Thread: Fun History

Default Fun History

So I revisited the 2013 Saxon Showdown game whence the Pizza quote sigged by El Barto. It was designed to be a mafia royale vs. super-network showdown, but unfortunately the Town network never got off the ground and one Mafia faction (the one that recruited Pizza, of course) dominated the rest.

(I survived 3 attacks as townie and made it to parity for a unique death.)

@nl.
    @Zack
    @GeneralHankerchief

I bring this up because there is a great subthread between Visor, Pizza, GSC and myself:

Quote Originally Posted by nl. View Post
    Bring me the head of Yay!/Jarrema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Bring me the head of Yay!/Jarrema.
    Unvote, vote: Gaius Scribonius Curio
    I'll have you vigged if you don't vote Yay.
    Ooooh, that's not the way you get pizza to cooperate. I'm a bit more independently-minded than all that.

You'll hit a townie, and I'll actually laugh at you. Go right ahead.
    Laugh at me all you want. I'm in no mind to negotiate this other then the deal set. You work with me now, I work with you later.
    But, if I lynch a scumbag now, I get to boast about it. And besides, that's more fun than following orders.

You speak of working together, but the price of that is to face execution if I don't follow your orders. That's not a partnership, and anyone who believes that it is needs to spend some time with me in New Jersey again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Ah, but if you lynch a townie, it is entirely on you - may be more fun, won't be more useful...

I wonder, would you still boast about it?
    I will drink to the glory of the town, and laugh at the cruel winds of fate.

A townie should try to kill scum, not be led around by the nose by self-appointed rulers and dubious offers of cooperation.

I will, however, reconsider my position on my own terms. Even if I am right, there is plenty of time to figure that out. Don't think I won't try.

Jarema, you won't be saying Yay! much longer.

Unvote, vote: Yay/Jarema
    (I modified the quote)

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    A townie should try to kill scum while being led around by the nose by host-appointed rulers and portunate offers of vassalage.

Instruct us, hegemon!

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Fun History

The second reason I bring this game to your attention is because the host came out strongly pro-editing of posts.

Or at least, strongly against edit-policing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Well then you could have just quoted that part.

I won't let people edit their votes, just the rest of the post. There is no problem with that and I've played more games here that use that rule than the no editing whatsoever rule. For example, the last large game you played had the exact same rules as this one regarding editing. Many hosts don't explicitly state it like I have but those are the rules that are often followed. This is the standard way...
    I can scroll through the forum and point out games you have played in that use the exact same system if that will make you feel any better.

And there are ways to check if the actual votes have been edited, just not by members.

I have debated on this issue before and I firmly stand by this system.
    Good times.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: