Thread: How the AI does to balance the army with income?

Question How the AI does to balance the army with income?

If I play with 1 of the any of the 3 romans houses,like for example the House of Julii (red) and I have 10 cities cunquered, I can see in time that the other 2 romans houses, Brutii (green) and Scipii(blue) even if they have only 4 cities conquered,they have way much more army than me. And they do pretty well with income and constructing buildings in the same time.

What is the secret of them?

If you stop them to expand they will grow an huge army compared with the numebered of cities they have.

P.S. I play on the hardest mode.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How the AI does to balance the army with income?

If I recall correctly, the A.I. doesn't balance armies with income. However, at highest difficulty, they get a financial bonus each turn, hence they can build so many armies. (Also, it prefers to build units over buildings, so they don't develop their cities very much.)

This is not a GUIDE, so I will be moving this question to the main forum.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: How the AI does to balance the army with income?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogaday View Post
    If I play with 1 of the any of the 3 romans houses,like for example the House of Julii (red) and I have 10 cities cunquered, I can see in time that the other 2 romans houses, Brutii (green) and Scipii(blue) even if they have only 4 cities conquered,they have way much more army than me. And they do pretty well with income and constructing buildings in the same time.

What is the secret of them?

If you stop them to expand they will grow an huge army compared with the numebered of cities they have.

P.S. I play on the hardest mode.
    They don't, though you can tell when they are low on finances by the number of town watch they field with their armies. Usually when you have them on the ropes.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare