Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rebels [In Play]

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    In that case then first I'll vote: Snerk and then i'll get on to answering Monty's posts.

btw Csargo is online upvoting posts but he isn't posting nor voting, so I'm highly tempted to vote for him instead.
    I'm just waiting for Sooh to confirm Monty's claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Also, I don't see the point of arguing when we're the de facto lynches the next two days. Since Monty shot someone.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

The point of arguing is that I know what my alignment is but I don't know yours so I'd rather lynch somebody who might just win us the game.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

The point of arguing is that I know what my alignment is but I don't know yours so I'd rather lynch somebody who might just win us the game.
    So, then what do you want to argue about?

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Lynching you over me?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Lynching you over me?
    I mean, your first post in the thread was a vote on Snerk, and then all subsequent posts lacked any sort of substance and were mostly jokey. You never moved from Snerk, which is fine, but you weren't doing anything related to trying to progress any sort of reads, at least publicly.

You could say I did the same though, so we're still at the same impasse. I voted Manasi at the end of the round though, and you could say that was an attempt to save Zack. I pushed Manasi previously in the round though, so I feel like my move was justified at least somewhat by my previous statements, etc.

So basically it comes down to who people think is scummier.

It just comes down to the opinions of the four other players to decide that really.

If it weren't for all of D1, I would probably vote for Snerk.
    @Sooh

You're our only hope
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well I'm sorry I've rubbed you the wrong way today Monty. Perhaps I've had too much coffee. Or not enough coffee I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    You could say I did the same though, so we're still at the same impasse.
    That's why I said ‘lynching you over me’.

That's why I said ‘lynching you over me’.
    Sorry, my brain is mush today.

Basically, you'd lynch me because I've done more, which with hindsight looks far worse than your low-key coasting.

Basically, you'd lynch me because I've done more
    Nah, nah, your brain is really mush. I'd lynch you because you're not me and there's probably no other viable candidate at this point, with a town this inactive.

Nah, nah, your brain is really mush. I'd lynch you because you're not me and there's probably no other viable candidate at this point, with a town this inactive.
    Look we've come full fucking circle mate. NO U!

Vote: El Barto

Vitiate Man.

Look we've come full fucking circle mate. NO U!

Vote: El Barto
    Vote: Csargo then, for teh lulz.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Policy:
    1. It would have been nuts for Snerk to pile onto Zack on D1, with minimal pressure on either of them, with Zack holding a conversion power, with only either 2 or 3 more day phases to survive. Not even Pizza would pull this type of crap.
    2. If LK is scum, let her have her busing lurker victory
    3. The mechanically simplest scenario involves lynching Barto and Csargo

We have nothing to fear but fear itself
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Policy:
    1. It would have been nuts for Snerk to pile onto Zack on D1, with minimal pressure on either of them, with Zack holding a conversion power, with only either 2 or 3 more day phases to survive. Not even Pizza would pull this type of crap.
    2. If LK is scum, let her have her busing lurker victory
    3. The mechanically simplest scenario involves lynching Barto and Csargo

We have nothing to fear but fear itself
    1) Snerk's not that good, so the odds are heavily in favour of your being right.
    2) Why?
    3) Csargo and Barto, I'd prefer.

I'm not good enough to play terrible? Well thank god for that.

Tally, I believe:

Snerk: Lex
    Barto: Monty, Snerk, Csargo
    Csargo: Barto

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Tally update as of post # 198

3 - Barto (Snerk #162, Monty #164, Csargo #193)
    1 - Snerk (Lex-Kat #175)
    1 - Csargo (Barto #195)

Aliases Yakostovian

Let's make it interesting unvote, vote: Csargo

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

2 - Barto (Monty #164, Csargo #193)
    2 - Csargo (Barto #195, Snerk #200)
    1 - Snerk (Lex-Kat #175)

El Barto was lynched.
    “This is gonna be fun. Very fun.”
    Sabine Wren

El Barto, you are Sabine Wren. You win when the Rebels have reached parity with the Empire.

In lieu of the Rebel team kill, you may elect to send a player a mysterious package. The player receiving a mysterious package may elect to open it in lieu of their normal night action 1 night after receipt. If it is not opened, the player expires at the end of the day night phase after the choice has been made. Once per game, you may elect to send both the normal nightkill and the mysterious package in the same night. This does not stack with Zeb/Zack's recruitment ability.

THE EMPIRE WINS

Lex-Kat“Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.”
    Darth Vader

Lex-Kat, you are Darth Vader.
    You are team Empire and win when both of the Rebels are eliminated.

When you are lynched, the person you are voting for may also be killed if you so choose.

"Attention rebel ship, this is Commander Vult Skerris of the Imperial Navy. You are harboring a traitor to the Empire, surrender immediately or be destroyed."
    Vult Skerris

Csargo, you are Vult Skerris.
    You are team Empire, and win when both of the Rebels are eliminated.

You have 1x antidote, which cures any countdown kill abilities, usable only at night.

"It is true. I am the vaunted Imperial Ace, Baron Valen Rudor."
    Valen Rudor

Snerk, you are Baron Valen Rudor.

You have 1x antidote, which cures any countdown kill abilities, usable only at night.

I]"It will be done, Grand Admiral.” [/I]
    Rukh

Montmorency, you are Rukh.

You have a 1x Vigilante kill. You begin the game knowing the identity of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn does not know your identity.

“There are things in the universe that are simply and purely evil. A warrior does not seek to understand them, or to compromise with them. He seeks only to obliterate them.”
    Thrawn

Sooh, you are Grand Admiral Thrawn.
    You are on team Empire, and win when both of the Rebels are eliminated.

You have 2x poison. A poisoned player expires at the end of the following night phase if not cured. You may use a poison to cure someone of the poison condition.

Logic's thoughts
    OK, so I fouled this up a bit. I thought the optional recruitment, ability to intentionally delay the nightkill, and the other powers would have made up for town's advantage, but it turns out you guys are just better at figuring things out than I thought. I sincerely apologize to anyone that feels that I hamstrung them, or served up an unfair game.
    Last edited by Logic; 04-16-2018 at 18:44.
    Aliases Yakostovian

ggs

Logic 

Excellent. I love a good town rompage. GG everybody and thanks to Logic for hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    OK, so I fouled this up a bit. I thought the optional recruitment, ability to intentionally delay the nightkill, and the other powers would have made up for town's advantage, but it turns out you guys are just better at figuring things out than I thought. I sincerely apologize to anyone that feels that I hamstrung them, or served up an unfair game.
    Nonsense. Town got lucky with it's d1 lynch and used the momentum to steamroll. Stuff like that is hard to account for, even more so in small games.
    Last edited by Snerk; 04-16-2018 at 18:31.

Logic 

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

GG all!

Game was fun but I do think there was maybe one or two many powers running around. Kind of hard to account for swinginess in a game this small. Thanks for hosting Logic!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Logic 

GG Town, no thanks to me.

GH MVP

Sorry Manasi

Barto, you had to swing first because Csargo was just purer lately.

Get wrekt scum

TOWN IS BACK

@Logic

THAT's really a lot of killing roles. If we hadn't lynched Barto today, would there even have been a lynch round afterwards, one way or another?

Also, weren't you using Zack's post-deadline vote tiebreaker method. Barto looks to have been lynched randomly.
    Vitiate Man.

9 players is too few for delayed NKs IMHO
    Vitiate Man.

Logic 

GH MVP

Sorry Manasi

Barto, you had to swing first because Csargo was just purer lately.

Get wrekt scum

TOWN IS BACK

@Logic

THAT's really a lot of killing roles. If we hadn't lynched Barto today, would there even have been a lynch round afterwards, one way or another?

Also, weren't you using Zack's post-deadline vote tiebreaker method. Barto looks to have been lynched randomly.
    I may be mistaken*, but I had thought that I stated "first past the post**" for tie votes. I shall have to go back and check my rule setup. My deadline for acceptable votes was 10:00 my time, so I'm not sure what tie-breaker method you were expecting.
    9 players is too few for delayed NKs IMHO
    Yup. I figured that out when the Rebels said the Mysterious Package was not really worthwhile.
    C'est la vie. OR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you prefer.

*I was not mistaken
    **This was indeed the rule posted initially, and never changed.
    Last edited by Logic; 04-16-2018 at 19:26.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Nah. D1 and N1 was a toss-up and you handled D2 just fine. GG

So my hunch that GH could be converted was right, my other hunch (that Manasi wouldn't be vigged) was not.

*sigh* I remain the sole mislynch of the current mafia season at the .org.
    @Logic: if you feel you've fouled up… nah, you didn't, not quite. The town lucked out by hitting Zack on the basis of… nothing at all, really. Masons might be overpowered in such a small game, but they never got to use their powers. Games this small give such strokes of luck too big an influence and it's fair (well, not really, seeing as I lost, but you get the point ) to just give them the win sometimes.

So, all in all, thanks for hosting and, next time, just make it so that anybody voting for me dies the painful death they deserve.

Logic 

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to plug the Rebels show, and @Csargo's wicked mustache.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast