Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rebels [In Play]

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hellooooo.

Thanks Zack xoxo

GH weird so far, feels too easy to push on to Monty.

Csargo null, Zack lock town.

Sooh's already posted more than I expected (xD) so probably okay with her right now.

Overlooked everyone else, I'm in the middle of a JJ episode I'll be back after a phone call love you guys
    Wait. How have I already posted more than you expected?

Sooh saying there isn't enough to go off when I've already solved half of the game smh
    In my defense I said that before you posted :P

Hi Lex

Have we played together before?

Idk but here's me trying: Were I mafia I'd try (and fail) to emulate Zack's approach to this d1. Not too vocal, not too confrontational, while pointing out some flaws in some arguments. unvote, vote: Zack. It's my guess for the d1 vote.

So it's like I thought. What it amounts to is most everyone holding back. That suggests 3 Mafia and a healthy PR mix. No one wants to commit. And don't be fooled by the post count, it's mostly frittering by Manasi, Csargo, and I. I don't know what scum-Manasi would be trying to achieve (other than a general thread-orientation and mood) by her posting, but Manasi clearly looks more like 2017 scum-Manasi than anything. (Honestly Csargo hasn't done much to differentiate from last game, but patience is warranted.)

Csargo
    Zack
    Sooh
    Snerk
    Barto

are all playing studiously null.

Unfortunately, GH is not present enough to make me comfortable toward EOD. I had hoped he would bring some activity and clarify the direction of the round.

100% there is going to be a sudden, Mafia-driven flurry of late-day activity and we won't have a good base from the rest of the day to navigate it. And I'm only sporadically available at EOD.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    So it's like I thought.
    I thought it first!
    What it amounts to is most everyone holding back.
    If I had something I'd give it.
    That suggests 3 Mafia and a healthy PR mix.
    Why?
    Unfortunately, GH is not present enough to make me comfortable toward EOD. I had hoped he would bring some activity and clarify the direction of the round.
    Clarify the direction of the round? Really?

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels [In Play]

Interesting vote by Snerk.

Here's a tally (please check this) and a summary of day activity to guide us:

2 - GH (Zack, Monty)
    2 - Monty (GH, Csargo)
    2 - Zack (LexKat, Snerk)
    1 - Snerk (Barto)
    1 - Csargo (Sooh)
    NO VOTE (Manasi)

*Game begins. Barto makes first vote on Snerk. Zack votes Manasi. Monty susses Snerk and Csargo on basis of flavor and their word choice, votes Zack. GH emerges:
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Lock town

Also not much of a fan of Monty so far.
    Monty posts flavor text about Csargo-Snerk-Zack team, prompting GH to vote him. Csargo questions this and votes GH, feeling it "in [his] soul". Snerk follows suit voting onto GH, pings Sooh and LK.

*Sooh appears and votes Csargo. GH asks whether her vote is legitimate, she claims not.

*Manasi arrives for tweetstorm. GH is shady for push on Monty, Csargo null, Zack lock town. Sooh's posting makes her OK.

*Csargo dislikes Manasi's entrance; on GH vs. Monty:
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Outside of that one post, he seems fairly similar to usual. A bit more engaging than last game though, which is interesting.
    *Zack appears and finds GH's case disingenuous. Zack (voting Manasi) switches onto GH and Snerk (voting GH) switches onto Manasi
    GH quips about Zack being third on wagon

*Manasi's storm: Challenges GH on Monty. If Snerk flips mafia one of his partners is Sooh or Lex-Kat. Csargo now so towny. Zack/Csargo Town, GH scum. Banter between Snerk and Manasi, Snerk sussed for pinging 2 of 3 0-posters, earmark for Zack challenging Manasi on bizarreness of scumread. Csargo towny because mindmeld.

*GH weakly defends probity and seriousness of Monty case, reps Manasi for partner analysis of Snerk

*Csargo asks Manasi about town read, feels his own play is sub-par, tells Zack to get wrecked for voting GH. Gives Manasi scumpoint for claiming to have solved game, Manasi reacts negatively, Csargo switches from GH to Manasi
    Don't bring up the past GH, please, it hurts.
    *Manasi on Manasi wagon:
    LMfao do you [Csargo] actually have a scum read on me
    It's a good thing this wagon is forming now so it has time to fizzle out before EOD.
    Yeah, I do. For various reasons. All of them really good ones as well. The best reasons really.
    Pullin a GH eh? Why would you assume that was the case? Honestly. I can't finish my thought gg class.
    *Monty appears and switches from Zack to GH, becoming next third-on-wagon

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Vote for whomever is third on the bandwaggon and you'll find a mafioso. Supposedly.
    Csargo switches from Manasi to Monty

*Monty banter about claiming with Barto

*LK emerges, offers tally, votes Zack, banters with Barto

*Sooh responds to Manasi's mentions of her, greets LK

*Snerk switches from Manasi to Zack
    Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    Idk but here's me trying: Were I mafia I'd try (and fail) to emulate Zack's approach to this d1. Not too vocal, not too confrontational, while pointing out some flaws in some arguments. unvote, vote: Zack. It's my guess for the d1 vote.

