Thread: ROME 2 most cost effective units???

Default ROME 2 most cost effective units???

ROME 2 most cost effective units???

for me ,SUEBI GERMAN 's club levy is the most cost effective unit,(200 gold to recruit,50 gold upkeep)...
    i use club levy as whole army group of suebi's war machine from starting to 1/4 campaign map,lost for 5 battles only...becoz outnumbered and outstrength...fighting roman legions,celts,german hordes,greek hoplites....just outmatch by celt chosen swordsmen,oathsworn,....

second is the spanish iberian swordsman(350 gold recruit,80 gold upkeep) and egytian infantry (200 gold recruit,60 gold upkeep)

why iberian swordsman?coz it wipe out my 3000 libyan hoplites's army in 2 minits!!!1 to 1!!!

iberian swordsman=melee attack 35,weapon damage 35,bonus vs infantry 0,charge bonus 20,melee defence 60,armor 15,health 50,morale 40,
    club levy= melee attack 20,weapon damage 15,bonus vs infantry 10,charge bonus 16,melee defence 41,armor 40 health 50,morale 30,
    egyptian infantry= melee attack 14,weapon damage 24,bonus vs infantry 0,charge bonus 8,melee defence 39,armor 55,health 45,morale 30,

does anyone have any better cheaper units in mind??plz show out.....and dun forget to tell the story!!!
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-06-2018 at 05:35.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Default Re: ROME 2 most cost effective units???

1 more =late libyan hoplites(300 gold recruit,90 gold upkeep)
    late libyan hoplites=melee attack 24,weapon damage 20,bonus vs large 30,charge bonus 20,melee defence 39,armor 80,health 45,morale 45,300 gold recruit,90 gold upkeep,
    libyan hoplites= melee attack 24,weapon damage 20,bonus vs large 30,charge bonus 20,melee defence 39,armor 55,health 45,morale 45,270 gold recruit,80 gold upkeep,
    i have fought with late libyan hoplites with plenty battles(cannon foddles!)with 80 armor and 45 morale,they sure can hold the
    line,especially as fine cavalry killers,i use them as main regulars,and carthage hoplites and libyan infantry as elite assault troops...

if you guys love to hire mercenaries,you must use carthage!!!carthage sure a mercenaries faction,25% reduction of mercenaries upkeep cost,another reduction of 15% from technology,plus dignitary,you dun even need to pay them at all!!!i try that oredi!!!=0 upkeep

use barcid dynasty,coz it got <loyal troops>=+15% morale for mercenaries,and <pioneers>=+15% movement range for all armies and fleets!!!
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-05-2018 at 13:20.

Scythian Hoplites were a very nice find for me when I was playing Cimmeria.
    They're only slightly inferior stats to the standard Hoplites but considerably cheaper to purchase & upkeep.

They made a great shield-wall for my massed archer/horse archer armies.

Edit: Also Tarantine Cavalry, you get the impressive damage output & router chasing of javelin skirmishing cavalry but with decent melee especially vs other skirmishers/light infantry.
    Last edited by hoom; 05-05-2018 at 17:54.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Another one that should be really obvious: Thureos Spears.
    They're pretty cheap, nice big shield & OK armor lets them hold a line quite well, spears for anti-cav & javelins for shock keeps them useful as a 2nd rank/flank unit when you have more elite stuff available.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

yeah!!! high armor and javelin for distant kill makes them very valuable!!! yes!!! indeed!!! if cannot afford hoplites can recruit thureos spears to hold the line first!!! and they got square formation to make them hold very long time!!!