Thread: Civil war Books From the Southern Perspective

Default Civil war Books From the Southern Perspective

The winner writes the history and that is the view we are all given. So here are a sample of some books from the southern perspective that will leve you asking, why was I not told that before? why was I lied to? Books found on amazon.

Lincoln

Lincoln As He Really Was
    The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
    Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe
    Forced into Glory: Abraham Lincoln's White Dream
    Dismantling the Republic

The South / Confederacy / States Rights

The South Was Right!
    The Confederate Constitution of 1861: An Inquiry into American Constitutionalism
    From Founding Fathers to Fire Eaters: The Constitutional Doctrine of States' Rights in the Old South
    Redeeming American Democracy: Lessons from the Confederate Constitution
    Nullification: Reclaiming Consent of the Governed
    Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century

Slavery

Myths of American Slavery
    Time on the Cross: The Economics of American Slavery
    A South-side view of slavery;
    South Carolina Slave Narratives: Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project 1936-1938
    Georgia Slave Narratives: Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project 1936-1938
    Everything You Were Taught About American Slavery is Wrong, Ask a Southerner!

Pro South Book Publisher for many more books

http://www.shotwellpublishing.com/
    https://www.searavenpress.com/southe...-war-books.htm

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Civil war Books From the Southern Perspective

I've seen counter pieces done on Lincoln and on the question of secession for years.

Slavery, dress it up any way you want, is one sentient OWNING another against the second sentient's consent. That's just flippin' wrong, full stop.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Total Relism.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

This list is pure fantasy. The only real history you have is the WPA interviews, which are in their own way problematic.

I encourage everyone to use their reading time on something else.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    This list is pure fantasy. The only real history you have is the WPA interviews, which are in their own way problematic.

I encourage everyone to use their reading time on something else.

These books you have never read and i assure you contain the history we are told to ignore. If they were "pure fantasy" I would never recommend them, unless of course it were LOTR.

I am of the opinion people should back up their claims. Would you care to debate a civil war subject? do you care to prove a specific category in my op is false? though of course you have not read the books so dont even know the stances taken. But i love to show people they are wrong when they think they are correct. Indoctrination is easy to refute. Do you care to debate?

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

You assume way too much. These books are among the most circulated lost causer works out there. In fact, it is almost like you've copy pasted from a pre selected list. Historical forums (really the internet generally) very much skew to the "untold" side of history, its unsurprising the the "lost cause" has carved out a deep niche.

Debate you on what? Your ability to copy paste voluminous text proves nothing. It is a common tactic of try hard polemics to bury their perceived opponent in information. As if quantity itself will overcome their poor intellectual position.

Your position is flawed from the start. None of these men are experts in their fields, there are no or few primary sources in any of these texts. This is not history, it is a political position working backwards trying to support itself using presentism.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    You assume way too much. These books are among the most circulated lost causer works out there. In fact, it is almost like you've copy pasted from a pre selected list. Historical forums (really the internet generally) very much skew to the "untold" side of history, its unsurprising the the "lost cause" has carved out a deep niche.

Debate you on what? Your ability to copy paste voluminous text proves nothing. It is a common tactic of try hard polemics to bury their perceived opponent in information. As if quantity itself will overcome their poor intellectual position.

Your position is flawed from the start. None of these men are experts in their fields, there are no or few primary sources in any of these texts. This is not history, it is a political position working backwards trying to support itself using presentism.

You assume way too much. You assume "None of these men are experts in their fields, there are no or few primary sources in any of these texts. This is not history, it is a political position working backwards trying to support itself using presentism"

but since we both see you will not debate if this is actually true, we both are aware you are in fact operating from your political position with no historical support.

Anytime you wish to man up and try to support your claims. you chose the subject. Making baseless claims and running from debate shows indoctrination needs no historical justification and neither does its followers.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

You give plenty of homework. I like reading so that's fine. Must admit that I know very little about of, that of was about human rights I do not believe but I am not informd very well. Got the author tot me, library is a 2 minute walk
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-14-2018 at 10:03.