Thread: New Civil war FPS -War of Rights

Default New Civil war FPS -War of Rights

The game looks great, check it out on steam "war of rights"

started to play yesterday. Amazing. Realistic great game. Makes you feel like your in a real civil war battle ,smoke, screams, everything is great.
    Last edited by Tolkien; 12-27-2018 at 00:15.

Default Re: New Civil war FPS -War of Rights

For those interested in learning more, here's the games web page: War of Rights

Looks great visually. I just wonder how it will work in practice as it seems to be geared towards clans/group play and to be competent will require drilling as a unit. What of players not in a clan and how effective can they be in pickup games? I really like the concept, but I question if game players can be as disciplined as the game description seems to describe as necessary. This could be the next big thing or a flash-in-the-pan failure.
    This space intentionally left blank

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Doing this all over again, I expect online hostility maybe this isn't such a good idea

Seems to be a lot of games like this lately, promising simulation of line warfare in a multiplayer environment, from WW1 to the Napoleonic era.

One I can think of is Holdfast: Nations at War.

The results:

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Members thankful for this post (3):

Yeah, well, it sounds like a game for civil war reenactors, where they can train when they can't meet up in reality.
    Sounds like a niche to me, much like ArmA 3 serious military groups or the serioues flight sim community where some just work as air traffic controllers using the real lingo and so on.

If that's not doable, just watch Monty's hilarious video.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Found a video from the first day of Early Access. Interesting watching the players. You could almost feel their nervousness at being exposed - some kneeling even though they were constantly reminded that kneeling slows down reloading while others kinda positioned themselves behind other players. Unit coordination seemed to get better towards the middle of the battle but then appeared to get worse towards the end. From the video, I couldn't tell how they could see if what was going on with the enemy. Also lacking was any kind of coordination with other units. At one point they mentioned another unit on their left flank (again, how can they tell?), but that was all. It would be interesting to see an top-down view replay of the movements of each unit.

This space intentionally left blank

started to play yesterday. Amazing. Realistic great game. Makes you feel like your in a real civil war battle ,smoke, screams, everything is great.