Thread: Battlefield V

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Battlefield V

Here we are - BF V, with a WW2 setting!

Last edited by edyzmedieval; 05-24-2018 at 12:31.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Battlefield V

The trailer is terribly confusing, it looks as though the allies and axis are distributed across the battlefield in some checkerbox pattern instead of an actual front.
    The protagonists appear like some rag-tag commando unit instead of actual soldiers.
    On the one hand it reminds me of Battlefield Bad Company, the only two Battlefields I bought near release and actually played a lot, on the other hand we still don't know what the monetarization will be exactly and how the actual gameplay is.

The only other thing of note for me is how nonchalantly they entered a prosthesis, I only noticed she had one towards the end of the trailer. I saw some people complain that there is a woman in there in the first place, but that really shouldn't surprise anyone given the team's "uniforms", I'm sure the guy on the left is half Mexican and the guy in front is from the LGBT community so that we have all the important US minorities in one picture for maximum profit.
    No, it (representation and customization) is not a bad thing unless they call it a simulator.

I'm 50:50 so far, could go either way depending on gameplay and monetarization. The war stories for single player sound intriguing, but only if they're actually good and not super short.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

So, isn't it just like a slightly less realistic Battlefield One?

Sci-fi elements a la Silent Storm?

Muh realism.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BZmY3YWNkZWUtN2IyZS00NTBmLThkYmYtMTZlYjA0MjAzYTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	20762

/Haven't played a Battlefield game since 2006.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I learned to enjoy Silent Storm until it became a worse Mech Commander, but that was only the end IIRC.

A bit like how I enjoyed Jagged Alliance 2 until everyone became laser accurate and had to use rocket guns or whatever.

I'm assuming you are referring to the combat suits in BF1? Where exactly are the sci-fi elements in the trailer?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Maybe a bit too early now that WW1 is doing so well, WW1 is really refreshing as a setting. Why is the Korean war basicly neglected in just about anything, the most ignored (incredibly brutal) war that just seems to not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I learned to enjoy Silent Storm until it became a worse Mech Commander, but that was only the end IIRC.

A bit like how I enjoyed Jagged Alliance 2 until everyone became laser accurate and had to use rocket guns or whatever.

I'm assuming you are referring to the combat suits in BF1? Where exactly are the sci-fi elements in the trailer?
    Bionic arm, vehicles, and some of the stuff going on in the background.

Maybe the visuals just confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Maybe a bit too early now that WW1 is doing so well, WW1 is really refreshing as a setting. Why is the Korean war basicly neglected in just about anything, the most ignored (incredibly brutal) war that just seems to not exist.
    http://www.scmp.com/news/china/socie...chinas-censors

A Korean War setting would likely not sit well with the CCP.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Bionic arm, vehicles, and some of the stuff going on in the background.
    I didn't see any of that. The arm is not a bionic arm, it's like these ones, purely mechanic:

I'll have to look again about the futuristic vehicles, they looked mostly real to me.

edit: I don't see anything that didn't exist. Early on there are British tanks, Churchills and maybe a Matilda or so, then there's a Tiger and later on a Brummbär or Sturmtiger in the background. A few vehicles in between that are hard to identify, but overall they seem real, including the airplanes. I remember there's a Me 109 and the V1, both of which existed.

Of course the "stuff going on" is not very realistic, even in the foreground.
    Last edited by Husar; 05-25-2018 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I didn't see any of that. The arm is not a bionic arm, it's like these ones, purely mechanic:

I'll have to look again about the futuristic vehicles, they looked mostly real to me.

edit: I don't see anything that didn't exist. Early on there are British tanks, Churchills and maybe a Matilda or so, then there's a Tiger and later on a Brummbär or Sturmtiger in the background. A few vehicles in between that are hard to identify, but overall they seem real, including the airplanes. I remember there's a Me 109 and the V1, both of which existed.

Of course the "stuff going on" is not very realistic, even in the foreground.
    I thought I saw a lot of electronic effects going on. Must be all the colors and rapid movement.

Very colors.
    Vitiate Man.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    So, isn't it just like a slightly less realistic Battlefield One?

Sci-fi elements a la Silent Storm?

Muh realism.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BZmY3YWNkZWUtN2IyZS00NTBmLThkYmYtMTZlYjA0MjAzYTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	20762

/Haven't played a Battlefield game since 2006.
    So I am not the only person who played Silent Storm, love that game, awesome gameplay and hilarious quotes

If you play Battlefield 1 or BF4, you can get BF V special items as you progress.

Proud

Been to:

First footage of Battlefield V - Grand Operations.

Proud

Been to:

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Alpha gameplay.

Proud

Been to: