Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-65)

Default Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-65)

Hey,

after two years of development we are proud to introduce our first title "Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-65)".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjOn1R1Vk8

We´re a small team of historical enthusiast, spending their free time on developing a new series about conflicts during 17th-19th centuries.
    "The Civil War (1861-65)" will have a real time campaign mode, as well detailed battle. A supple system, historical Orders of Battle, hundreds historical commanders, re-enactment and combat footage from LionHeart FilmWorks, and an original soundtrack of old time music and drum and fife band....

For more information visit our new website: http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/index.html or follow us on https://www.facebook.com/GrandTactician/ or https://twitter.com/Grand_Tactician.

Members thankful for this post (2):

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-65)

Looks rather cool, will it work on a chromebook, my laptop said kthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Looks rather cool, will it work on a chromebook, my laptop said kthxbye
    Hey Fragony,

we don't have any official system requirements yet, but I'm afraid a chromebook is not enough. However we'll not release in 2018, so you have some time to repair your laptop.

Today we released our first FAQ, you can check it here:

http://www.grandtactician.com/theciv...sked-questions
    Last edited by Haithabas; 05-06-2018 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Haithabas View Post
    Hey,

after two years of development we are proud to introduce our first title "Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-65)".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjOn1R1Vk8

We´re a small team of historical enthusiast, spending their free time on developing a new series about conflicts during 17th-19th centuries.
    "The Civil War (1861-65)" will have a real time campaign mode, as well detailed battle. A supple system, historical Orders of Battle, hundreds historical commanders, re-enactment and combat footage from LionHeart FilmWorks, and an original soundtrack of old time music and drum and fife band....

For more information visit our new website: http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/index.html or follow us on https://www.facebook.com/GrandTactician/ or https://twitter.com/Grand_Tactician.
    great stuff i will keep an eye on it. This game could have amazing potential. I have already started to spread the word. So it seems like even the campaign map is done in real time, you can than switch to battle mode?
    Last edited by total relism; 05-06-2018 at 23:18.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.” Malcolm maggeridge

The simple believes every word: but the prudent man looks well to his going. Proverbs -14.15
    The first to present his case seems right,till another comes forward and questions him -Proverbs 18.17

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    Genesis 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    great stuff i will keep an eye on it. This game could have amazing potential. I have already started to spread the word. So it seems like even the campaign map is done in real time, you can than switch to battle mode?
    Yes, real time campaign. And when two opponent armies meet together, you switch to the battle mode. Very similar to Total War. However the battle mode is not like TW games, more like "Scourge of War". Even multiple days battle are possible.

Member thankful for this post:

Yes, real time campaign. And when two opponent armies meet together, you switch to the battle mode. Very similar to Total War. However the battle mode is not like TW games, more like "Scourge of War". Even multiple days battle are possible.
    sounds amazing. I always hoped for a game like this, loved scourge of war as well.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.” Malcolm maggeridge

The simple believes every word: but the prudent man looks well to his going. Proverbs -14.15
    The first to present his case seems right,till another comes forward and questions him -Proverbs 18.17

Genesis 1.1

You should add a forum section to your site.

Genesis 1.1

Hey,

in our latest "Engineer Corps Log Book" Ilja talk about multi–day battle mechanics and resupply:

The Bloody Day Ends

Peter

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

It all sounds really ambitious, I hope your intentions will pay off, I have been kinda waiting for something like this, I take it you can lose a game very slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    It all sounds really ambitious, I hope your intentions will pay off, I have been kinda waiting for something like this, I take it you can lose a game very slowly
    Thank you!

Stay tuned for more informations every month. We are also planing to release more gameplay trailers, but this is not our top priority right now.

35 minutes gameplay of (1st) Battle of Bull Run as the Union

We hope you like it!

And as always: "everything shown in this video is subject to change!"

Members thankful for this post (3):

Hey,

we´re back again with our latest dev blog! This time about paper maps and handwriting.

Check it here: Engineer Corps Log Book

Peter

P.S. don´t forget to click the market terms to see all the screenshots.
    Last edited by Haithabas; 09-14-2018 at 09:28.

Hey,

we´re back again with our latest dev blog! This time about paper maps and handwriting.

Check it here: Engineer Corps Log Book

Peter

P.S. don´t forget to click the market terms to see all the screenshots.

I just shat myself. This game sounds amazing.

General’s Papers.

The first paper presented to you, when starting a battle, is the map. Instead of a traditional minimap you see in most games, we decided to go for a full screen map, drawn in historical style, showing the overall situation of the battle... the staff would have made during the Civil War for their commander. The Excel of its time, the report will keep track of everything from service history to breakdown of strength of the units, to victories in combat and ranking within the army. How many men have deserted or have fallen sick? And who is your most experienced commander? Look no further. Player can browse the order of battle in the reports, from army overview to single brigades.

In the headquarters the staff also keeps copies of briefings, as well as the battle field objectives and their status. One noticeable detail is how good the hand writing of the officers was, before the type writer and modern ruggerized computers! When creating the forms, we used real forms as reference, from the condition and look of the paper to fonts. Some of the telegrams you will see, are those really received by the generals during the war. When going through The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies – Correspondence I have also learned quite a lot about how words were used differently back then – and then portray this in the papers you will see in the game to-day... As the player cannot be everywhere, we decided to teach the AI commanders to send short dispatches when something of note happens. Whether they capture an objective, run into contact with an enemy, or run low on ammunition, a messenger will deliver the information to you to review....are adding in the game to capture the Civil War -atmosphere. We hope they will help immerse You, the player, to enjoy the game even more.

Genesis 1.1

Wow! The attention to detail is impressive. I like the direction the development of game is going. Restricting the view of the player and having to rely on dispatches from your commanders is a refreshing change to commanding your army. It reminds me of a computer game called Waterloo (Amiga/PC) in the 90s where you could only see the battlefield around you and you issued orders or received reports delivered via messengers from/to commanders elsewhere on the field. I loved the limitation the design put on you and haven't seen anything similar until now. Definitely looking forward to seeing the final product. Thanks for sharing the updates here.
    This space intentionally left blank

35 minutes gameplay of (1st) Battle of Bull Run as the Union

We hope you like it!

And as always: "everything shown in this video is subject to change!"

What I think I like best is the line of sight [or lack of it] it can really make the game strategic. It will make the use of terrain so much more important as well as maneuvering instead of just clashing. Smoke blocking vision? beautiful and historically accurate. I hope the causalities happen slow at a realistic pace like norb soft dev.

Genesis 1.1

What I think I like best is the line of sight [or lack of it] it can really make the game strategic. It will make the use of terrain so much more important as well as maneuvering instead of just clashing. Smoke blocking vision? beautiful and historically accurate. I hope the causalities happen slow at a realistic pace like norb soft dev.
    Thanks guys!

At the beginning of the war, most of the units will tend to break/route than taking high casualties. Later in the game with more experienced commanders, soldiers and better weapons, the casualties will noticeably increase.

And yes the terrain will be important, but also time, fatigue and moral!

Ok, the last update for the next weeks

Battle of Chickamauga:

Ok, the last update for the next weeks

Battle of Chickamauga:

I love the messaging system and the sound of the units and muskets. Cannons bombing in the distance. I wish you guys the best of luck.

Genesis 1.1

Great looking game.

Hey,

if you missed the latest dev blogs...here they are:

Battle AI- all about the AI concepts

Visual Presentation-all about graphics

Members thankful for this post (4):

Hey,

if you missed the latest dev blogs...here they are:

Battle AI- all about the AI concepts

Visual Presentation-all about graphics

cant wait for info on the campaign side of the game.

Hey,

check out our latest Pre-Alpha Battle Game Play: Perryville, Part I:

All battlefield features are implemented, but please take into account it´s still Alpha.

Edit

Pre-Alpha Battle Game Play: Perryville, Part II:

Last edited by Haithabas; 01-18-2019 at 09:57.

First "Campaign Map" teaser and "Economy: Part I"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	22391

What's In A Campaign Map?

Name:	18.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	22392

Keeping Armies Supplied

First "Campaign Map" teaser and "Economy: Part I"

Name:	16.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	22391

What's In A Campaign Map?

Name:	18.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	22392

Keeping Armies Supplied

Just keeps getting better.

Name:	23.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	22755

Summer Campaign In Motion

This time we talk about the progress was made on the campaign map in the last weeks.

Learn more about the campaign map and gameplay:

Grand Strategy

Name:	OverviewMap.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	23212

Learn more about the campaign map and gameplay:

Grand Strategy

Name:	OverviewMap.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	23212

Keep the updates coming, thanks.

Genesis 1.1

Keep the updates coming, thanks.
    Here we go!

First Campaign Video:

Enjoy!

We are almost there!

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Looks neat! But how does this compare with Ultimate General: Civil War?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast