Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone Mafia [Concluded]

Default Hearthstone Mafia [Concluded]

Game Information:

- This game is based on the digital card game, Hearthstone. The mafia are game designers and the town are overpowered cards the designers spanked with nerfs. There are two mafia and seven town.

- There will be no cults, no jesters, no roles which can influence voting / the lynch, no false alignment reveals. No bastard mechanics.

- Not role madness, but not a simple vanilla cop 9er either. It also might not be totally balanced.

- 48 hour day, 24 hour night. Phase change at 4 pm EDT.

- There is night chat, but I will implement brief no-posting times around the deadlines.

- The last few games got intense and didn't end well, hopefully this can be a bit more fun & friendly to serve as something of a palate cleanser, and also get this section going again.

Player List: 9

Csargo
    El Barto
    GeneralHankerchief
    Kagemusha
    Logic
    Manasi
    Montmorency
    Snerk
    Sooh

Sub List:

Dp101
    Last edited by Zack; 03-26-2018 at 18:40.

Default Re: Hearthstone Mafia

1. Role PMs:
    Don't talk about the role PM, except that you may say what role and alignment you are, any powers you may have.

Do not quote your role PM, do not screenshot your role PM. Don't talk about what time you got the role PM. Don't challenge people to prove their town status by describing the layout or formatting of the role PM. Do not reference it, explicitly or in a way that bends around the spirit of "don't discuss your Role PM." Do not speculate what is in someone's Role PM, do not refer to any wording or pictures in your Role PM, I'd prefer if you refrain from saying "Role PM" altogether. That's not what this game is about.

2. Outside communication:
    Don't talk about this game outside the game thread or mafia chat.

Do not talk about this game with spectators or other players, publicly or privately, outside of this game thread. Unless the game host has given you a specific communication channel to use, private communications are not allowed in this game.

Also, do not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.

3. Voting
    Vote: Zapp Brannigan

During the Day phase, you must Vote: in bold, with a colon (I count votes using ctrl + f "Vote:", so this makes it a lot easier for me). You do not need to unvote to vote for someone else. If you want to unvote, use Vote: Unvote even though it looks weird. To vote for no lynch, use Vote: No Lynch.

Hiding your vote in a spoiler, or some other weird thing, is a good idea if you like not having your vote count.

There is no mechanic for "hammering" a majority lynch before the deadline, and there won't be locked votes in mustlynch.

4. Activity
    Post and vote at least a few times each Day phase.

If you go an entire day phase (48 hours) without any game-relevant posts [e.g. a single post saying "sorry I'm out all day" does not count], I will replace or modkill you, depending on sub availability. If there's a potential issue with your schedule, let me know and we can work it out.

There is no activity requirement for night.

5. Phase lengths
    48 hour days, 24 hour nights
    I know some people like longer or shorter phases, but this is the compromise we all have to live with. Phases end at 4 PM United States Eastern time. I believe this is 8 PM GMT.

6. The right to edit posts (gone in 60 seconds!)
    Do not edit your posts.

First time is a warning, second time your vote doesn't count that phase, third time is a modkill. Pretty simple rule, there's no reason you can't follow it.

If an edited post contains a vote or unvote, that vote doesn't exist and I will act as if it never happened.

7. Tied votes
    First past the post.

If there is a tie, the first wagon to get to that total will be lynched. For example:

Bob has 4 votes.
    Fred has 3 votes.
    Someone changes to Fred, putting him at 4 votes.
    If Bob is still at 4 votes, Bob is lynched.

I use this method because it avoids random chance having a significant influence on the game's outcome, and also avoids delaying the game or being overly complex.

8. Flavor gaming
    I'll discourage it, but it's not explicitly disallowed. It will, however, be useless.

10. Victory
    Town wins when both mafia have been eliminated. Mafia wins when they reach parity with town, or parity is mechanically unavoidable.

11. Sample Role PM

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Unleash the Hounds is ruining the fun for everyone. The problem, in my opinion, is that Unleash the Hounds is so extremely good that it's the one card that makes Hunters viable.

Awesome. Whiny bitches that can't play get their way, as per usual. Now every game will be Zoo Warlock.

Player, you are Unleash the Hounds.

Unleash the Hounds is one of the simplest and most devastating combo cards available to the hunter. It also synergies with several key hunter cards, and can serve a number of different purposes, from card draw to removal to directly defeating the opponent through burst damage. Its low cost allows it to be played alongside several other cards to make these powerful combinations, especially in later rounds.

You are Vanilla Town.

You win when both of the mafia are eliminated.

Good luck, have fun, read the rules, PM me with any questions.

Nerf History!

• Patch 1.0.0.5314 (2014-05-08): Now costs 3 (up from 2)
    • Patch 1.0.0.4458 (2014-1-16): Now costs 2 (down from 4)
    • Patch 1.0.0.4217 (2013-12-10): Has been reworked and now reads: “(4) For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 Hound with Charge”.
    • Previously: Give your Beasts +1 Attack and Charge. [1 mana, Spell, Common]
    • Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Now gives +1 Attack instead of +1/+1.
    • Previously: Give your Beasts +1/+1 and Charge. [1 mana, Spell, Common]

The quotes at the top are taken from the r/Hearthstone subreddit, with occasional spelling edits on my end (some are also mashed together for humorous effect). The top one is pre-nerf and generally explains why the card is unhealthy, bottom is post-nerf whining.

The description and nerf history are from the Hearthstone wiki, and have no relevance to this game other than neat trivia.

12. Anything else
    If you have a question about anything else, ask me PRIVATELY. I will not answer or address questions asked publicly.

* I just remembered - when a player is lynched or dies their full role and alignment will be truthfully revealed.

These rules were mostly copy-pasted from ATPG's Pokemon Mafia.
    Last edited by Zack; 03-26-2018 at 01:34.

Updates:

d1 - El Barto, vanilla town.
    n1 - Montmorency, vanilla town. Sooh is announced Town Innocent Child.
    d2 - Csargo, mafia goon.
    n2 - GeneralHankerchief, town odd-night tracker.

Living Players: 5

Dp101 (replaced Snerk d1)
    Kagemusha
    Logic
    Manasi
    Sooh

Dead Players: 4

El Barto - vt
    Montmorency - vt
    Csargo - goon
    GeneralHankerchief - odd-night tracker
    Last edited by Zack; 04-01-2018 at 21:00.

The game has now officially begun and you can start posting and voting.

Everyone has their PMs. The game has started. If you have any questions, PM me.

Read the rules.

Seriously, read the rules. Don't edit posts, don't talk about Role PMs, etc.

Remember to be civil and that this is a game -- don't be a jerk.

glgl and have fun

Living Players: 9
    @Csargo @El Barto @GeneralHankerchief @Kagemusha @Logic @Manasi @Montmorency @Snerk @Sooh

It is now Day One.

Voting ends in:

First!!!!!! Wowowowowoww Manasi goat

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    [B][SIZE=4]Don't edit posts
    Allow ninja edits of typos pls??

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

$ sudo apt-get player list
    $ sudo apt-get refresh
    $ sudo vote random 1-10 +exclude El Barto

vote: Dp101

target not found

$ sudo vote valid random 1-9 +exclude El Barto

vote: Manasi
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

$ sudo get-apt suspect list
    $ sudo get-apt refresh
    $ sudo get-apt suspect list + classify

This will require 760 TB disk space Confirm Y/N
    y
    848%… done

classification
    lock scum
    Snerk
    Manasi

lean scum
    El Barto
    Zack

lean town
    Kagemusha
    Csargo
    GH
    Logic
    Monty
    Sooh

almost surely town
    n/a

lock town
    El Barto

/end list
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    848%… done

Vote: El Barto
    Last edited by Logic; 03-26-2018 at 21:09. Reason: to bold
    Aliases Yakostovian

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post

FULL DISCLOSURE: I misunderstood the rules about editing posts. My vote: does not count. Sorry folks.
    (I thought I had 60 seconds to be able to make an edit, and Snerk's reply led me to believe it was already there in the rules.)
    Aliases Yakostovian

FULL DISCLOSURE: I misunderstood the rules about editing posts. My vote: does not count. Sorry folks.
    (I thought I had 60 seconds to be able to make an edit, and Snerk's reply led me to believe it was already there in the rules.)
    I reread the rules again, and it looks like I was jumping to strike 2 too soon. Carry on.
    Aliases Yakostovian

'Operation: Silence Logic' is accomplished. 100% success. I repeat, the target is now mute. All units back to base. Great work, crew! Coffee and donuts back at HQ.

Abort donuts! Abort donuts! The target has slipped the net! I repeat: Redshirt is again vocal! Launch 'Operation: Argentinian honey trap with a Scottish twist!'

