Thread: Ritual Suicide

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I have played several SP campaigns and moved along steadily until my reign of terror is abruptly ended by some rival horde. most notably Hojo, Oda and Uesugi. Now, once they bash my best armies (with superior numbers, ahem), all my territories are left open to be taken with little resistance. Now, usually at this point I'll start over, but viewing my Shogun directory, I've found a movie depicting Diamyo suicide. I would find thes helpful to me to obtain closue in a game when I am thummped my the AI (please no snickers!). What do you think? And don't tell me i'ts morbid! Also, taisho suicide (for which there is also a movie) could get rid of those poor generals and perhaps give his former units an honor bonus due to his honorable sacrifice. Realism my friends is most honorablr.
    Silence is beautiful

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

I've never had the Daimyo suicide play for me, though i assume it could do, often happens for the AI though. It comes when a daimyo is cut off and defeated repeatedly, he commits suicide through shame. it often happens with rubbish generals, get them enough defeats and you can force it, the best way is invasions with just the generals units again and again and again. withdraw them without combat so he doesn't get killed, eventually he'll become so ashamed he commits seppuku.

------------------
    Unless the Persians fly away like birds, hide in the earth like mice, or leap into a lake like frogs, they will never see their homes again, but will die under our arrows
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

I think it happens when your Daimyo reaches minus honour, I don't know. I am personally more partial to allowing my Daimyo to fight to the death and meet it with honour on the battlefield. BTW, what is the difference between seppuku and seppugen? I have heard both terms used.

leave low honour behind Quote Originally posted by Running Backwards:
    I have played several SP campaigns and moved along steadily until my reign of terror is abruptly ended by some rival horde. most notably Hojo, Oda and Uesugi. Now, once they bash my best armies (with superior numbers, ahem), all my territories are left open to be taken with little resistance. Now, usually at this point I'll start over, but viewing my Shogun directory, I've found a movie depicting Diamyo suicide. I would find thes helpful to me to obtain closue in a game when I am thummped my the AI (please no snickers!). What do you think? And don't tell me i'ts morbid! Also, taisho suicide (for which there is also a movie) could get rid of those poor generals and perhaps give his former units an honor bonus due to his honorable sacrifice. Realism my friends is most honorablr.[/QUOTE]

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Quote Originally posted by Sengoku:
    I think it happens when your Daimyo reaches minus honour, I don't know. I am personally more partial to allowing my Daimyo to fight to the death and meet it with honour on the battlefield. BTW, what is the difference between seppuku and seppugen? I have heard both terms used.[/QUOTE]

Daimyo's will commit suicide if they have been defeated in battle and nowhere to run, e.g, all the territories around the province where you defeated him are not his.
    --RADAN--
    (The SAMURAI HERO Ashigaru)
    A member of CLAN..what no CLAN??

I had purposely made my daimyo suicide once. By simply loose more than five, and the poor fellow couldn't take it anymore and sliced and diced himself.

------------------
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

By Radan
    Daimyo's will commit suicide if they have been defeated in battle and nowhere to run, e.g, all the territories around the province where you defeated him are not his.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit confused when one of the Oda Daimyo started at -1 honour

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

But I wanna do it! I'm the Diamyo! Hee hee. Seriously though, one failure should warrent suicide. They are samurai afterall.
    Silence is beautiful

Whenever I have negative generals I simply put them in with my Daimyo and that way they are hidden and do not affect the other units.

As far as getting to that point where you can not win - hit the 'Esc' key and Quit. I think that choosing to 'top' your Daimyo is like killing that Portugese shit - don't hold your breath on our being able to do it any time soon.