Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fragony

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragony

It's been a good while since I've perused these parts, but even I know how core Frag was to the Backroom. I hope those who knew the man himself are able to find peace, in time. It's never easy.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Did not get to see the final acts of the Brexit play. Shame...
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Bloody hell.

I just dropped by to lurk for the first time in over a year and I get this news.....

To say I'm shocked is an understatement, he must have been 10 years younger than me.

Does anyone know what happened to him?

It's late but rest in peace bud, we shared some political views but had a very similar sense of humour.

Yes he could be a bit of a mad lad but he was under it all a kind man. I will sorely miss him.

One of the reasons I didn't feel like posting here these last 18 months or so was because I had several bereavements in my own life. My mother, brother in law (only 44 yo) and three friends all died in that time. I suppose I'm getting to that age where instead of going to weddings and such, I go to funerals. That's five in the last 2 years.

Life can be a bummer some times.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 03-19-2019 at 17:08.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

rip.

always enjoyed his posts. what a shame.

place wont be the same without him.

Members thankful for this post (2):

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Like many, I only pass by these long-remembered halls from time to time. Fragony was someone who was such a part of my time here I am genuinely shocked to read of his passing. We agreed on very few things politically, but he was a gentleman of some learning, and great charm. It would be hard to decide whether it was Fragony or Tribesman to whom I gave the most warnings when a moderator, but he usually accepted in good spirit - or challenged in a spirited manner through PMs. His intellect and (when so minded) ability to debate taboo subjects certainly contributed to my own learning, because it is good to have ones assumptions rocked. He had an eclectic choice of reading material which we often discussed and that too broadened my horizons.

The one thing I remember we agreed on without caveat was that the Roxanne Tango from Moulin Rouge was perhaps the most erotic musical piece ever recorded on film. Given our backgrounds, it was a wonderfully weird point of personal contact.

I will listen to it again for his sake, and think of those good times, hoping that he has found peace.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Members thankful for this post (9):

+ Show/Hide List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12