[B]The last few games got intense and didn't end well, hopefully this can be a bit more fun & friendly to serve as something of a palate cleanser, and also get this section going again.
    We can also note that Town went into 2017 on a hot streak, but as cooperation broke down we've had nothing but painful defeats for a full year.

GO TOWN

Vote: No Lynch
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Hello everyone! I guess I've been playing Zelda for like 6 hours. Time flies.

Vote: Snerk
    for having too much fun.

$ invalid vote detected
    Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    Abort donuts! Abort donuts! The target has slipped the net! I repeat: Redshirt is again vocal! Launch 'Operation: Argentinian honey trap with a Scottish twist!'
    $ sudo evade threat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post

for having too much fun.
    $ sudo open chat
    $ send>> You don't happen to want to spelar lite DotA2 instead, don't you? I've just managed to get the game running properly. Once I've gotten the hand of it again…

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    We can also note that Town went into 2017 on a hot streak, but as cooperation broke down we've had nothing but painful defeats for a full year.

GO TOWN

Vote: No Lynch
    $ sudo get-request explanation

for having too much fun.
    How dare you suggest I derive enjoyment out of these things. I'm all business. vote Montmorency for not being all business.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

$ sudo apt-get player list
    $ sudo apt-get refresh
    $ sudo vote random 1-10 +exclude El Barto

vote: Dp101

target not found

$ sudo vote valid random 1-9 +exclude El Barto

vote: Manasi
    All I can think of is assembly code when I look at this thx for that Barto.
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

How dare you suggest I derive enjoyment out of these things. I'm all business. vote Montmorency for not being all business.
    $ sudo laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    All I can think of is assembly code when I look at this thx for that Barto.
    $ sudo publish message: sorry, I had to spend forty-odd minutes getting gfx drivers to work for DotA (starting at 3 a.m!) and anyway we have next Bunday to celebrate in advance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

$ sudo laugh

$ sudo publish message: sorry, I had to spend forty-odd minutes getting gfx drivers to work for DotA (starting at 3 a.m!) and anyway we have next Bunday to celebrate in advance.
    If I've learned anything from playing DotA, it's that you shouldn't play DotA.

Member thankful for this post:

Logic 

$ sudo publish did you have any bad experiences?

$ sudo publish did you have any bad experiences?
    I've just had a lot of bad interactions with people. The game as a whole is fun and challenging, more so than any other game I have ever played, which is why I still play it though sparingly. It's just the community can be extremely toxic, which kills the enjoyment of what's supposed to be a team game. One bad apple ruins the bunch etc.

Member thankful for this post:

Logic 

for having too much fun.
    Spoilers:

Vote:Sooh

I've just had a lot of bad interactions with people. The game as a whole is fun and challenging, more so than any other game I have ever played, which is why I still play it though sparingly. It's just the community can be extremely toxic, which kills the enjoyment of what's supposed to be a team game. One bad apple ruins the bunch etc.
    $ sudo reply text-format Yeah, the same has happened to me on occasion with mafia. Maybe we could start our own little gaming club…?

$ sudo return to topic Y/N
    Y
    why are you voting for Sooh? I'm tempted to vote for her just for kicks, but the random D1 vote rule is not to be set aside lightly.

Gentle Reminder

Don't edit posts (the "60 seconds" thing is a leftover I forgot to delete from ATPG's rules, but you shouldn't edit posts at all in this game). Votes with an edited post don't count.

Use "Vote:" with the : attached.

Don't ask me questions in the thread or reference communication with the game mod (that's me).

Sounds like deflection.

Spoilers:

Vote:Sooh
    You?

$ sudo reply text-format Yeah, the same has happened to me on occasion with mafia. Maybe we could start our own little gaming club…?
    A Gameroom!

Gentle Reminder

Don't edit posts (the "60 seconds" thing is a leftover I forgot to delete from ATPG's rules, but you shouldn't edit posts at all in this game). Votes with an edited post don't count.

Use "Vote:" with the : attached.

Don't ask me questions in the thread or reference communication with the game mod (that's me).

Zack update nerfs editing. :S
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Damn this is a lot slower than I anticipated. Inclined to vote Monty but I just landed an hour ago and have like 9 hours of class starting soon (tm).

I’m gonna die today.

Wow! Vote still stands! This looks amusing as hell!

$ invalid vote detected

$ sudo evade threat

$ sudo open chat
    $ send>> You don't happen to want to spelar lite DotA2 instead, don't you? I've just managed to get the game running properly. Once I've gotten the hand of it again…
    I don't understand heads or tails of this posting manner, but hoping it'll go away soon. <3

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast