Thread: android RTW

Default android RTW

I just found out that this title has been released for android and supposedly works on phones. Has anyone tried? I don't see any point in forking over ten bucks unless its good. Thanks in advance.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Default Re: android RTW

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    I just found out that this title has been released for android and supposedly works on phones. Has anyone tried? I don't see any point in forking over ten bucks unless its good. Thanks in advance.
    I tried it out so I may as well answer my own question in case anyone else is thinking about buying it.

It pretty much is RTW (no BI). I haven't spotted any differences yet. The controls area minor nuisance even when you get used to them, but they are doable. I've had a couple of crashes. Using a phone size screen is also a nuisance but doable.

I would recommend it for someone in my situation, which is that I wanted the game for nostalgia as well as for fun, and don't have a computer so running it on steam isn't an option. If you can play it on PC, there's no point in forking over $10 for a less convenient format.

I would not recommend it if it doesn't have the additional appeal of nostalgia. Sure its fun, but for an android game it is a bit pricey.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle