Thread: Forum upgrade downtime

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Forum upgrade downtime

The forums will be offline Saturday afternoon UK time for an upgrade. It shouldn't take more than a few hours.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Members thankful for this post (2):

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: Forum upgrade downtime

Upgrade complete. There have been some changes to how signature and post images from certain sites are linked. Also, the search index had to be recompiled. This will take many hours.

Please post any issues in this thread.

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Search function back online.

I think this counts as an issue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b405a456-c4ea-49aa-b7d2-a7a73c8d6659.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	20754

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Yup, a template didn't merge quite right. Fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by therother View Post
    Yup, a template didn't merge quite right. Fixed now.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Not sure if it's relevant to the update or not, but my account logs out automatically, despite ticking the ''Remember me'' box. Moreover, when I log in, instead of getting immediately directed to the main index, a message appears saying something about invalid URL. It doesn't happen to any other forum I visit (but there aren't many anyway).

That's odd. Trying clearing your cookies and cache, restart the browser and see if that resolves the issue.

I did it, but nothing changed. The weird thing is it happens randomly. For example, in my second visit, I'm not logged in. I don't bother to do anything and leave the site immediately. Then in my third visit, surprisingly I'm automatically logged in, but in the fourth I am not.

That sounds like an issue your end. Can you try with another browser? What style are you using?

Mozilla. I checked it in Chrome and the issue persisted. I used the front-page style, so I'll try something else and tell you the results. By the way, now that I logged in, the front-page style had changed (without me doing anything) into the ''Guild'' and the 6 messages glowing in my ''Notifications'' tab disappeared.

Same thing in Shogun 1 style, I am going to try Shogun 2. Not very optimist, to be sincere. Anyway, it's not a big deal, so nothing to worry. The only thing that startles me is why my notifications suddenly disappeared.