Thread: Does it?

Default Does it?

Hi everybody,

Does loyalty has any effect on income? Does it worth to build watch tower at the first turn for sake of economy? Or should I concentrate on 20% farmland improvement? Or should I concentrate on building fort for sake of military evasion first? Which one do you play and why?

Thanks.
    MoKuS.

Default Re: Does it?

Ok. I just check that watch tower does not affect the economy. It however improves loyalty. It seems that loyalty doesn't affect economy!

It seems that acumen also doesn't affect economy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoKus View Post
    The acumen of the governor affects the income the province generates. Try to have governors with 4+ acumen (and a couple of dread to keep the province more loyal). It is ecpecially important for high-income provinces (Flanders, Egypt, Constantinople, Venice).
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Ok. I just check that watch tower does not affect the economy. It however improves loyalty. It seems that loyalty doesn't affect economy!
    Indirectly, it does. The more loyal the province, the higher you can raise the taxes. You generally want to keep province loyalty above 120%, there are many different ways to affect province loyalty and lowering taxes is one big way to do it. But that comes at an economic cost.

Watchtowers give +20% loyalty, forts give a bonus as well but I'm not sure how big it is.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

The only situation acumen of the governor doesn't affect the economy is when he has 3 acumen which means he's mediocre. If he has less than 3 acumen you'll get less and if more than 3 you'll get more income from a province.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    The only situation acumen of the governor doesn't affect the economy is when he has 3 acumen which means he's mediocre. If he has less than 3 acumen you'll get less and if more than 3 you'll get more income from a province.
    I move governor with different acumen and the income does't change!

I am playing on easy difficulty. Could this be because of that?

Yes. I start a campaign with hard difficulty and realize that acumen and dread affect the income and the loyalty of the province.

I move governor with different acumen and the income does't change!
    You just give a title to a commander which makes him governor and it affects province immediately, no matter of distance. It works on any difficulty.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    You just give a title to a commander which makes him governor and it affects province immediately, no matter of distance. It works on any difficulty.
    In my case the modifier only works at medium and higher difficulty. Thanks anyway.

In my case the modifier only works at medium and higher difficulty. Thanks anyway.
    ? In your case ?!? That's not possible ! I suggest you recheck your figures...

Quote Originally Posted by DEB8 View Post
    ? In your case ?!? That's not possible ! I suggest you recheck your figures...
    In my case things are as I mentioned. I checked it a few times. Are you using the steam version?

In my case things are as I mentioned. I checked it a few times. Are you using the steam version?
    No. Disc version ( Sega ).

[ I find it very strange that you seem to accept that your version operates differently from other peoples. ]

You say "I move governor with different acumen and the income does't change!" Can you give some more information here ?
    This may help to enable forum members to ascertain the problems source.

[ I.E. Did you remove the title from the original governor ( using an Emissary "drop" etc. ) ?
    Did you allot another unit with a different acumen level as the new governor ? ]

No. Disc version ( Sega ).

[ I find it very strange that you seem to accept that your version operates differently from other peoples. ]

You say "I move governor with different acumen and the income does't change!" Can you give some more information here ?
    This may help to enable forum members to ascertain the problems source.

[ I.E. Did you remove the title from the original governor ( using an Emissary "drop" etc. ) ?
    Did you allot another unit with a different acumen level as the new governor ? ]
    I assign a unite with good acumen a title and check the income and loyalty before and after assignment. They are basically the same. This is however true in easy level.

You say they are basically the same. So it appears that they are not exactly the same. Hence a difference appears to have occurred...

[ NB : Loyalty will not change unless a unit general has a different ( Higher ? ) Dread rating. ]

You should note that some provinces have very low income. Any "change" to one of these can therefore be rather small.
    You should also note that some Vices and Virtues applicable to Generals reduce a provinces income ( by between approx. 5-20% each ). Perhaps you chose a new one with poor / bad Vices and Virtues...
    Last edited by DEB8; 10-03-2018 at 21:52.

You say they are basically the same. So it appears that they are not exactly the same. Hence a difference appears to have occurred...
    I am sorry. I should say that they are exactly same.
    [ NB : Loyalty will not change unless a unit general has a different ( Higher ? ) Dread rating. ]

You should note that some provinces have very low income. Any "change" to one of these can therefore be rather small.
    You should also note that some Vices and Virtues applicable to Generals reduce a provinces income ( by between approx. 5-20% each ). Perhaps you chose a new one with poor / bad Vices and Virtues...
    Thanks.

I am sorry. I should say that they are exactly same.
    OK... I can only guess then, that if the new governor had more acumen listed ; that the Vices and Virtues for him show either an Acumen deduction or an Income Penalty of some kind, which offsets the initial Acumen bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Indirectly, it does. The more loyal the province, the higher you can raise the taxes. You generally want to keep province loyalty above 120%, there are many different ways to affect province loyalty and lowering taxes is one big way to do it. But that comes at an economic cost.

Watchtowers give +20% loyalty, forts give a bonus as well but I'm not sure how big it is.
    watchtowers and border forts iirc give cumulatively +50%[+20% and +30%].. after that its the town watch that gives some iirc and then its the church/mosque..

Acumen of the governor increases/decreases the province's wealth, and acumen of the King is applied to the whole kingdom income if memory serves..

If you keep the governor within the province while you make improvements to it - instead of him being away - he'll get traits from the improvements you build further adding to province productivity/wealth..