Thread: Worth It?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Worth It?

Maybe i'm missing it but I don't see anything posted on this game recently. Steam is not kind to this game as far as ratings so i'm hesitant. I'm certainly not a good gamer at this point nor as demanding, but is it fun and relatively free of bugs? is it playable and has flavor?
    TIA for any answers.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Worth It?

It's a weird game.

On one hand, the UI / graphics / UX is superb, it's one of the best out there. It's gorgeous and the Viking Age themes go in perfectly.

On the other hand, the game lacks detail - and this was done on purpose. It's very streamlined and the campaigns are not that fun because of limited food resources that are used by armies.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Thank you Edy, that's what the reviews do warn of. I think I will steer clear. Too bad they messed it up. Hoping this next one based in Chinese history won't be that way. Hoping they aren't doing that to the franchise.
    Take care.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'd agree with edyz, I like the style of the game, but the actual gameplay is a bit bland and annoying imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Thanks Csargo, will def pass on this one, what a shame too.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeola View Post
    Thanks Csargo, will def pass on this one, what a shame too.
    Yeah, I was pretty excited for this one, because I really enjoy the period/etc. and was sadly disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.