Poll: Do you think this name change will be a success?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: IHOP is no more. We now have IHOb!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Question IHOP is no more. We now have IHOb!

International House of Pancakes is now International House of Burgers!

Link

What do you think?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Default Re: IHOP is no more. We now have IHOb!

Can it really be international if I have never seen one?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Far be it from ME to assert that they are in any way misnomered…
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is like the American-Football World Series with only teams from the USA in it. USA = The World.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Let's hope they never go online as International Steak House Internet Tavern.
    Sometimes good people must kill bad people to protect the rest of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Miles View Post
    Let's hope they never go online as International Steak House Internet Tavern.
    Now that you say it, "I hob" is Bavarian for "I have", make of it what you want.

"I hob koa Bier mehr" - "I have no beer left"
    Last edited by Husar; 06-13-2018 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    It is like the American-Football World Series with only teams from the USA in it. USA = The World.
    That's a common misconception. The World Series (which is baseball, not American football) was named after its first sponsor, a New York newspaper named The World. The newspaper has been out of business for a long time, so I don't know why they don't change the name, but it never constituted a claim that the World Series is a world event, like the World Cup is.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    They have locations in Bahrain, Canada, Dubai (UAE), Guatemala, Kuwait, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and The Philippines, so unless Trump has annexed an awful lot of countries while my back was turned, I'd say they're international.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Members thankful for this post (2):

The kids liked the original name because it matched well with the kangaroo mascot that IHOP used to use many years ago. Now they're turning more to a direction that has more competitors, and this would make IHOb a very generic restaurant. I think the pancake restaurant market has less competitors.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 06-14-2018 at 03:00.
    Wooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    That's a common misconception. The World Series (which is baseball, not American football) was named after its first sponsor, a New York newspaper named The World. The newspaper has been out of business for a long time, so I don't know why they don't change the name, but it never constituted a claim that the World Series is a world event, like the World Cup is.
    What about NBA World Champions? The same story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    What about NBA World Champions? The same story?
    The copied it off the World Series? Or they're just being parochial? I've no idea.

Arthur Conan Doyle

The copied it off the World Series? Or they're just being parochial? I've no idea.
    AFAIK, they have dropped "the world", but in the time of Jordan it was that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

They have locations in Bahrain, Canada, Dubai (UAE), Guatemala, Kuwait, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and The Philippines, so unless Trump has annexed an awful lot of countries while my back was turned, I'd say they're international.
    They could sponsor me a week-long trip to one of those to convince me. Please!?!

Member thankful for this post: