This will be a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Interesting that GH had too little content to judge, though GH had as many posts as Kage and was probably median in post-count.

GH and Logic team, back for revenge?!

Csargo is also tickling me, but I'll have to figure scenarios for the late vote on Dp.

Kage is mysterious and Sooh and Dp are null.

Manasi is lock town and cannot die.
    This is the second time I've quoted this post, but something reads off. Here are some more perceptions of it.

If Monty is scum:
    1.) I highly doubt GH is as well.
    2.) Pocketing Manasi looks likely

Curious about Kage, Sooh, and DP reads. Not just because they are different from mine (read more below on Sooh) but also because there doesn't seem to be much content to it.

See, this is the worst part.

In a thread with such little activity and posting and reads, all mafia really needs to do is post anything worth a shit and they're probably close to cleared.

(In writing this post I mean to say that I'm super townreading Logic but I don't know if I should be.)
    With no other context, I would be reading this as (scum)Manasi is pocketing me or the (town)Manasi feels like she is being pocketed by yours truly. Her follow-ups look different from the Manasi I am used to seeing; this is more effort from her than I recall ever before. WIM, methinks?
    You're asking a lot of questions and not making a lot of statements.

Can you change that for me?

So far from what I can tell you see myself/GH town and like, a bunch of random null reads as your scum?

I feel like there's enough in this thread to get to a point where you're past those level 1 reads that you had earlier yesterday.

Give me something.
    If Manasi doesn't suspect Kage, color me surprised. I certainly do. However, rhetorical questions are the best kinds of questions. Just like being technically correct is the best kind of correct.

New Postcount update

^1 Csargo - 40 (+18)
    ^6 Manasi - 30 (+22)
    v2 Logic - 26 (+3)
    -- GH - 26 (+10)
    ^1 Kagemusha - 20 (+7)
    v1 Zack - 14 (0)
    v2 El Barto - 12 (0)
    v1 Sooh - 12 (+1)
    ^1 Snerk/DP - 16* (+8)
    v1 Montmorency - 11 (+5)

Previous count, for reference
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Prior to this post of mine now, the posts counts are as follows:
    Logic - 23
    Csargo - 22
    GH - 16
    Narrator - 14
    Kage -12
    El Barto -12
    Sooh - 11
    Manasi - 8
    Montmorency - 6
    Snerk/DP combined - 5/3, 8 combined.

Judging off of this alone, I am running on the theory that there is one mafia above El Barto, and one below.

If I am the nightkill, I suspect Csargo or Monty, for comments made in past games that I cannot seem to find at the moment. It depends on how long their memory is for random things I've said. But, I ONLY suspect Csargo if I am the nightkill. He's yet given me pause otherwise.
    If I survive the night I will do more ISOs starting with the lowest posters I have yet to tackle, with an update on those I have gotten to if possible.
    For now, settle for Sooh's ISO:
    Hello everyone! I guess I've been playing Zelda for like 6 hours. Time flies.

Vote: Snerk
    for having too much fun.
    Note this post for later in this ISO. Votes Snerk. Snerk's response is to vote Monty while quoting Sooh, and this poduces the following from Sooh:
    Wow! Vote still stands! This looks amusing as hell!
    NAI
    I don't understand heads or tails of this posting manner, but hoping it'll go away soon. <3
    Responding to Barto's "coding" posting style. NAI.
    How dare you use Zelda against me!
    NAI, but keep note of this for also later in the ISO.
    This is a lovely summary of what has so far been a wonderful game.
    Respoding to Kage's vote summary in post #34. Kage 'thanks' the post.
    For information:
    With about 6 hours to go, Sooh quotes the countdown timer.
    lolwut? Timer doesn't work when quoted?
    NAI
    I guess I should have refreshed the page.
    NAI
    Aw sad. I'll miss you Snerk.

Welcome Dp!

Vote: Unvote
    NAI
    I understand that reference better than anything else, Logic.
    Responding to my joke. At least someone got it.

I'm thinking that I kinda like you for town, and you mentioned Kage. I mean, that wall from anyone but Kage would probably tickle my suspicion, but Kage is a bit intense, and this kinda fits with him.

Other than that I'm pretty much on the same footing as I've been in most org games, which is that I have no clue about people's allignments. Then again I haven't put in very much effort in reading them yet :P
    The longest post by Sooh yet. She's responding to Manasi, who asked her a direct question about what she was thinking.

I don't know Kage well enough to know if "that wall" is weird for anyone but him. It looks kinda like some of the stuff I do. But drawing attention to it again after the fact does seem odd, and out of place to me.

BBC drama Shetland made me forget about this game's existence last night. Oops. I still have no idea how to read Barto, so I prolly wouldn't have stopped his lynch even if I was here.

That being said, doesn't GH usually try to control things more as scum? Here he seems only semi-interested in what's going on. I guess if he's scum and the lynch is going town's way anyway he wouldn't have to be so hands on, but idk. Seems more towny than not for now imo.
    This is the second time Sooh has claimed to be distracted by real life. (Zelda, and now Shetland) This could be a real legitimate answer, as we haven't had an Org Mafia game in months. But for now, this strikes me as a tad suspicious. I see I had rated Sooh too townie initially. Without doing Kage's ISO, I could see a Sooh/Kage team pretty easily.

My suspects right now are Sooh -> Kage -> Monty
    Aliases Yakostovian

Blog Entries

I'm reheating pizza right now.

Csargo 

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast