Thread: Life Sucks

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Angry Life Sucks

-removed per request, can be restored on request.-

Thanks. Someone lock the thread, or delete it. Goodnight.
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-06-2018 at 12:31.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (3):

Default Re: Life Sucks

I'm not good with words, so all I can say is that I am sorry to hear this and I believe that everything will always work out in the end.

Also, blowing up imaginary tanks is good for the soul. So is taking over Europe as Luxembourg in EU4.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I'm not good with words, so all I can say is that I am sorry to hear this and I believe that everything will always work out in the end.

Also, blowing up imaginary tanks is good for the soul. So is taking over Europe as Luxembourg in EU4.
    Anything can work out if you can somehow accept how it has worked out.

All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Anything can work out if you can somehow accept how it has worked out.

All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
    Yes, it is not in the events themselves that disturb us but in our opinions of the events.

Stoicism has always had one issue I could not reconcile. While I may find comfort in these words, it always seems callous when given to others in times of struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Yes, it is not in the events themselves that disturb us but in our opinions of the events.

Stoicism has always had one issue I could not reconcile. While I may find comfort in these words, it always seems callous when given to others in times of struggle.
    Not callous, but contrite.

I believe that everything will always work out in the end.
    Am I getting at something? Maybe the effect varies. Sometimes it's an invitation to successive mourning, other times it triggers fear and resentment.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Your parents sounds strikingly similar to my maternal grandparents, one of which is deceased now. I don't particularly like speaking ill of people, especially family, but they weren't particularly good people suffice to say, which sucked a great deal when I was younger. At some point I decided that I didn't want anything to do with them anymore, and limited contact as much as I could outside of family gatherings.

Obviously I can't give you advice about your situation, and I don't really feel like I'm qualified to do so anyways, but I wish you luck in dealing with the struggles you're facing. You've always been an amazing part of this community and a fun person to interact with around here, and I'm sure a majority of people would agree with that sentiment and more. I hope that life begins to get better for you soon friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Life is one of those strange things where you can only recognise and enjoy the good because you understand and have experienced the bad.

I don't think you are after ideas to help improve things and just wanted to know someone is listening to you. I think you can see a few have here been doing that and are rooting for you!

I will lock the thread out of respect for your request. Let me know if you want it restored via private messaging me or using the report function.
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-06-2018 at 16:26.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."