Thread: Read this!

Default Read this!

Hi,my name is Andrei and I have 23 years old. :)

(read it if you like any of the total war games,because if everything goes well,many other total war games instructions will come)

I played Rome total war when I was really young,now I got it again and I still love it! (a little bit OBSSESED with it)
    I saw that Rome total war like others video games doesn't have to many instructions,except prologue and that little women in top-left of the screen who tells you most of the time some obvious things.

I want from all of you who knows how to play this game instructions,tips and tricks!

I want to do some short videos with instructions on youtube for people like me,who don't know how many other possibilities you have to do in Rome total war.

I want to know everything like:

- things on the map: What all buildings do?What spys,diplomats,assassins can do?Strategies in how to conquer a city or the all map? How to reduce the unhappiness of the city? How to combine same incomplete units in one?how to play with other countries? How cheats works?etc.

- things on the battle field: What every unit does? What special things every unit have?Which are the best strategies for fight? etc.

AND ALL THE THINGS POSSIBLE FOR A PLAYER TO DO IN THIS GAME I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT FROM YOU!

I will do short videos on youtube with me doing your tips practically,so nobody will have to read from 10 sites 100000 pages just to find 1 thing new that can actually make this game even better.

For example,I didn't knew that in a city with the building "Arena",if you upgrade "Arena" enough,you can make that city unhappy so they can riot and retake the city without to many efforts,because the rebels from the city with a "Arena" are way more weak than a city that riots without a "Arena",who has a much more powerfull army of rebels.

I will wait for all of your instructions,tips and tricks,even if it is just 1 tip written in 5 words. So what do you say?Even if is a obvious tip it is acceptable.

I will give special thanks in video by writing your Nick name in it,just if you want.

(I hope I didn't violate any rules on this site,because I didn't take time to read all of it.And I don't know if I speaked 100% correctly grammaticly,but I will correct myself!)

SO LETS FIND ALL THE THINGS AND STRATEGIES YOU CAN DO IN THIS GAME SO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY IT WILL KNOW!!!
    I WILL NEED YOUR GUYS HELP AND FEEDBACK! ;)

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Read this!

Well, one of the things you could advice on your videos could be playing mods, as there are a handfull of great mods that completly change the game for better. You could talk about Roma Surrectum III, Europa Barbarorum, Rome Total Realism VII, and others.
    If you want to give tips, you could talk about how forts can be used to serve as frontier posts, to stop the AI to enter your territory or delay the AI.
    How some cities in Rome are to far away that from time to time they will rebel so the best way is to keep some troops in the city and when it starts again to rebel, you remove the troops, wait for it to rebel and then besiege the city.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

How some cities in Rome are to far away that from time to time they will rebel so the best way is to keep some troops in the city and when it starts again to rebel, you remove the troops, wait for it to rebel and then besiege the city.
    You should read the ZPG (Zero Population Growth) thread in the RTW forum for a better alternative
    High Plains Drifter

That seems to me a far better idea, but since I don't play rome anymore, I will skip it, sorry ;)