Thread: How do I prevent civil war?

Default How do I prevent civil war?

I am on the easiest difficulty setting and the game seems determined that I will have a civil war. I went through and disbanded all the generals with 0 1 or 2 loyalty and that initially solved the problem. But most of my new armies created after that have a 0 loyalty!!??!!
    What do I do.

Default Re: How do I prevent civil war?

Quote Originally Posted by twopoolesinapod View Post
    I am on the easiest difficulty setting and the game seems determined that I will have a civil war. I went through and disbanded all the generals with 0 1 or 2 loyalty and that initially solved the problem. But most of my new armies created after that have a 0 loyalty!!??!!
    What do I do.
    Not much with this one but it might help: https://steamcommunity.com/app/34526...3320372188741/

From what I remember, low loyalty generals should be kept with the king, the faction needs to win most battles (low influence of the king had some affect, I think), spies and assassins are very useful at finding who and getting rid of them, marrying royal daughters to lower loyalty generals, and being careful with other royal marriages can be helpful.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

An influx of low loyalty generals are usually caused by low influence of the faction leader. There are several ways to increase the influence of the faction leader, the best being to capture provinces. Influence adjusters that I know of:
    • Losing two provinces, -1 influence
    • Capturing two provinces, +1 influence
    • Losing a crusade/jihad, -2 influence
    • Successful crusade/jihad, +1 influence
    • Relieving the siege on an ally, +1 influence
    • Attacking an ally, -1 influence

Poor loyalty can be resolved without disbanding units.
    Micro tips:
    • Titles with loyalty bonuses
    • Marrying princesses to the low loyalty generals
    • Placing a low loyalty general in the same stack as the faction leader raises loyalty.
    • Use spies to frame generals for treason (this can backfire)

Macro tips:
    • The loyalty of a stack depends on the loyalty of the highest command rated general.
    • Place low loyalty generals into stacks with higher command, higher loyalty generals (or the faction leader which automatically commands a stack)
    • If above not possible, isolate low loyalty generals into small stacks. A high command, low loyalty general in charge of a large stack is trouble.

Of course, if the faction leader is utterly hopeless, civil wars can be a good way to reset the faction lines...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Also, build build build.... it helps if you can earn your king his 'great builder' and 'magnificent builder' stripes (+1 and +2 loyalty resp.)
    Generally I find a degree of stack micromangement helps when things look dicey. Let low-loyalty units stand alone, and find the highest possible loyalty general to 'lead' whatever remains in province - the idea is to make rebellion suicidal for the rebels. Get real dodgy types close to the king ASAP.
    I think Drone has covered everything else.
    This is just the short-term measures, of course. Longer term, you need to keep an eye on your royal family, as you may need to prune the tree sometimes.... If you have a really useless looking heir it can help to send him on a one-way mission to bring up your second son as the new heir apparent. Also if you go through a string of brothers inheriting the throne (because sons are still too young), you can get through kings too quickly which seems to reduce your influence or at least reduce the time available to build up good traits.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4