Thread: Error running MTW2 Launcher Replacement v1.2, EBII

Default Error running MTW2 Launcher Replacement v1.2, EBII

Ok, so I know it has been a while since this game has been a thing, but there is still an error in which I cannot play the mod EBII. I have followed all the procedures on the Moddb website, put the download inside a separate file from Program Files, proceeded to put it in E:/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods and installed the launcher. I believe this is the correct way to play the mod, but every time I go to the launcher and click "Start Selected Mod", it says there is an error below status, "Error running 'medieval2.exe': The system cannot find the file specified," I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling the mod & MTW2. I am hoping there is someone out there who can solve this issue for me as soon as possible so I can enjoy this awesome game. Until then, my game can only work when playing under Program Files (x86), even though the directions tell me not to. Thanks.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Error running MTW2 Launcher Replacement v1.2, EBII

Hello Micah, welcome to the .Org and to EB!

Standard question first: did you check the pinned thread with common installation and running problems? The "cannot find medieval2.exe" error occurs when you haven't played unmodded M2:TW at least once before installing/playing the mod.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Error running MTW2 Launcher Replacement v1.2, EBII

Yes, I have opened up the vanilla MTW2, started a campaign and ended the turn, but i still get the same error when trying to play EBII :/