Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rebels [In Play]

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Star Wars: Rebels [Concluded]

Game Information:

- This game is based on the Star Wars: Rebels TV show. The mafia are the protagonists of the show and the town are Imperial Antagonists that appear within. There are at most 3 mafia and seven town.

- There will be no cults, no jesters, no roles which can influence voting / the lynch, no false alignment reveals. No bastard mechanics.

- There are more roles than I initially intended, but I wouldn't call it role madness. It also might not be totally balanced.

- 48 hour day, 24 hour night. Phase change at 10 AM PDT.

- There is night chat, but I will implement brief no-posting times around the deadlines.

- Several of the last few games got intense and didn't end well, so hopefully this can be a bit more fun & friendly to serve as something of an additional palate cleanser, and also get this section going again.

Player List: 9
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Csargo
    @El Barto
    @GeneralHankerchief
    @Lex-Kat
    @Manasi
    @Montmorency
    @Snerk
    @Sooh
    @Zack

Sub List:
    none at this time

Rules
    1. Role PMs:
    Don't talk about the role PM, except that you may say what role and alignment you are, any powers you may have.

Do not quote your role PM, do not screenshot your role PM. Don't talk about what time you got the role PM. Don't challenge people to prove their town status by describing the layout or formatting of the role PM. Do not reference it, explicitly or in a way that bends around the spirit of "don't discuss your Role PM." Do not speculate what is in someone's Role PM, do not refer to any wording or pictures in your Role PM, I'd prefer if you refrain from saying "Role PM" altogether. That's not what this game is about.

2. Outside communication:
    Don't talk about this game outside the game thread or mafia chat.

Do not talk about this game with spectators or other players, publicly or privately, outside of this game thread. Unless the game host has given you a specific communication channel to use, private communications are not allowed in this game.

Also, do not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.

3. Voting
    Vote: Zapp Brannigan

During the Day phase, you must Vote: in bold, with a colon (I count votes using ctrl + f "Vote:", so this makes it a lot easier for me). You do not need to unvote to vote for someone else. If you want to unvote, use Vote: Unvote even though it looks weird. To vote for no lynch, use Vote: No Lynch.

Hiding your vote in a spoiler, or some other weird thing, is a good idea if you like not having your vote count.

There is no mechanic for "hammering" a majority lynch before the deadline, and there won't be locked votes in mustlynch.

4. Activity
    Post and vote at least a few times each Day phase.

If you go an entire day phase (48 hours) without any game-relevant posts [e.g. a single post saying "sorry I'm out all day" does not count], I will replace or modkill you, depending on sub availability. If there's a potential issue with your schedule, let me know and we can work it out.

There is no activity requirement for night.

5. Phase lengths
    48 hour days, 24 hour nights
    I know some people like longer or shorter phases, but this is the compromise we all have to live with. Phases end at 10 AM United States Pacific time. I believe this is 5 PM GMT.

6. The right to edit posts
    Please do not edit your posts. I will permit a one minute grace period.

The first time is a warning. The second time your vote doesn't count that phase, third time is a modkill. Pretty simple rule, there's no reason you can't follow it.

If an edited post contains a vote or unvote, that vote doesn't exist and I will act as if it never happened.

7. Tied votes
    First past the post.

If there is a tie, the first wagon to get to that total will be lynched. For example:

Bob has 4 votes.
    Fred has 3 votes.
    Someone changes to Fred, putting him at 4 votes.
    If Bob is still at 4 votes, Bob is lynched.

I use this method because it avoids random chance having a significant influence on the game's outcome, and also avoids delaying the game or being overly complex.

8. Flavor gaming
    I'll discourage it, but it's not explicitly disallowed. It will, however, be useless.

10. Victory
    Town wins when both mafia have been eliminated. Mafia wins when they reach parity with town, or parity is mechanically unavoidable.

11. Sample Role PM

“Make no mistake. From now on, failure will have consequences.”
    ―Tarkin

Player, you are Grand Moff Tarkin.

You are Vanilla Empire.

You win when both of the Rebels are eliminated.

Good luck, have fun, read the rules, PM me with any questions.

12. Anything else
    If you have a question about anything else, ask me PRIVATELY. I will not answer or address questions asked publicly. Any complaints/critiques about the game setup during the game may be directed privately. After the game, you may complain or critique about setup publicly if you desire, but please keep such concerns constructive.

* I just remembered - when a player is lynched or dies their full role and alignment will be truthfully revealed.

These rules were mostly copy-pasted from Zack's Heathstone Mafia, which was itself copied from ATPG's Pokemon Mafia.
    Last edited by Logic; 04-16-2018 at 20:33.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

It is now Night 1.

Game Updates
    Player
    Role/Faction
    Died
    Zack
    Zeb/Rebels
    Day 1
    GeneralHankerchief
    Agent Alexsandr Kallus/Empire
    Night 1
    Manasi
    The Grand Inquisitor/Empire
    Night 1
    El Barto
    Sabine Wren/Rebels
    Day 2
    Last edited by Logic; 04-16-2018 at 20:39.
    Aliases Yakostovian

The game has now officially begun 1 hour early, and you can start posting and voting.

Everyone has their PMs. The game has started. If you have any questions, PM me.

Please read the rules. Don't talk about Role PMs, etc.

Remember to be civil and that this is a game -- don't be a jerk.

glgl and have fun

Living Players: 9
    @Csargo
    @El Barto
    @GeneralHankerchief
    @Lex-Kat
    @Manasi
    @Montmorency
    @Snerk
    @Sooh
    @Zack

It is now Day One.

Voting ends in:
    Last edited by Logic; 04-11-2018 at 17:10.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Member thankful for this post:

Logic 

Csargo is super evil. I feel it in the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    So you're saying he's Town? Smells like a slip.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Logic 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

vote: Snerk for not doing an ISO of Csargo.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Csargo 

Vote: Manasi

Logic 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    No comment. I plead the fifth. Help, help I'm being repressed.

Logic 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

He said all that without an ISO to back it up so I'm not moving my vote. The Random Number Gods command it.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    No comment. I plead the fifth. Help, help I'm being repressed.
    So you're against the violence inherent to the system, eh? Sounds like a slip.

Time to stir the hornet's nest.

Vote: Zack

Zack-Csargo-Snoke
    Vitiate Man.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Vote: Manasi

Lock town

Also not much of a fan of Monty so far.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Logic 

Will you tell us, Bothan? Tell us what we need to know?
    “But I don’t know!” Zack cried. “I know nothing of what you ask!”
    Effortlessly, the Stormtrooper snapped Csargo's tether, and hoisted him before him, held him as though he were a doll. Snerk shrieked,
    “Papa! Papa!”
    Once again the question thundered through Zack's soul. He wept, tore at the turf.
    “I don’t know! I don’t know!”
    Beneath the huge trooper's gauntlets, Csargo went very still, like a calf caught in the jaws of a wolf. His terrified eyes turned from Zack, and rolled upwards beneath their lids, as though trying to peer at the figure behind him.
    “Csargo!” Aëngelas screamed. “Csaargoooo!”
    Animal violence overcame Zack , and he strained at his leash, gagged inarticulate fury.
    And a husky voice in his soul said: You will come to know the power of the Dark Side …
    “Beaaassee!” Zack wept. “I don’t knoooowww …”
    The Dark Side …
    “I don’t know! I don’t! I don’t! Beaase stop! Beaasse!”
    Zack crumpled, grasped his head between his hands, beat his face against the turf.
    The cold felt good against his broken lips.
    And again they asked the question.
    I don’t know …
    These things make you weak, the Imperial Officer said, watching his soldier tossing Csargo like a sack to cold grasses. With a look, he gave him to the slavers. Once again, he asked the question.
    The monster then gave his weeping son—sweet, innocent Snerk—to the slavers, and once again asked the question.
    I don’t know what you mean …
    Always, the same mad, incomprehensible question.
    Who are the Rebellion?
    Vitiate Man.

Members thankful for this post (2):

LogicSnerk 

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Monty
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels [In Play]

BTW I was going for spicy, not mean guys. Sorry.

It was stylistically designed to be harsh, and I couldn't undo that, but I tried to diminish the effects of it.
    Vitiate Man.

Logic 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    So you're against the violence inherent to the system, eh? Sounds like a slip.

Time to stir the hornet's nest.

Vote: Zack

Zack-Csargo-Snoke

Logic 

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Lock town

Also not much of a fan of Monty so far.
    Why not?

BTW I was going for spicy, not mean guys. Sorry.

It was stylistically designed to be harsh, and I couldn't undo that, but I tried to diminish the effects of it.

Logic 

Come to think of it, isn't this pocketing?
    Vitiate Man.

Come to think of it, isn't this pocketing?

Logic 

Will you tell us, Bothan? Tell us what we need to know?
    “But I don’t know!” Zack cried. “I know nothing of what you ask!”
    Effortlessly, the Stormtrooper snapped Csargo's tether, and hoisted him before him, held him as though he were a doll. Snerk shrieked,
    “Papa! Papa!”
    Once again the question thundered through Zack's soul. He wept, tore at the turf.
    “I don’t know! I don’t know!”
    Beneath the huge trooper's gauntlets, Csargo went very still, like a calf caught in the jaws of a wolf. His terrified eyes turned from Zack, and rolled upwards beneath their lids, as though trying to peer at the figure behind him.
    “Csargo!” Aëngelas screamed. “Csaargoooo!”
    Animal violence overcame Zack , and he strained at his leash, gagged inarticulate fury.
    And a husky voice in his soul said: You will come to know the power of the Dark Side …
    “Beaaassee!” Zack wept. “I don’t knoooowww …”
    The Dark Side …
    “I don’t know! I don’t! I don’t! Beaase stop! Beaasse!”
    Zack crumpled, grasped his head between his hands, beat his face against the turf.
    The cold felt good against his broken lips.
    And again they asked the question.
    I don’t know …
    These things make you weak, the Imperial Officer said, watching his soldier tossing Csargo like a sack to cold grasses. With a look, he gave him to the slavers. Once again, he asked the question.
    The monster then gave his weeping son—sweet, innocent Snerk—to the slavers, and once again asked the question.
    I don’t know what you mean …
    Always, the same mad, incomprehensible question.
    Who are the Rebellion?
    Give us more.

Logic 

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Give us more.

Alright, that's enough pop culture for one round. Floor is open.
    Vitiate Man.

Logic 

Vote: GH

I feel it in my soul. Honest.

Feeling the call of the random number gods is most compelling evidence that you actually do have a soul.

So you're saying he's Town? Smells like a slip.
    These are not the scums you're looking for.

GH lock scum. Vote: GH

Logic 

@Sooh and @Lex-Kat. Sup?

Current Vote Tally

2 - GH (Csargo, Snerk)
    1 - Snerk (Barto)
    1 - Manasi (Zack)
    1 - Zack (Monty)
    1 - Monty (GH)

Not voting/Posting: Lex-Kat, Manasi, Sooh

Aliases Yakostovian

I ALMOST FORGOT THIS GAME EXISTED OMG!

Hi :D

I ISOed Csargo.

Pretty sure he's a bad boy.

Vote: Csargo

Logic 

Blog Entries

Why not?
    It just feels like theater from him (more than usual, anyway). There wasn't any real hint of, like, that townie paranoia.

I think I'm finally being able to get a bead on Monty after all these years of not being able to so I want to explore the feeling and see if I'm right.

Blog Entries

I ALMOST FORGOT THIS GAME EXISTED OMG!

Hi :D

I ISOed Csargo.

Pretty sure he's a bad boy.

Vote: Csargo
    I know that part of this is playing into the joke, but is any bit of the vote legitimate?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast