A friend of mine, Edward Dunferline, and I started playing some coop MP battles in Attila, giving the AI some advantage to make it more challanging and inventing all kinds of different scenarios. That turned out to be a lot of fun and soon we came up with the idea to link up our scenarios in a kind of campaign. We were playing Franks vs. Romans and if we won, we could go on to conquer the next city but if we loose, we had to fall back and defend the previous one.

Then we thought it could be cool to track our progress on a campaign map. And this map could be posted up at a forum for other players to watch - and to join in if they want.

So here we go. Below is the first map of what we could call a Multiplayer Battle Campaign.

We play as the Franks, with a capital at Flevum in the North. A harsh winter has driven us to cross the river Rhine and start a settlement in the fertile land near Colonia Agrippina. While the governor of the proince has given us permission to settle there, the local commander wants to drive us off and take the good land for himself. He soon finds a cheap excuse to attack our camp.

So in the first battle we now have to defend our encampment against a roman army. As Edward and I are only young and low ranking Frankish nobles, we only have tier 1 units at our disposal, whereas the Romans can use all that is available to them. Let's see if we can hold the camp or get pushed back across the Rhine.