Re: Csargo, he claimed a solid scumread on Manasi and then without commentary voted me as soon as I voted GH. Seems salient.
    Vitiate Man.

Member thankful for this post:

Logic 

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    I thought it first!

If I had something I'd give it.

Why?

Clarify the direction of the round? Really?
    As we've seen in Org games, thread activity has certain thresholds and feedback loops. If there's a low level of activity and for reasons of personal or team strategy people hold their cards close, there's not a spark to get a real train of discussion going. And Logic brought up the possibility of 3 scum and role semi-madness in the setup. I think this thread is what manifests in that scenario. Certainly I'm comparing against the back-to-back small game we just had.

What do you mean? Without GH giving his take on the scene, pushing back on his wagon, suggests rapid revisions in the game state are possible only in late-day commitments. This may be emerging already with the Zack wagon.

The troublesome thing is that it will be very hard to tell what's going on while it's going on.
    Vitiate Man.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

So it's like I thought. What it amounts to is most everyone holding back. That suggests 3 Mafia and a healthy PR mix. No one wants to commit. And don't be fooled by the post count, it's mostly frittering by Manasi, Csargo, and I. I don't know what scum-Manasi would be trying to achieve (other than a general thread-orientation and mood) by her posting, but Manasi clearly looks more like 2017 scum-Manasi than anything. (Honestly Csargo hasn't done much to differentiate from last game, but patience is warranted.)

Csargo
    Zack
    Sooh
    Snerk
    Barto

are all playing studiously null.

100% there is going to be a sudden, Mafia-driven flurry of late-day activity and we won't have a good base from the rest of the day to navigate it. And I'm only sporadically available at EOD.
    So where is everyone else in your list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Interesting vote by Snerk.

Here's a tally (please check this) and a summary of day activity to guide us:

2 - GH (Zack, Monty)
    2 - Monty (GH, Csargo)
    2 - Zack (LexKat, Snerk)
    1 - Snerk (Barto)
    1 - Csargo (Sooh)
    NO VOTE (Manasi)

*Game begins. Barto makes first vote on Snerk. Zack votes Manasi. Monty susses Snerk and Csargo on basis of flavor and their word choice, votes Zack. GH emerges:

Monty posts flavor text about Csargo-Snerk-Zack team, prompting GH to vote him. Csargo questions this and votes GH, feeling it "in [his] soul". Snerk follows suit voting onto GH, pings Sooh and LK.

*Sooh appears and votes Csargo. GH asks whether her vote is legitimate, she claims not.

*Manasi arrives for tweetstorm. GH is shady for push on Monty, Csargo null, Zack lock town. Sooh's posting makes her OK.

*Csargo dislikes Manasi's entrance; on GH vs. Monty:

*Zack appears and finds GH's case disingenuous. Zack (voting Manasi) switches onto GH and Snerk (voting GH) switches onto Manasi
    GH quips about Zack being third on wagon

*Manasi's storm: Challenges GH on Monty. If Snerk flips mafia one of his partners is Sooh or Lex-Kat. Csargo now so towny. Zack/Csargo Town, GH scum. Banter between Snerk and Manasi, Snerk sussed for pinging 2 of 3 0-posters, earmark for Zack challenging Manasi on bizarreness of scumread. Csargo towny because mindmeld.

*GH weakly defends probity and seriousness of Monty case, reps Manasi for partner analysis of Snerk

*Csargo asks Manasi about town read, feels his own play is sub-par, tells Zack to get wrecked for voting GH. Gives Manasi scumpoint for claiming to have solved game, Manasi reacts negatively, Csargo switches from GH to Manasi

*Manasi on Manasi wagon:

*Monty appears and switches from Zack to GH, becoming next third-on-wagon

Csargo switches from Manasi to Monty

*Monty banter about claiming with Barto

*LK emerges, offers tally, votes Zack, banters with Barto

*Sooh responds to Manasi's mentions of her, greets LK

*Snerk switches from Manasi to Zack

Re: Csargo, he claimed a solid scumread on Manasi and then without commentary voted me as soon as I voted GH. Seems salient.
    You seem to misunderstand my humor, which is okay, it's pretty bad tbh. I don't have a solid scumread on anyone at the moment. I thought Manasi deserved more scrutiny than she got in regards to her Snerk comments, the whole thing was odd to me, plus she didn't even vote, very non-committal. I'm not a fan. It's like what GH did but worse imo.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Current Vote Tally (as of Post #100)

2 - GH (Zack #40, Monty #78)
    2 - Monty (GH #14, Csargo #80)
    2 - Zack (Lex-Kat #86, Snerk #94)
    1 - Snerk (Barto #7)
    1 - Csargo (Sooh #28)

Not voting: Manasi

Aliases Yakostovian

So where is everyone else in your list?
    I've mentioned everyone except Lex-Kat (LK), who has just the one introductory post of substance.

You seem to misunderstand my humor, which is okay, it's pretty bad tbh. I don't have a solid scumread on anyone at the moment. I thought Manasi deserved more scrutiny than she got in regards to her Snerk comments, the whole thing was odd to me, plus she didn't even vote, very non-committal. I'm not a fan. It's like what GH did but worse imo.
    So you're fine with lynching in Manasi, GH, Monty?

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Uh oh. Crunchy moments.
    Vitiate Man.

I've mentioned everyone except Lex-Kat (LK), who has just the one introductory post of substance.

So you're fine with lynching in Manasi, GH, Monty?

Uh oh. Crunchy moments.
    Ah, I must have glanced over that then.

I'm fine with lynching anyone at this point. There's no one that has stood out as particularly townie from my perspective. Of the people playing I'm most suspicious of Manasi, GH, Zack, and you so far. The rest are null really.

I've got a test in about and hour, but I should be back before EoD hopefully. I'll reassess then, hopefully people with be around.

Hi Lex

Have we played together before?
    I don't think so? I only posted for one other game here, back in 2015, and I failed to play. I am trying to be better about it this time.

And since that means I am an unknown on this site, I will try to rectify that... somewhat. I am a quiet player. I don't try to make a lot of flashy posts about nothing just to talk. I usually respond to other posts.

I still think Zack is suspicious, but that could be said for a lot of players, since it is only Day 1, and it is hard to get a good read on anyone at the beginning of the game.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm catching up and will do a general "take on the thread" post once this is done, but for now I'm just letting everyone know that I'll be afk/on mobile for the weekend starting in 4 hours and my activity level will be spotty at best.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh crap, didn't realize we had under 30 minutes. That can wait. Will try to get it in regardless.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Monty, it's fair to say that you've been fairly active this round, and I appreciate your summary of the game, but the thing that strikes me about it is that there aren't really any conclusions. In my experience I find a lot of narration without much opinion tacked on is a mafia trait, because it looks like you're doing something when you're actually not. So, if you're around, my main question would be what conclusions you drew, if any, from that exercise?

Blog Entries

Ok, let's briefly talk about the other leading wagon, Zack.

I'll first preface this by saying that I historically do not have a good read on Zack. And FWIW it goes both ways, which I think he'll freely admit. Secondly, he has a lack of commentary in general this phase. The only things we've seen from him are a) his being skeptical of my case on Monty, and b) his being skeptical of Manasi's case on Snerk. This is kind of interesting because I think both Manasi and myself are the people he's most friendly/comfortable with in general in this game.

So what does this mean? First of all, it's not nearly enough data for me to be able to read him accurately. It doesn't really strike me as odd the fact that he's singling out both Manasi and me to interact with; if he was only gonna do it to two people I would expect we be the two. I do think town!Zack would work to develop a more holistic take of the gamestate in general so I'm a bit worried that he hasn't, but that could also just be a general lack of enthusiasm on his part and him not really being fully in the game yet.

It's not enough for me to be fully comfortable with placing a vote on Zack yet. I might do it for self-pres reasons but I'm also ok with risking a rand to get the person who I feel is more likely to flip guilty - Monty. Especially considering that I'm not going to be around much for D2 (but I'll be fine on D3 should we get there).

-------

So my suggestions, should I die, are as follows:

- Hold Zack's feet to the fire. Get him to give takes on everybody, not just the usual suspects.
    - Csargo is probably town, let him do his thing.
    - Manasi is... uncertain? I really did like her Snerk take, regardless of its accuracy. I kind of want to see it explore it more. Further study required, see how she acts on D2. Gun to my head, town.
    - Ask for Zack's take on Barto because apparently he's a better Barto reader than I am. See if it passes the smell test.
    - Get Lex-Kat comfortable enough to let her do her thing. Don't worry L-K, Barto was joking. Probably.
    - Just have Snerk keep getting into a groove. In spite of Manasi's case I kind of dug his most recent posts, I think he's trying to approach the game and figure it out in his own way.

Hm. Not sure what this makes the team. Not really going to worry about that right now.

I'll be around until EOD if anyone else is.

Monty, it's fair to say that you've been fairly active this round, and I appreciate your summary of the game, but the thing that strikes me about it is that there aren't really any conclusions. In my experience I find a lot of narration without much opinion tacked on is a mafia trait, because it looks like you're doing something when you're actually not. So, if you're around, my main question would be what conclusions you drew, if any, from that exercise?
    That Mafia don't want to engage, unless Manasi is Mafia muddying the waters. There wasn't much to conclude about individual players, as I pointed out, especially you since you were absent after beginning of day.

2-2-2 is something you don't want to disrupt anyway, unless LK or Csargo are scum and set it up. But both being scum is unlikely, and scum wouldn't like to create a triple tie and I liked LK's entrance well enough.

Maybe I could see scum shying from taking up your case and voting me, thus making Zack the counter wagon. But that's something to investigate in hindsight.

I don't see much reason not to lynch you right now and let the night hat sort the rest. Unless you want to lynch Manasi?
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

That Mafia don't want to engage, unless Manasi is Mafia muddying the waters. There wasn't much to conclude about individual players, as I pointed out, especially you since you were absent after beginning of day.

2-2-2 is something you don't want to disrupt anyway, unless LK or Csargo are scum and set it up. But both being scum is unlikely, and scum wouldn't like to create a triple tie and I liked LK's entrance well enough.

Maybe I could see scum shying from taking up your case and voting me, thus making Zack the counter wagon. But that's something to investigate in hindsight.

I don't see much reason not to lynch you right now and let the night hat sort the rest. Unless you want to lynch Manasi?
    So you think the mafia are basically in your pile of nulls then, plus me? For the most part the active people were townie?

I don't particularly want to lynch Manasi today, as outlined above.

-------

Also this really isn't much of anything but I think there's only two mafia and not 3 as someone pointed out.

Vote:Manasi

I pointed that out. I think the evidence becomes clearer later, so it's just a possibility to entertain.
    Vitiate Man.

Vote: Manasi

On phone, so no more reasoning for this phase.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Zack vs. me. vs. Manasi. Wasn't expecting that.

Vote: Zack

Just to say: GH more likely to post himself clear with time
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Actually not sure what I want to do here. Don't know how I feel about things all of a sudden.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

DAY 1 OVER

DO NOT POST
    Aliases Yakostovian

3 - Zack (Lex-Kat #86, Snerk #94, GH #114)
    2 - Manasi (Csargo #111, Monty #113)
    1 - GH (Zack #40,)
    1 - Snerk (Barto #7)
    1 - Monty (GH #14)
    1 - Csargo (Sooh #28)

Not voting - Manasi

Zack was lynched

“It's just something about the feel of their helmets on my fists.”
    Zeb

Zack, you are Garazeb "Zeb" Orellios. You win when the Rebels have reached parity with the Empire.

You have the chance to recruit Agent Alexsandr Kallus to the Rebel Side.

Begin Night 1.
    Since it'll be my weekend,
    Night Ends APPROXIMATELY

@Csargo
    @El Barto
    @GeneralHankerchief
    @Lex-Kat
    @Manasi
    @Montmorency
    @Snerk
    @Sooh

You may Post

DEAD:
    Zack, Day 1
    Last edited by Logic; 04-13-2018 at 18:53.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Blog Entries

Initial feeling is that the zack wagon is clean, assuming 2 mafia. If 3, less certain. Manasi CFD attempt skeeved me out a bit. Think Monty might be a little better looking than Csargo from it?

Also think Manasi looks decent ish just because she was a semi out of nowhere counterwagon attempt vs a flipped mafia.

Will have more later before I leave.

Initial feeling is that the zack wagon is clean, assuming 2 mafia. If 3, less certain. Manasi CFD attempt skeeved me out a bit. Think Monty might be a little better looking than Csargo from it?

Also think Manasi looks decent ish just because she was a semi out of nowhere counterwagon attempt vs a flipped mafia.

Will have more later before I leave.
    Look at their interactions. The likelihood of them being scum together is pretty high imo. There's no way you cannot see that. I've been harping on Manasi for the better part of the entire phase, so I'm not sure why you're surprised my vote went there at EoD.

Honestly, no idea why Monty switched in the end, but Manasi was definitely worthy of voting there I think.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast