Thread: Gameroom issue

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Gameroom issue

So yesterday I started having an issue with loading Gameroom threads, these were the older games (GH's first few games) where they wouldn't load at all. The newer threads in the Gameroom would load, but they were significantly slower loading than threads in other parts of the forum. Now today I can't load any threads in the gameroom at all, but can load threads in other parts of the forum. I've also tried on my phone with and without wifi, and am having the same issue.

I can't load the Org issues and improvement thread either it seems with the same issue.

So it does eventually work, but it takes a long time (>30 secs), where everywhere else loads almost instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: Gameroom issue

I'd noticed something similar with one or two older threads. I've optimised some of the database tables; hopefully that'll have resolved the issue. Let me know if not.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

It's significantly faster than it was earlier, still delayed compared to other parts of the forum.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

I'll run a few more maintenance tools to see if things speed up. They'll take a few hours to run.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

How's the speed now?

It seems about the same as it was the last time I posted. It takes about 4-5 seconds to load a thread in the Gameroom, while it's like 1 second everywhere else.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Impatient youngsters these days

When I was still young, which was only a few decades ago, it sometimes took minutes to load a page and you were happy about it!
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Members thankful for this post (5):

I've been investigating various slow threads on the Org over the past few weeks. It seems that a mod I introduced to ensure all images are served over https (so we get the green padlock) was introducing a substantial delay in page loading times, particularly with older threads.

If people could check their signatures and other images and ensure that are served over https that would be a great help. Often this just means changing http to https in the link. This is particularly true of images that are no longer available (eg the hosting server is no longer online). It's possible I can modify certain links automatically, particularly to major hosting sites.